Wine cooler conversion curer

FarmerPalmersNT

On 19/10/2021 at 00:29, FarmerPalmersNT said:

supplementary dehumidifier

11 hours ago, highjokr said:

What cooling differential have you lads got your inkbirds set at? My fridge has a fan inside the fridge which seems to be doing more work than the dehumidifier.

That's kind of the point. It's only there to help the fridges peltier along as and when it's needed. 

One thing to mention about the dehumidifiers, (it's probably been mentioned already but fuck it) is that you can easily kill the relays in your Inkbird/controller if your not careful. The relays don't like rapidly switching on/off, to stop this happening you want to set your "dehumidification delay time". I have mine set to 5 minutes, basically if it comes on it stays on for 5 mins, if it turns off it stays off for 5 minutes, regardless of the humidity. Saves coming home to a fridge that 25° and 35% humidity because  the relay has stuck on lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ashy said:

Nice one DPD 🤦‍♂️

When I say my porch is a safe place to leave stuff, "when the porch door actually closes" might only be implied, but it's fairly fucking obvious I'd have thought?!

No chance of that still being there when I get home in two hours, then. Or if it is I will be very fucking surprised!

large.0065_20599_388_3600_24_001_3_2.jpeg.14300ec713af6c16689ee6a8f72dcebe.jpeg

With that photo I'd tell them it wasn't there  even if it was lol

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Local scallys must all still be asleep because it was still there when I got in, somehow!

I have discovered that due to the layout of my spare room I can't actually get it through the door though, so I'm gonna have to shuffle some stuff around before I can work on it 🤦‍♂️🤣

Edited by Ashy
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Ashy said:

Local scallys must all still be asleep because it was still there when I got in, somehow!

I have discovered that due to the layout of my spare room I can't actually get it through the door though, so I'm gonna have to shuffle some stuff around before I can work on it 🤦‍♂️🤣

Take the door off? :)

• Like 1

Just now, MidgeSmith said:

Take the door off? :)

Could get it off alright, but suspect getting it back on straight might be beyond me 🤣

Easier to just move some shit over the weekend I think!

• Haha 2

I've given it a good look over now, and everything seems to be in the right place, and nothing's hanging off. Did I get the one good, cheap, one of these from Germany? 😂

I'm fully expecting it to catch fire when I plug it in now I've said that. Easy access to cut the power and a fire extinguisher will both be on stand-by when I get round to plugging it in. That's definitely not a sad indictment of my sparky skills and complete lack of confidence in cheap shit from the continent, no no.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ashy said:

I've given it a good look over now, and everything seems to be in the right place, and nothing's hanging off. Did I get the one good, cheap, one of these from Germany? 😂

I'm fully expecting it to catch fire when I plug it in now I've said that. Easy access to cut the power and a fire extinguisher will both be on stand-by when I get round to plugging it in. That's definitely not a sad indictment of my sparky skills and complete lack of confidence in cheap shit from the continent, no no.

No Klarsteins are awesome and quite expensive if you buy them, in the UK.  You just got lucky they didn't break it on the way over!  I got lucky cos I got a good discount on mine when it was damaged.  We're all winners here :D

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

German Engineering 👍

Vorsprung Cure Technic!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, MidgeSmith said:

No Klarsteins are awesome and quite expensive if y ou buy them, in the UK.  You just got lucky they didn't break it on the way over!  I got lucky cos I got a good discount on mine.  We're all winners here :D

When I say "cheap shit" it's a bit back-handed in this situation. I know these things are bonkers-expensive from a UK supplier, and I've read enough stories in this thread to have been expecting a catastrofuck when I opened it, so to see it all in one piece was a nice surprise. But it's also made me think "What's broken that I can't see"

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is, etc etc!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

Vorsprung Cure Technic!

Four Spring Duck Technique

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

Vorsprung Cure Technic!

Sounds like something Del Boy would say lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ashy said:

When I say "cheap shit" it's a bit back-handed in this situation. I know these things are bonkers-expensive from a UK supplier, and I've read enough stories in this thread to have been expecting a catastrofuck when I opened it, so to see it all in one piece was a nice surprise. But it's also made me think "What's broken that I can't see"

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is, etc etc!

Ahhh.  I see.  Yeah.  Nah, you got lucky and busted a theory of mine in the process, which is great. (I thought maybe they bought them damaged and flogged them on, knowing they'd have some returns and have to discount others. Now I think it is just insufficient packing for consistently safe international transport.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MidgeSmith said:

Now I think it is just insufficient packing for consistently safe international transport.

Some of the polystyrene sheets were snapped, but the unit itself seems entirely intact. I'll probably keep those sheets as extra insulation for the tent!

• Like 2