DIY Auto-Watering & Drain to Waste System.

@@amc98 I love stringy cheese. Can we see your roots now?

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I'm not growing anything right now, just keeping some genetics in tiny pots. If everything is ok, I hope I'll be able to show some plants (and roots) in some weeks.

Best vibes!

• 2 months later...

Just made one of these, utmost appreciation for this guide. Can't wait to stop carrying the best part of 30L of water up stairs every day!

Edited by BarryOG
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys thanks for such a helpful and informative thread!

ive used this to build my own automated watering system but am encountering some issues with water siphoning as when the pump turns off drippers are still dripping?

what am i doing wrong? ive ran the drip line back to res and taped above water level!

ive drawn a diagram to see how ive made it.

there where two spare nipples on the manifolds so ive just joined them with a small piece of 4mm line.

so what is the cause guys? thanks in advance! FSM

gallery_87408_10580_43225.jpg

I think I've found a solution. Rather than using a return line from the manifold I could create a small hole in the 13mm pipe at the top of the res (above the water line) then when the pump turns off it lets the air in and stops the siphoning. I think it's the loop configuration that's stopping the siphoning line from working

• Like 2

I think I've found a solution. Rather than using a return line from the manifold I could create a small hole in the 13mm pipe at the top of the res (above the water line) then when the pump turns off it lets the air in and stops the siphoning. I think it's the loop configuration that's stopping the siphoning line from working

You're absolutely on the money. I use a small 6mm nipple into the 16mm pipe and then run a few cm of 6mm pipe just at the top of my res for exactly the above reason.

• Like 1

That's exactly what I have mate, and works a treat.

I've also fitted a in-line filter, which helps no end. When I didn't have one I was forever having to unclog the drippers

Nice one booty I do need to sort that out at the very least put a filter sponge around the inlet of the maxi jet pump. Nice one bro

• Like 1

Nice one booty I do need to sort that out at the very least put a filter sponge around the inlet of the maxi jet pump. Nice one bro

Get both if you can mate, nutriculture are mega wankers for not including the sponge with the pumps anymore. Without the sponge you'll get a lot of shit building up around the internal mechanisms, and whatever doesn't get gunked up in the pump will gunk up around your filter instead and stop the flow of water.

I had nothing but problems until I got the sponge for the maxijets, I was having the clear the filter two, three times a week! Sponge on and I reckon I could go atleast 4 weeks without cleaning it - I do it just once a week when I change my res now.

• Like 1

Golden syrup where do you get the filter sponge from mate? I willbe following your advice for sure. Thanks dude!

Golden syrup where do you get the filter sponge from mate? I willbe following your advice for sure. Thanks dude!

Speak to your local growshop or online retailer (where ever you buy from) and ask them to get some in for you mate.

• 2 weeks later...

@Englishh Oak, 42ltr pots, jeez, what you growing, oak trees?🎄

Edited by YourDrooganLeader
  • Like 2