Dynavap - Owners Thread...

zeroG

Yeah - I might be interested when they start selling the tip and cap if they're not silly money as I don't really need any of the other bits 

• 1 month later...

So after much deliberation I've come to the conclusion that A. Im a twat and B. I need a dynavap :unsure:

Point A. is referencing the fact i had one, very briefly... Ordered flowermate v5 off vape fiend back around 2016 and they sent me what I thought was some random part for something i didn't have or want by mistake... It was a dynavap M :doh:

So like a pillock i sent it back and diligently waiting for the heap of shit electronic vape id decided i wanted.

Had I known what I know now id have kept it :unsure:

So i guess I'll buy one now... Quite like the look of the woodwynd :skin_up:

:yinyang:

52 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

simrell hyper 9

Nope but I do have a wooden MVS which I think would be the model released before. Been rocking it on half bowl with an FMJ for lovely tasty one hitters. Same cooling vortex thingy from the looks of it. Lovely workmanship, notably better cooling than standard dynavaps and used to be stupidly expensive compared to the competition, which was the only drawback but now it seems all the competitions have raised their prices. large.6EE2ACCD-334D-4EDB-B04D-BA3BF27206C6.jpeg.6a97d242624526164f05beafb06e714a.jpeg

• Like 1

@CuriousOrange is that the copper fmj on that?

Think I fancy the SS version, apparently copper ain't great if it's anywhere near yer vapour path.. *citation needed* im just parroting a friend :unsure:

Just got the bits through the door for Mrs P's vapcap, hopefully she gets on with it :D

large.DSC_0809.JPG.774105bcd28855708fde4d2a77425cb1.JPG

Went for the mad heaters stem for her , m+ stainless tip and an armoured cap.

Looks nice with that rainbow pvd coating either way lol

• Like 3

@BilgePump looks beautiful, you made a very good choice, I’m sure she’ll be chuffed with that. 

Yeah, I’ve heard that of he copper GMJ and it does make some sense but meh! I don’t feel it’s in the air path anywhere near enough to lose any sleep over. I visited London in the 80’s a few times and feel that those day trips did my respiratory system much more harm than a copper fmj ever could, black bogies for  days after that

• WOW 1

@CuriousOrange a valid point, its only an fmj after all, not like the anvil tip that have copper in the actual tip construction.

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 1

Hope she likes it ..... that revolve stem is sweet 

I don't think you'll need an FMJ and an armoured cap. 

I think I'd be more tempted to put the money towards a Tempest head instead 

• Like 1

@Hippie on hill i want an fmj for the simrell hyper 9 I've just ordered for myself, the Mrs is set with that little arrangement i reckon.

Only reason I want the fmj over an armoured cap is to be a bit different, plus we can compare them side-by-side and I'll probably end up getting an armoured cap myself in the end...

1 hour ago, BilgePump said:

not like the anvil tip that have copper in the actual tip construction

Exactly that, it’s not actually sucking on a heated copper straw. That said I would get the SS one now just to dispel the thought if I was buying again, I got the copper pretty much as soon as they were released. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with all the new toys

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CuriousOrange said:

all the new toys

Well i just hope the cats aren't expecting food til Christmas lol

Not cheap this thermal extraction malarkey lol

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Boom! And I'm up to date on this thread! Been meaning / trying to do this, since I joined the fucking place :D

Got a Vapoven IH to run my Omni < That's the 'Obsidian' one. Think I'll drag that set out, presently.

It seems I'll have, probably, fucked the Clicker, in my cap then? Ffs! My own fault, entirely. I'm deaf, see? Got the gear. Put them together. Pressed the button and waited.

I think it's when the smoke belched out that I paused to wonder if I'd fucked up.

I soon realised, I have to silence this thing. Get my 'best' ear Right Up To the Dyna, and Listen like Felix! I'll get a Click. But, I thought I'd picked up that there's supposed to be a smaller one too? What ever: Having to put ye chin on the desk, as every nerve end in ye body strains to catch a tiny 'click'? Sort of spoils the mood :(

I do tend to catch the Cooling click, actually. Wonder if I'm even feeling that, through my finger tips, though? What ever: What's the click craic, please, guys? It might help to see it written.

Each tip and cap combo are different 

Heat (and cool) the empty tip and cap and have a listen (a magnet is handy for quick cooldowns)

There are 2 clicker discs in the cap  

Some are louder than others and some are more in sync with the tip than others in my experience 

By in sync I mean the wait for the cooldown click after the vapour fades, and the heatup click in an IH

So it's worth trying different combos if you can  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have to be a little careful with each tip as well. Some require more ‘Mississippi’s’ than others after the first or second heating click to get to temp -  that’s my count for seconds, mostly my extra count is 5. And some you can go over even just one iota!

I also have two caps that click once on the up, and only ever once, but always twice on the way down.

i also have a titanium combo that was converted from stainless that can’t go even go a nano second over the first click on it’s cap otherwise you’d think they’re had been a forest fire… 

the one constant is that you can always feel the click, easier if you’re torching, but if you hold your device in an IH you can feel it as well…😎 

• Thanks 1