6 Sweet Ladies In Lockdown.

growinggold

@growinggold great update dude, plants are looking spot on and as nugs says the Blumats are working a treat! Good idea to dump all the photos too as they are all good and more the merrier for the comp ;)

Keep up the good work:oldtoker:

• Like 4

Thanks @Punta Roja I hadn't picked up on that, thanks for looking and pointing it out. Does it mean anything in particular? Or is just the ladies expressing themselves in their individual way. Love tent full of characters. 

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 4

Not sure mate, I've done a bit of digging and a common theory is that the plant has Afghani in its heritage as does the MH. Some say the original Skunk also Colombian.

Here's a thread about it...

@ratdog @Michael Luchóg Tempus Fugit

Edited by Punta Roja
  • Like 6

Great diary with fantastic attention to detail enjoying the updates. Just a quick question on your nutrient tank is it heated? as UK temps a now at the annual lowest.

• Like 3

Thanks @Rooster there real kind words glad your enjoying it. Hopefully some more treats to come. 

With regards the water/nutrient tank it's unheated and sits outside the insulated grow space. Usually the unisulated space is around 10c lower than the tent so averaging 14/15c I'd say. 

You can see it in the pic below black wham plastic box with a lid. Little pipe goes out the left through the wall and into the back of the tent. This means I don't even have to open tent to feed and water the ladies in lockdown. Keeps em pegged down and in order. Love da blumat.

To negotiate water temps atm I've been making sure to pull the rainwater from the butts outside at least day or two before needed so I can get them to room temperature in the house. I did try leaving them shed but it's sent the humidity sky high so house it is. Once at room temperature I add nutrients (right box) lift lid, fill and repeat.  I could probs stretch to 36 hours before full refill.  No hassle.

large.Space.JPG

Any questions just ask away. 

GG

:skin_up:

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 11

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am in the process of building a similar set up in my shed and this diary is perfect for me to follow and the info I am getting from this is first class.  Regarding the watering system I have never seen the carrots before have you a link on where to purchase and how to set up as the results you are getting from them in this environment seem perfect. Great tip on storing your water ready for mixing away from the room to keeping the humidity down in the past I’ve struggled with humidity. 
Best of luck in the flowering and harvest looking forward to seeing the progress unfold.:smokin:

• Like 1

@Rooster. Just Google tropf blumat as @Shumroom suggests and you can buy them in pack of 2 or a set with other bits. The set works our cheapest. If you don't go for the set you would need some additional pipe to link them, a tap (makes draining and install easier) and tank pipe adapter. I use one carrot per pot/ plantand make sure to get the tropf ones as they will have the driper pipe needed. The classic ones are more for house plants.  

• Like 3

Thanks @jadenugs they do all the work really, its should called 6 sweet blumats. love the terracotta.  

I know mate @Fragg its bloody hard work picking pictures i think will just do two updates, and use one camera a post. 

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 2

Hello All,

Going to be bit of a picture heavy update again get comfy, role a juicy J, pack a vape or slurp some tincture. The ladies have been busy.

And hears a couple of teasers....

large_can.jpglarge.caopy3.jpg

Grow Day:48  - 21.01.21
Flower Week 3-  Day 21

More pruning and trimming, I think, I hope for the last time. I would like some buds now. 

large.IMG_20210121_201337.jpg

Group Shots

Positions as below.
Jack 47 - Black Jack - Ice Cool
Do Sweet Do's - Mohan Ram - Sweet Zkittlez

large.canopy2.jpg

You can see the girls have really shot up.

large.Grpunzip.jpglarge.groupunziplow.jpg

And right down low. Be free Amblyseius be free. Eat all you can.

large.downlow1.jpg

After mouth of nights trim.

large_trim.jpg

Stretch Heights
In Inch"                         

Think I may have to use them extra spare headroom inch's, I didn't expect them all the keep stretching! THEY JUST WONT STOP. 

Heights 02.01.21 10.01.21 16.01.21 21.01.21 TOTAL " STRETCH % Increase
Jack 47 16 26 31 40 24 250%
Black Jack 14 16 22 35 21 250%
Ice Cool 13 16 23 34 21 262%
Do Sweet Do's 16 26 31 40 24 250%
Mohan Ram 15 19 26 35 20 233%
Sweet Zkittlez 15 22 30 38 23 253%

Only 10" away from the LEDs now.

Close Ups & Individual Shots
We now have flowers showing on the all the ladies, white pistils galore. Its time to switch to the Canna Torres Flores feed. I will be starting at the same dose I have been giving the Vega at.
The Flores has a slight different NPK make up, Flores;2-2-4     Vega; 3-1-3.  The Canna feed guide recommends 31ml Per 5L at this stage but I will slowly build up to that I don't like to be hasty. So they will be started at 23ml Per 5L.

