Wine cooler conversion curer

FarmerPalmersNT

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

Something to seal the hole afterwards and you are good to go!

Seriously dude, you will never regret having a curing fridge :)

Also, if the fridge arrives broken, arrange a hefty discount.  They are used to it. :)

large_Oops.png.26ea70ddd5cc907c2050cb3f4407a369.png

Ooops. 😂

I figure if I've come this far, I might as well invest for the future right from my first crop!

(Edit - as you can probably tell, that's a burner email 🤣)

Edited by Ashy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Ashy said:

as you can probably tell, that's a burner email 🤣)

lol, i didn't notice it until i read that bit

That's a proper burner name, they tend to be what's on your mind in that given moment, normally anger to do with setting the dam thing up, My passwords are the same as i'm always having to change them so they will be what ever i'm raging about at the time lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Haha 2

Just now, Military Grade said:

lol, i didn't notice it until i read that bit

That's a proper burner name, they tend to be what's on your mind in that given moment, normally anger to do with setting the dam thing up, My passwords are the same as i'm always having to change them so they will be what ever i'm raging about at the time lol

Possibly ironically, it's a burner I've had for about 15 years or something now 🤣 It gets used for secondary accounts and anywhere I think is probably going to spam me 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To try and keep this vaugely on-topic, this is the DH I plan on ripping to bits to see if I can make it work with that cooler;

"Devology Portable Compact 1100ml Mini Dehumidifier"

It's a touch-button power button, not a mechanical switch, so let's see how fast I set my house on fire by wiring it up wrong. Place your bets!

• Like 1

You'll be 'right.  I'm an electronic dunce and I ripped out two circuits and hard-wired the power easily :)

• Like 1

Just now, MidgeSmith said:

You'll be 'right.  I'm an electronic dunce and I ripped out two circuits and hard-wired the power easily :)

It's not the "thread favourite" DH, so I'll just be hacking bits off it and seeing if I can work it out 😂

Can't be that hard, right?!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I went with an alternative.  The only issue was it was a bit tall and so I lost a bit of two shelves.  I went with a rebadged version of the OG design in the end because I couldn't figure out how to make the one I had small enough.  I'm sure it will be fine though. The one you picked is a lot smaller looking than the one I found first.

Edited by MidgeSmith

@Ashy Got any shipping details yet to indicate actual date of delivery?

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

Just says "In transit", haven't got an ETA or anything. Looks like it cleared German export customs yesterday though so that feels like progress.

Just been pondering wether to hang them up in it or lie them on shelves, and if shelves, what to use. Thinking maybe some sort of flexible mesh material maybe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashy said:

Just been pondering wether to hang them up in it or lie them on shelves, and if shelves, what to use. Thinking maybe some sort of flexible mesh material maybe.

Yeah, I used those chip cooking meshes that you can place directly on the wire shelves to hold them, I think several others did the same.  I just cable tied them to the sides of the shelf to stop them moving.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ashy said:

Just says "In transit", haven't got an ETA or anything. Looks like it cleared German export customs yesterday though so that feels like progress

At least the wheels are in motion👍

3 minutes ago, Ashy said:

Just been pondering wether to hang them up in it or lie them on shelves, and if shelves, what to use. Thinking maybe some sort of flexible mesh material maybe

You can get these cooking non stick silicone mesh racks, might be worth a look if you plan to lay them down 👍

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Well I can only assume they've teleported it straight from German customs because apparently it's being delivered tomorrow! Get in. Gives me a couple of weeks to get it set up and dialled in. Bloody fast that, to be fair to them

• Like 1

What cooling differential have you lads got your inkbirds set at? My fridge has a fan inside the fridge which seems to be doing more work than the dehumidifier.

Nice one DPD 🤦‍♂️

When I say my porch is a safe place to leave stuff, "when the porch door actually closes" might only be implied, but it's fairly fucking obvious I'd have thought?!

No chance of that still being there when I get home in two hours, then. Or if it is I will be very fucking surprised!

large.0065_20599_388_3600_24_001_3_2.jpeg.14300ec713af6c16689ee6a8f72dcebe.jpeg

• Like 3