CANCARD

Sid the Seedkiller

6 minutes ago, ratdog said:

then it turned out he was a fucking con man on the make, so we were right that time.

Funny you should say that cos that is exactly what Reynolds accused Jeff D (in his absence) of recently in a private facefuck group.

Activists lol I’ve shit ‘em lol 

Edited by bartman
  • Like 2

Just now, NezA said:

Not sure about the Medicann Card but the CANCARD have employed the same data handlers used by the NHS CANCARD will not have access to the data directly. They've chosen to go down the best in class route when it comes to patient data. Obviously there's always a risk involved when it comes to personal data especially regarding data that might potentially incriminate one's self. It's a balance of risks and mitigations. It's not a system for everyone but some would be willing and even thankful to use it.

Even then, the card is just evidence that you have one or more of the qualifying conditions. It's not an admission that you're using cannabis.

Just now, NezA said:

Not sure about the Medicann Card but the CANCARD have employed the same data handlers used by the NHS CANCARD will not have access to the data directly. They've chosen to go down the best in class route when it comes to patient data.

:stoned:  

Should we be worried about the NHS selling patient data?

BMJ 2020

The NHS hopes that sharing patients’ data with technology companies might improve services, but there are concerns about how decisions over data sharing are made.

Who owns the NHS’s patient data?

There may be no meaningful answer to this. “Legally, there isn’t really such a thing as owning data,”

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Just now, soto said:

It's not an admission that you're using cannabis.

really? it would be the first thing i would think it means tbh

• Like 4

Just now, ratdog said:

really? it would be the first thing i would think it means tbh

I'm just saying that in principle that's what it is. In principle having one doesn't incriminate you of anything. One policeman's interpretation of possessing a cancard might be quite different though. 

To be honest, if you're growing and you're worried then don't get one. 

@twigs

Yes that's the NHS not CANCARD. They use the same data handler but that's doesn't mean CANCARD are going to start selling your data.

It's not a relevant point regarding the security of personal data. If CANCARD want to sell your data they have to ask permission.

Also the data the NHS are selling is anonymised (unless something has changed since the last time I checked) 

I'm no fan of the way personal data is harvested and used for commercial gain but until we have comprehensive data rights it's the way it will stay.

• Like 2

Just now, NezA said:

Yes that's the NHS not CANCARD. They use the same data handler but that's doesn't mean CANCARD are going to start selling your data

do you know who owns the data mate? or who has access to it?

• Like 2

@twigs

From their website:

DATA

How will my data be stored?

"The Police will not be given access to your data, they don't want it and understand that this would be a concern for patients. We have an anti-corruption lead on our working group who is incredibly well versed in safeguarding. The police merely need a visual cue in the form of a photo ID which can be presented to them in the event of a stop or complaint, they do not want or need access to any of your data.

GDPR is now law, in everything you sign up to now; it would be illegal for any organisation to use your data for anything that you have not given permission for. Our processes will be fully GDPR compliant, your email address will never be used for anything other than keeping you up to date. Our privacy policy is here.

We have an incredible company who have offered to build our encrypted server to keep everyone safe. This company is the leading provider in the UK, working with national institutions such as the NHS. They have offered us a massive discount due to the fact that the director is directly affected by the issues at hand. This community is great at pulling together!"

There's also a link to their privacy policy I can't say I've taken the time to read it, but from what I've seen and read personally nothing makes me feel uncomfortable. If I were a patient seeking an additional form of mitigation my opinion is it wouldn't hurt. Because I grow its no benefit to my broadest concerns though.

• Like 1

On 28/01/2021 at 1:31 AM, soto said:

Avoid telling your GP practice anything about Cancard or whether you're using cannabis medicinally.

Why not? The NHS data protection and privacy is the best,right?

Why the mistrust with the NHS?

16 minutes ago, bartman said:

Why not? The NHS data protection and privacy is the best,right?

Why the mistrust with the NHS?

Come on now, don't try and bait me. 

I have spent countless hours pouring over my medical records so am quite familar with NHS data handling practices. I have also been accused by a doctor of abusing cannabis because I once told another doctor that I was using it medicinally. This neccesitated my making a formal complaint to the CCG which sadly wasn't upheld although the cannabis part was only one small part of it. 

Thus I shout from the rooftops for people to be careful what they say to medical professionals. They have way too much power and even if you have a good rapport with your doctor, you can't determine how an entry mentioning cannabis will be intepreted by a doctor further down the line. 

Edited by soto
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, soto said:

Thus I shout from the rooftops for people to be careful what they say to medical professionals.

But cannabis use is a health issue not a criminal one i hear said all too often yet you tell some nobody all about you and even supply photo evidence but not discuss it with your GP.

How fucked up is that? lol 

Edited by bartman

@NezA that sounds good and proper on the face on things :yep:  but they are using/working under data laws that get abused daily in the leaking and mining of data.. that’s why we’re having this conversation, because it happens.

there are no safeguards in reality, because people break the law and things change out of your control.

you’ve put yourself in a subservient position because you’ve ‘given up’ your information to be used as somebody else see’s fit.. ideals change, laws change, companies get sold etc.. 

I would suggest not giving up your position in a battle, unless it’s a trick/diversion..

:yinyang:

e2+ that’s just my opinion mate, that’s all. I’ve been burnt by people I know  very well and people I don’t know, and i don’t see things changing lol 

Edited by twigs
  • Like 5

Just now, bartman said:

But cannabis use is a health issue not a criminal one i hear said all too often yet you tell some nobody all about you and even supply photo evidence but not your GP.

How fucked up is that lol 

bartman, we're going round in circles here. Cancard is not an admission of cannabis use. It's not the same thing. I'm sorry but I'm getting a bit tired of going over this.

2 minutes ago, soto said:

bartman, we're going round in circles here. Cancard is not an admission of cannabis use. It's not the same thing. I'm sorry but I'm getting a bit tired of going over this.

Yeah.

There’s some kids smoking weed outside your local shop. Quick save them. lol They need your wisdom and experience to save their day. lol 

Edited by bartman