DIY Auto-Watering & Drain to Waste System.

@@reds

Hey m8, i used PM root stim in my res for the first time the other day, i wasnt keen on the colour it turned my res as the Rhizotonic never used to make it so brown looking. Im just gonna keep an eye on it & if theres any problems i'll be going back to the Rhizo.

Also dude, when you harvest your current crop, dont leave the feed lines sitting dormant, i put all mine in my res & still feed for 5mins everyday, helps to keep your lines clear until you put your next lot into flower ;)

@The Saint I know what you're saying on the Root Stim, but it is such a good product. Handwatering thru veg, like you do, it shouldn't be a problem. But the filter on the pump did get covered in some brown stuff. It smelled fine. A nice organic smell, IYKWIM, and I just squeezed it out. Down the sink tho as I wasnt sure whether to reintroduce it back to the rez. If youre just fluming your veg feeds in the rez for hand feeding and not using the feed lines, could you not just take the filter off? Ive bought H&G Drip Clean, which is a product which stops any build up on your equipment. I think Ill use it as well, when flushing the lines thru at the end like youve said. Nice little tip. Do you use anything with the water? H2o2 or very diluted bleach? Started using it yesterday for the first time. Well see how that goes.

Must say tho, between the coco, Granules and the PM Root Stim, Ive never had roots like these before. They are sick! In a good way! Big, thick and pure white. And plenty off them. Roots hitting the bottom in 3 days after every pot up, everytime. Do let us know how the comparison between Root Stim and Rhizo goes. Thatll be very interesting, as people rave about both.

I think I need to get my camera sorted. Get a diary going for the flower phase.

Nice one bruv, reds. :king:

E2a Squeeze another sentence in there. Because clearly I hadnt babbled enough already! lol

Edited by reds
  • Like 2

@@reds

Hey dude, no, i dont use any drip clear/bleach ect thru the lines, i just put them all back into the res with the blue drippers off the ends & still feed 5mins every day. After ive harvested my res is used for vegging the next lot, i usually just add my veg nutes and feed from the res by hand till they are big enough to be put under the 2 lights, then i set the drippers up & go from there.

I cleaned my res out properly in the bath only just last week, I'll be honest & say thats the first time its been properly cleaned since i got it lol must be at least a year, all ive been doing is topping it up when empty so alot of shit had built up in the bottom. Im just super unmotivated for this growing lark most of the time hence why i need the Automated setup to do the work for me :yahoo:

Im never gonna leave my res unclean like that again tho lol but its caused me no harm :lookaround:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Kipper420

Cheers for posting mate,

Think it deserves a wee bump as well

:yinyang:

This.

I'll throw a spanner in the works. I'm fancing giving multiple feeds per day in flower a go, I think I've got it worked out. 3 feeds per day, totally arounnd 2.5 - 3 litres per plant a day.

Can anyone chime in on multiple feeds? I'm pretty much hitting 20oz on a 600w give or take a few oz, so I'm skeptical really (moreso the reason for givin it a go) to see what the improvements might be - faster growth?

@ It would be an improvement on your current yield, you don't know how much til you try it in your environment.

Some of my pots in coco seem to go bone dry for a few hours before the next feed from mid flower onwards so multiple daily feeds help.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kipper420

@ It would be an improvement on your current yield, you don't know how much til you try it in your environment.

Some of my pots in coco seem to go bone dry for a few hours before the next feed from mid flower onwards so multiple daily feeds help.

I decided not to do it in the end, I just couldn't wrap my head around how much to feed. 2500ml across 3 feeds across the day, or 3 2500ml feeds so I thought fuck it my method has worked so far so why change it?!

I did make new drippers this time, ill try n get some pics but they're in use so ill describe it, its made of:

about 1.5 - 2M 16mm black pipe

3 16mm T piece

4 16mm - 6mm convertors (for the autopot0

1 inline filter

1 flow control tap

8 x 1.5m 6mm feed pipe

8 x green dripper heads (these are totally awesome)

1 x mj1000

Its circular, with the 4 16-6mm convertors spaced evenly around the edge, with the flow tap as well I've got the feed dialed to a perfection.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

hey saint and all the other guys in this thread!

ive followed this guide and have it working awesome saves me back breaking work every day but ive got a possible issue

i use a 220 litre flexitank and was wondering wot u guys use for circulation/airiation in your resouviours ?

ive got a MJ1000 water pump and 2 small air pumps with air stones wondering if im putting enough in? or if u could reccomend a air pump?

i tend to fnish the 220 litrs in about 6 days

hey saint and all the other guys in this thread!

ive followed this guide and have it working awesome saves me back breaking work every day but ive got a possible issue

i use a 220 litre flexitank and was wondering wot u guys use for circulation/airiation in your resouviours ?

ive got a MJ1000 water pump and 2 small air pumps with air stones wondering if im putting enough in? or if u could reccomend a air pump?

i tend to fnish the 220 litrs in about 6 days

Hey dude, glad to hear another convert to lazy growing lol. I also use a 220ltr flexitank.

Sounds like your putting enough in, i have 1 airstone, 1 circ pump (both on 24/7) and of course the MJ1000 which is on a timer and takes care of the feeds, that keeps my res fresh & it lasts 6-7 days easily

Hey dude, glad to hear another convert to lazy growing lol. I also use a 220ltr flexitank.

Sounds like your putting enough in, i have 1 airstone, 1 circ pump (both on 24/7) and of course the MJ1000 which is on a timer and takes care of the feeds, that keeps my res fresh & it lasts 6-7 days easily

excelent mate:) was worried i wasnt putting enough in or putting too much in lol

btw the guide u put up saved me a fecking fortune rather than buy dripper kits ect

big thanks to u saint:)

excelent mate:) was worried i wasnt putting enough in or putting too much in lol

btw the guide u put up saved me a fecking fortune rather than buy dripper kits ect

big thanks to u saint:)

No worries m8, glad to have been a help ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Very nice setup @@TheSaint, I used to grow in coco with this same system during many years, with excellent results. I started recirculating the nutrient solution, but found it was a lot cleaner if I didn't recirculate it. I used this system for my motherplants also, growth is spectacular. Root production is crazy, this is what I found from a motherplant that had been in the same container for some months...

gallery_87876_9514_107816.jpg

gallery_87876_9514_33072.jpg

Automated feeding for motherplants...

gallery_87876_9514_84158.jpg

Instead of raising the pots, I put a layer of clay pebbles and then place the pots on it. Of course, clay pebbles must be clean and pH-stabilised. Ooooooold setup... lol

gallery_87876_9514_80946.jpg

gallery_87876_9514_61135.jpg

Automated feeding rocks!! ;)

Best vibes!

Edited by amc98
  • Like 7

• 4 weeks later...