Old School Genetics

MindSoup

@latigid aikon Ye sorry I wasn't being the clearest lol 

I did grab that from a UK site as they had a discount on. I only really wanted the 90s widow regs and maybe a few other "oldie" strains he has but the widow road is the next best thing, hopefully.

Here's hoping it'll throw up some good stuff, I think old skunks and chems work well together :skin_up:

• Like 1

Just now, Shaggy1 said:

widow road is the next best thing

It's probably going to be better in some ways lol

OW90's is an S1 so it's a bit of a pheno hunt, Widow Road in theory should be a lot more consistent.

Did you get fems or regs?

• Like 2

Bollox. 

When I saw this thread reappear, had a rustle through the beans, had OW90's & WR. 

Germed a single OW90 22 days ago. 

Fingers crossed. 

• Like 3

See @latigid aikon I'm not making sense again, I look at too many seeds I'm getting confused lol i thought there was a reg version of the widow, other than the widow road. So I made the right choice without knowing it as I don't want fems really.

I got the reg version mate, would like to f2 them and see what's hiding in there if they show any promise. :skin_up:

• Like 1

Just now, Goodbloke said:

Germed a single OW90 22 days ago. 

Fingers crossed

I got 2 keepers from 6 so your odds of finding something good are pretty high I reckon.

Just now, Shaggy1 said:

I'm not making sense again,

TBH it's probably me, I've been smoking OW90's all day that my mate grew and I'm not used to it lol

Just now, Shaggy1 said:

would like to f2 them and see what's hiding in there i

Nice one, that's exactly what I was going to say if you had regs. In theory you should get some progeny that lean towards the Widow side which would be nice.

• Like 2

That definitely sounds promising @latigid aikon, do they remind you of the old widow? Or are they just cracking smokes?

21 hours ago, latigid aikon said:

TBH it's probably me, I've been smoking OW90's all day that my mate grew and I'm not used to it lol

I think the majority of us on here are in a pickle most of the time, dw! It's great isn't it lol 

Ye I'm hoping that's the case with the f2s. I can't say when I'll get to them but I might chuck a few in for a peak sometime next year :skin_up:

• Like 1

@Shaggy1Yeah it's definitely Widow but it's not 100% there, the two I kept are different from each other but if you combined their characteristics it would be very close to WW. I think it's a numbers game with a selfed plant, both parents are widow but not all offspring will have all desirable characteristics. He knows this I think because I bought a 3 pack and it had 6 seeds in it! If I only had three I might not have found the two I kept and I would have written the variety off.  I've actually got another pack in the fridge now so I can have another hunt through it at some point.

• Like 2

That does sound promising then @latigid aikon if there's certain characteristics there! That's all you can ask for really unless you're one lucky fucker, like you say it would probably take a shit load to find an identical pheno to the old stuff but if there's a resemblance then it's worth a hunt! 

I ran 3 females of 4kalis skunk x Widow, didn't find any widow as such but lots of old school smells and highs you don't see anymore so I'm thinking there's got to be something in there too.

Tbf I haven't smoke widow in close to 15 years I'd say, same with most of the old stuff so I'm just waiting until I grow them and that lightbulb moment happens and you just know. I've had a few of those moments lately so I'm off to a good start! 

Good luck with the rest of your seeds too bud, hope they produce another keeper or 2.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

@Shaggy1 I've run one of 4kalis S x W too, definitely no widow coming through but I think I recall him saying he didn't expect them to. It's definitely full of old school though as you say,  it almost reminds me of my bubblegum clone in some ways but it's skunkier than bubblegum and much more complex. I'm definitely going to run some more of them.

• Like 1

Ye I can faintly remember 4k saying that too, all I remember is it was an old widow called PR1 that they back crossed, although I've never heard of PR1 personally, I was sold at widow lol

Now you mention bubblegum, 1 of my 3 has a floral sweet spice sort of smell and I had some yesterday and it has a refreshers sort of taste, it's like a very elegant sweet floral. The other 2 are meaty, spicy, organic funk, the only things I've ran that resemble them at all are Aces Kali China + zamaldelica x KC.

Back to the widow road, they arrived yesterday and I've decided I'll pop a few the run after next, I need to get some sativa smoke again then I'm back on a skunk hunt :skin_up:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shaggy1 said:

all I remember is it was an old widow called PR1 that they back crossed, although I've never heard of PR1 personally

Yeah I remember that, if I had to guess I'd say PR1 is the Preston postcode area where the clone originated?

1 of my 3 has a floral sweet spice sort of smell and I had some yesterday and it has a refreshers sort of taste, it's like a very elegant sweet floral.

Ah yeah that is the pheno I have I reckon. I wish I could describe smells/tastes lol

The other 2 are meaty, spicy, organic funk,

I need to crack some more seeds open...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

4kali’s SxW Is most certainly bubblegummy.

Mine weren't, i got all the pine , full on toilet duck.

8 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

It’s fucking strong smoke too.

Aye , this i cannot argue with!

Also piece of piss to grow, my stand out for sowing 2 reeks of diesel and rotten eggs :skin_up:

:yinyang:

• Like 3

Just ordered some ESB and Cindy 99. Never thought i would ever get the chance to try these strains out. $160 with freebies added. Also paid for subscription and for some Smottie remix.

MistY

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I don't understand why the old school whidow is labelled as 80% indica and 20% sativa.

Is this the '90 widow?

Both terms are arguably pointless so I don't usually pay much attention to them but looking on seed finder it seems you can get a WW with just about any ratio of sativa/Indica you could imagine lol

The effects of the one I did where very heavy/couch lock but it did make the mind race a bit, so maybe that's what inspired the ratio??? 

• Like 3