Wine cooler conversion curer

FarmerPalmersNT

@Ashyi see you’ve bought a wine cooler, have you already installed a dehumidifier inside or is it still factory fresh?

9 hours ago, Slippy One said:

@Ashyi see you’ve bought a wine cooler, have you already installed a dehumidifier inside or is it still factory fresh?

It has been unboxed but other than that is untouched at the moment, simply haven't had time to modify it yet 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ashy said:

It has been unboxed but other than that is untouched at the moment, simply haven't had time to modify it yet 

In that case, could you possibly run it for a few days with a temp/humidistat inside? Preferably one outside too (as it works on the temp difference). 

I'm sure it's been mentioned in the last 42 pages, but I'm keen to know if 1. these fridges suck the moisture out 2. how much does ambient room temp make and 3. do these fridges really need a de/humidifier to achieve 50-60%rh? 

If spot on, I'd buy one tomorrow, I'm just not keen to modify it. 😝

I didn't modify mine at all, just ran the cables in through the door at the hinge side and taped it in place.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

What is it about this thread that Inspires such moronic comments lol NO, IT WON'T WORK WITHOUT A DEHUMIDIFIER.  I can't believe we're even discussing this TBH :doh:

Wheres that bloody unfollow button this is getting ridiculous. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, inceywinceyspider said:

I didn't modify mine at all, just ran the cables in through the door at the hinge side and taped it in place.

Also this lol

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, MindSoup said:

What is it about this thread that Inspires such moronic comments lol NO, IT WON'T WORK WITHOUT A DEHUMIDIFIER.  I can't believe we're even discussing this TBH :doh:

Apologies for asking a question that’s clearly been discussed already, but instead of complaining please can anyone answer what the humidity is without running a dehumidifier? Just curious that’s all. I’m sure it’s been discussed to death but would be good to know without getting jumped on with underlined capitals. It’s a simple question isn’t it? 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Who even ‘follows’ a thread in the first place?  You must be very passionate about the subject!

Call us morons?! 😂

Edited by Slippy One

Well I may not get chance to even plug it in for a few weeks but when I do I'll try and run it for a day or two and get your numbers. 

It will depend on a few factors though, as it might be the case that I need it set up ASAP after my holiday, in which case I won't have a couple of days to spare!

• Like 1

Chill Out lads

(See what I did there lol )

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

Chill Out lads

(See what I did there lol )

Well, exactly 😂 I'll happily get the numbers if I get chance, it's no skin off my nose. I was under the impression that the dehumidifier to bring humidity down was the entire point, though 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Who even ‘follows’ a thread in the first place?

It happens automatically, especially when people keep tagging me to ask questions that have already been answered over and over again lol :doh: It's not like I'm actually annoyed, or actually care but your literally asking someone to risk turning their crop to mush because you can't be arsed to read a thread and actually understand how the process works. It's the definition of moronic and I will say it like I see it as you know. :hippy:

48 minutes ago, Ashy said:

Well, exactly 😂 I'll happily get the numbers if I get chance, it's no skin off my nose. I was under the impression that the dehumidifier to bring humidity down was the entire point, though 🤷‍♂️

Just don't mate, it'll potentially ruin your crop, your first one at that:hippy:. Let him read the bloody thread lol

55 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Just don't mate, it'll potentially ruin your crop, your first one at that:hippy:. Let him read the bloody thread lol

Oh God no, I didn't mean with actual flowers in it, fucking hell! I just meant I'd run it for a few days before I needed it and get the comparative inside/outside numbers. 

I'm all in on Team Dehumidifier, baby 😎😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ashy said:

Well I may not get chance to even plug it in for a few weeks but when I do I'll try and run it for a day or two and get your numbers. 

It will depend on a few factors though, as it might be the case that I need it set up ASAP after my holiday, in which case I won't have a couple of days to spare!

@MindSoup that bottom paragraph there. If I need it set up as soon as I'm back then I'm not going to have days to play with before I have to use it, I.e. with a dehumidifier and controller and whatnot. Evidently I wasn't clear enough, my fault! 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1