DIY Auto-Watering & Drain to Waste System.

I was wondering if you kept all the lines the same length (Same as one furthest from pump) and neatly coiled the excess lines for the pots closer to the pump that this may keep pump pressure the same for all pots? Just a thought

Great system by the way.

Hey dude, i dont neatly coil the lines & all seems fine :chef:

Hi saint, that was me just being finicky. I've got a system in which my feed lines are attached to the wall (Hose Pipes) and are at an incline which inturn drop off in to each pot. In the pot is a 40mm diameter T shaped hollow tube canister, this canister is placed in the pot upside down with the top of the T at the very bottom of the pot and the straight of the T protruding from the soil picking up the hose pipes for feed and air. This canister is capped of on all three ends, however the part of the T on the bottom of the pot has been peppered with small drill holes to allow for feed and air to exit. All the ends of the hose pipes meet at one end of the room in which I can just pop out the hose plug and replace with a funnel to feed. When in full bloom it works out as 1 liter of feed through the hoses and 1 litre through the top of the pot every other day until harvest. The way I get the feed into the top of the pot is via a length of 25mm conduit with a bit of flexi pipe on the end and a funnel attached to the other end. I can just stretch this across my room in-between my plants to get to my pots.

It would be very easy for me to convert my system to include your system no problem at all. I even ordered the 13mm to 4mm straight end connectors from ebay last night with a view to do this. The only thing that is holding me back is the thought of a time clock not switching itself off after watering. I have 42 litre pots in which i use compost. my flexi pots have no holes in the bottom but do have 4 small holes drilled in about a 100mm up from the pot floor. (One in each quadrant around the circumference of the pot) This is a precaution because sometimes I forget which pots I have watered and I've designed them so that they can only take a certain amount of feed in one go.

For me a time clock not switching off (My experience even the digital one's do actually on occasions do this) would be devastating for me emptying out a 90 litre tank between twelve 42 litre pots. I know it's binding to knock up nutes every other day but is probably safer for me. Although I can see the logic and I'm still tempted. (Automated Soil !)

Feed Lines (Straight Through System)

Air and Feed Canister (Straight Through System)

Again you've got a great system, Thanks for sharing

Edited by English Oak

Hi saint, that was me just being finicky. I've got a system in which my feed lines are attached to the wall (Hose Pipes) and are at an incline which inturn drop off in to each pot. In the pot is a 40mm diameter T shaped hollow tube canister, this canister is placed in the pot upside down with the top of the T at the very bottom of the pot and the straight of the T protruding from the soil picking up the hose pipes for feed and air. This canister is capped of on all three ends, however the part of the T on the bottom of the pot has been peppered with small drill holes to allow for feed and air to exit. All the ends of the hose pipes meet at one end of the room in which I can just pop out the hose plug and replace with a funnel to feed. When in full bloom it works out as 1 liter of feed through the hoses and 1 litre through the top of the pot every other day until harvest. The way I get the feed into the top of the pot is via a length of 25mm conduit with a bit of flexi pipe on the end and a funnel attached to the other end. I can just stretch this across my room in-between my plants to get to my pots.

It would be very easy for me to convert my system to include your system no problem at all. I even ordered the 13mm to 4mm straight end connectors from ebay last night with a view to do this. The only thing that is holding me back is the thought of a time clock not switching itself off after watering. I have 42 litre pots in which i use compost. my flexi pots have no holes in the bottom but do have 4 small holes drilled in about a 100mm up from the pot floor. (One in each quadrant around the circumference of the pot) This is a precaution because sometimes I forget which pots I have watered and I've designed them so that they can only take a certain amount of feed in one go.

For me a time clock not switching off (My experience even the digital one's do actually on occasions do this) would be devastating for me emptying out a 90 litre tank between twelve 42 litre pots. I know it's binding to knock up nutes every other day but is probably safer for me. Although I can see the logic and I'm still tempted. (Automated Soil !)

Again you've got a great system, Thanks for sharing

Dude that sounds complicated, in the 3yrs ive been using this technique ive only had the res empty into my growroom once, & that was when i first made it & never had a line feeding back to the res to let air in when the pump switches off. The digital timers ( you can get a 3pk in Argos ) are great, cant fault them, never had one fail on me & stay on to empty my res so i think youd be ok m8, just give it a try, its the total lazy way of growing if you ask me, all you have to do is fill the res & set your timers.

Cheers for popping in & posting m8

TS

Thanks Saint, I'm going to do it. I'll use two pumps in the reservoir, one to feed the canisters for the bottom feed and one to do the top feed through drippers. Simple.

Guest Kipper420

Thanks Saint, I'm going to do it. I'll use two pumps in the reservoir, one to feed the canisters for the bottom feed and one to do the top feed through drippers. Simple.

Hey EO I'm really looking forward to seeing this mate! I've heard of people growing in those big bucket things but never seen it so I'm very interested! All the best.

Hey EO I'm really looking forward to seeing this mate! I've heard of people growing in those big bucket things but never seen it so I'm very interested! All the best.

Thanks Kipper, I've got about another week for my cuttings to be ready so once there in the pots I'll post some pics upon completion of system.

Guest Kipper420

Thanks Kipper, I've got about another week for my cuttings to be ready so once there in the pots I'll post some pics upon completion of system.

A grow diary perhaps? lol

• 2 weeks later...

A grow diary perhaps? lol

I've started that now kipper, I've just uploaded some pics into my gallery which show the procedure I use to do my cuttings (Ice Cream Diary with automated soil as used by "The Saint") I've just potted them and I'm now in the process of combining @@TheSaint's system with my own. Once I've built this I'll post some pics showing completion of system

Guest Kipper420

I've started that now kipper, I've just uploaded some pics into my gallery which show the procedure I use to do my cuttings (Ice Cream Diary with automated soil as used by "The Saint") I've just potted them and I'm now in the process of combining @@TheSaint's system with my own. Once I've built this I'll post some pics showing completion of system

I'm on this as quick as my stoned hands can take me.

• Like 1

Hi @ and Hi @@TheSaint, Thought I'd just let you know that the system is built and I have attached the pictures and info in my Ice Cream Diary with automated soil as used by "The Saint"

Guest Kipper420

Hi @ and Hi @@TheSaint, Thought I'd just let you know that the system is built and I have attached the pictures and info in my Ice Cream Diary with automated soil as used by "The Saint"

Awesome mate! I really enjoyed it. Quite the time improvement as well I bet you're chuffed aha!

@@English Oak Have a look here mate this is how I did mine, in me current diary http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=332572&p=3769899

Edited by Kipper420
  • Like 1

Thanks mate I'm over the moon, I'm glad I came to this site, it's people like yourself and The Saint who make it worthwhile. In one month the quality of my grow system has increased tenfold. Happy with that.

• 2 weeks later...