DIY Auto-Watering & Drain to Waste System.

I was hoping you'd say you run a very low EC!! lol

Do your girls stay green till the chop?

Well lol sometimes they do but ive been experimenting with the PK13/14, because theres so many conflicting views on when to give them this, some say 3wk before finish, some say 3wk in when they start showing flowers so ive been doing a bit tinkering which has made things not so smooth recently maybe :yinyang:

sorry i took ages man, i got sidetracked and just noticed i was replying in a thread lol

Hey TheSaint, have you ever had salt build up issues ? I'm on my first coco run, just switched to flower and put my drippers on 5mins a day. Gettin a decent run off, feeding 4L per a day at e.c. 1.4. I'm on week 3 from Monday so might increase e.c. To 1.5 then 1.6 the week after. Also gona start using advanced nutrient big bud next week.

Anything I should be watching out for with my feeding?

My tanks res has 3 airstones and a mj500 constantly running, it's usually around 20degrees. I've stopped using liquid silicone since I've switched to 12/12.

Hey TheSaint, have you ever had salt build up issues ? I'm on my first coco run, just switched to flower and put my drippers on 5mins a day. Gettin a decent run off, feeding 4L per a day at e.c. 1.4. I'm on week 3 from Monday so might increase e.c. To 1.5 then 1.6 the week after. Also gona start using advanced nutrient big bud next week.

Anything I should be watching out for with my feeding?

My tanks res has 3 airstones and a mj500 constantly running, it's usually around 20degrees. I've stopped using liquid silicone since I've switched to 12/12.

Hey dude, no ive never had any problems with salt build up apart from on the floor but that was only because i was lazy and never got rid of any runoff, it evaporated which just left all the salt ect.

Everything your doing sounds good to me m8, i only ever use the liquid silicone now if my ph has dropped, i use it as a ph up. :skin_up:

Last question mate, how do you heat your groom?

6ft 270w tube heater which i used to have inside my tent, now ive got a new flower room the tube heater will be inside my 6inch intake duct

Also if temps are really low i hook my intake to a box which i put over a radiator

Yes m8 my intake is heated

Edited by TheSaint

• 2 months later...

iv been looking into doing somthing like this as iv spat my dummie out with Autopots after about 2 years :wallbash: this is me i think, were do you get a res like that from dude, what size is it?? iv got some of the bits already from the Autopots like pipe and pump, just need a decent res, the drippers and nipples really, looks like a really good simple system.

Leng :stoned::yinyang:

Hi dude, i got that res from the grow shop, 90ltrs it is.

I now use a 200ltr flexitank and have adjusted the length of the 13mm pipe so its longer, works a treat still :yinyang:

Ahh cheers for that dude, im only thinking of a 50 litre maybe myself, maybe use an old bin from the garage or something.

Leng :stoned::yinyang:

Cant be leave I haven't seen this before. Brilliant work my friend.

Quick question I already have a mj1000 from an automated feed I was going to do before but never got round to do it. Do you recon I could feed 40 plants off this pump in 20L pots?

Cant be leave I haven't seen this before. Brilliant work my friend.

Quick question I already have a mj1000 from an automated feed I was going to do before but never got round to do it. Do you recon I could feed 40 plants off this pump in 20L pots?

I wouldnt know m8, most ive done was 9 per pump :yinyang:

I fired it up today in a some water to see what power am working with, I think its going to okay may have to get a bigger one when there feeding more. But got a 400l flexi tank atm should be fine for a while. ATB

• 7 months later...

Another update lol

after looking at the start of my diary tonight ive noticed i used to run 9 lines per pump, or at one point i did, seems that was fine too lol

• 2 weeks later...