Jack47

large.Jack47.jpglarge.jack472.jpg

Black Jack

This poor lass is still getting over run, ive noticed on my trim she doesn't have many branches left. Hopefully I can get nuggets from her. 

large.BlackJack.jpg

Ice Cool

Mrs Pastel has thrown some pistils, yes please. Still on my favs. 

large.IceCool.jpg

Do Sweet Do's

large.Dosweetdoo.jpg

Mohan Ram

large.MohanRam.jpg

Sweet Zkittlez

large.SweetZkittlez.jpg

Oh yeah and couple of randoms I struggle to identify, 'Ive got too bloody stoned. 

large.IMG_20210121_201505.jpglarge.IMG_20210121_201439.jpglarge.IMG_20210121_201502.jpg

The Weather
Positive week weather wise. Another mild week here, we have seemed to dodge the worse of the weather around the UK, we have had it all but in dribs and brabs and never for long.
Let it continue. My mate actually also played a blinder and dropped me off a slimline water butt. So I have rigged it up to the 1 down gutter and its filled over night.

Which has also allowed me to get the larger less quickly filling one also filled with the rain. 

large.6009fc806b57e_weather18_01-25_01_21.png

Temps and Humidity for the last week:
Insulated grow space with tight door: 14.01.21 – 21.01.21
Temps ranged from 30.5 to 22.7c- Average 27.3c 
Humidity from 62.5% to 36.9% - Average 46.9%

As you can see the average grow space temperature has risen a little which is good.

You can also see where we had a power cut this afternoon in the storms, the humidity suddenly spikes and drops when the RVK kicks back in. 

large.weektemps.jpg

VPD- (Vapor Pressure Deficit)
VPD stands for Vapour Pressure Deficit. It is a way of calculating the exact combination of temperature and relative humidity to achieve absolute peak performance from a plant. Thus allowing to you fine tune your environment/grow space. 

I was a little unsure if to share this or not as I am not 100% clued up on this, however in the effort to further my own and others knowledge I will share my results and findings so far.

I know others on UK420 are getting really stuck into it and enjoy the knowledge; @Shumroom @mikeydoughnut @superfruit @NezA
So it was around 3 weeks ago i noticed my Temp and Humidity sensor (SenorPush Bluetooth) started offering a VPD graph. 
I'm not going mad over this and very much using it learning exercise on where i need to tweak my setup going forward ranter than a driver of my environment, I just wanted to show others on where this grows falls on the VPD scale.

Please also note the leaf temperature offset measurements below are not taken using an Infrared thermometer its completed guess work (the Mrs gave our one away at the start of the pandemic, and got a more accurate digital mouth one which can't scan leaf temperatures :(

I have used both -1 and -2. Please see findings below. Also please note these snapshots are taken for the 12 hours lights are on, due to fact VPD only really matters when the stomata (pores on the bottom of plant leaves) are open. Plants are kinda like us; at night they relax a bit. Since there’s no sunlight for photosynthesis, plants slow down their metabolism, reduce their rates of respiration and transpiration, and close their stomata.

-1 Leaf Offset

large.6009f39a21784_-1TempsandhumiFULL.jpg

-2 Leaf Offset

large.6009f3a00dc12_-2temsFull.jpg

I am hoping leaf temperatures offsets are -2 as this puts me lot closer to magic green VPD line.
Here is the general graph for the VPD, courtesy of Pulse Labs grow. thanks. Subscribe to their website its worth the educational emails.
So fingers crossed I'm not far away here, Ive marked the weekly average with the blue square square on graph below so you can see for ease. 

large.6009f41bb8b47_Flower-2Leaf.png

Feed
18.01.21-  Added 10l Rain water to tank, 23ml Canna Terra Vega 
20.01.21-  Added 5l Rain water to tank, 22ml Canna Terra Vega        
21.01.21-  Added 10l Rain water to tank, 23ml Canna Terra Flores

Equipment Settings
Lights- 12 Hours On (7pm-7am) 12 Hours off (7am-7pm)
LED Light 1. 220w Highlight 120w-  @48" From top of pots
LED Light 2. 150w Scope v2 120w-  @48" From top of pots
6" RVK - Mode 3 Of 5
Inkbird- Set @ 26c for heat Mat and tube heater.
Tube Heater - Full
Oil Rad- Set @1500w of 1500w
Black Fan- On Low
Water Tropf Blumat Tank- 8v Submersed water pump
Meaco 20L Dehumidifier set @ 70%- Drain to waste added. 

Let the stinky flower show begin.

GG

:skin_up:

P.s let see how these cuts do, couldn't put all the trimmings in the in the compost.

large.experimet.jpg

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 13

What a great diary, so detailed and informative. I can’t believe how tall those girls are at 7 weeks! How much longer do they have to flower? 

• Like 4

Absolutely fantastic post @growinggold  mate and thanks for the shout out.

VPD is a complicated old topic but you've done a great job of communicating your thoughts.

As Oppenheimer would say "The best way to learn, is to teach."

• Like 5