DIY Auto-Watering & Drain to Waste System.

To be fair mate those site pots are hideously too big for coco, where really a 6 - 10ltr pot is more than big enough for any size of plant you want to grow as long as you've got the irrigation set up for it or the time to water it. I'd only be feeding maybe once a day at most in those size pots, and I would do it in the middle of the cycle so 6 hours in.

The pump might do the job but it'll probably be running for ages until you get run off.

i have a maxijet 500 & a lumatek digital timer.

i was thinking to run the pump for 1 min 3 times a day? reason being i run a 12/12 9pm to 9am, i was thinking feeding

9pm for 1 min, 3am for 1 min, 9am for 1 min.

it depends how far are you,your stems seem strong enough,i go with that pump on 4x 15min but i have water to go back to the tank.try 2 x 15min and see how much run off you are getting there

:rofl::stoned: sorry i was looking at golden syrups set up

Edited by joba
  • Like 1

You should wait at least an hour after lights have come on before feeding them. Gives the plant a chance to wake up and open most of their under leaf stomata.

The beauty of The Saints feeding system is it simplicity. Most problems occur when it's tinkered with too much. Just try and keep it simple and it will work alot better. The only downside with this system is, once in flower, your job as 'chief gardener' becomes somewhat redundant!

Best dig out those P45s peeps!lol

Edited by reds
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

What timers are people using for their pumps?

I've fell out of love with my basic £5 digital timer, doesn't seem reliable enough (or I haven't programmed it correctly). I wouldn't mind spending a little on a new timer if it offered me better peace of mind......

@@dingo bingo

I use one of those Imperium plus timers from the grow shop, can do two pumps at once if you're so inclined, got a timer built in with a minutes or seconds dial on it. It does the job with no fucking about I quite like it, could be a bit better for the money the dial isn't the most accurate but if you go in for a couple of feeds with a timer on your phone or something it isn't that much of an issue - served me well too they don't break easy. You can get single ones that plug into a normal timer too that are about half the price.

What timers are people using for their pumps?

I've fell out of love with my basic £5 digital timer, doesn't seem reliable enough (or I haven't programmed it correctly). I wouldn't mind spending a little on a new timer if it offered me better peace of mind......

i am using those plug and grow timers (around £10)

they can easy operate 250w systems,would not use them on 600w however-on their own

Edited by joba

@@dingo bingo

I use one of those Imperium plus timers from the grow shop, can do two pumps at once if you're so inclined, got a timer built in with a minutes or seconds dial on it. It does the job with no fucking about I quite like it, could be a bit better for the money the dial isn't the most accurate but if you go in for a couple of feeds with a timer on your phone or something it isn't that much of an issue - served me well too they don't break easy. You can get single ones that plug into a normal timer too that are about half the price.

Wow that's a lot to spend! I seen something similar (hydroponic specific) but thought I won't need the accuracy down to seconds or multiple feeds per day - then again a grasslin timer with a 15 minute minimum is obviously no good - I'm hoping there's something in the middle somewhere.

I looked at timers in a gardening store but they all seem to connect directly to the hose and stop/start the flow of water instead of powering a pump on or off.......

i am using those plug and grow timers (around £10)

they can easy operate 250w systems,would not use them on 600w however-on their own

I'm talking about timers to power a pump mate not a light.

I used some old digital ones from Argos for ages mate, they did an OK job but after a couple of grows they kept either turning off or losing time which is why I ended up spending the money and getting a hydro specific one!

• Like 1

have used the these timers and generally found them good, but found a problem by pure chance I got a data logger to be able to follow my temps over day/week/whole grow after a week downloaded info to lap top found the temps were dropping by 2-3 degrees every day at same time 6.30 pm a time I am never in grow room did some checking and it was the timer switching off by itself replaced timer and it no longer happens pure chance I discovered that so just be aware

@@Golden Syrup in my noob days i used to use the argos digi timers for my lights

about 3 grows of hermies in i stayed in my grow room all night and the ballasts where firing up for a few seconds an hour lol

binned and got the heavy duty lumi timers

Edited by greenvigilante

Homebase sell 7 day digital timers which you can adjust by the minute. I use them for house lamps when we go on holiday, very easy to set up and reliable.

Should be perfect for a feeding pump :yep: