DIY Auto-Watering & Drain to Waste System.

yeh so now I reckon you need to upgrade the pump, I would also put in the anti siphon line even if you think you don't need it

Ok chap I'll look into it if need be. Maybe next time round I'll get it more even. I think the pump I got was the most powerful one the (online) shop did, the 1000 shouldn't struggle with just the 6 pots but I know it's all about numbers and measurements.

can't you put your rings in 6 pots and see whats going where?, cant you post some photos?, we need to solve this

I run 12 lines 4.5 meters in length off of a Maxi jet 1000. I'll be doing the irrigation feed ring this time round (about 3 weeks time) so I'll let you know how I get on.

sorry English what you using for the ends at the moment? its a 2 way adapter thing int it?, are all yours comin out at even rate?, maybe chester needs to increase his feed lines say 1 meter longer allround

can't you put your rings in 6 pots and see whats going where?, cant you post some photos?, we need to solve this

I'll have to sort it next time round mate. You know what it's like, can't go ripping out feed lines and stuff now. 5 weeks in and like a jungle, sweating and swearing to myself pulling shit apart to reconnect a bit later and test out again lol it's working of a sort for now which I'm happy with. I can do my best with pics probably next weekend when I update the diary. The pics won't do anything justice as I'm only on my phone and it's crap quality. I will say though that when they feed the rings get semi submerged in the coco as I haven't raised them. Maybe that has a part to play.

@@Chester Copperpot I have clay pebbles on the top of my pots, for a number of benefits. My feed rings will sit on top of the pebbles. That should sort it. Nice to know that tho, mate, about the ring sinking into the coco. Ill keep me eye on them. Cheers.

Do people reckon if I put less holes in some of the feed rings, that it will feed those pots at a lesser rate? Its just half my grow is in 7.5L pots and are 2 weeks older, and the rest are in 6L pots. Bad batch of seeds caused this to happen. Not me. Honest. I had to crack a 2nd batch 2 weeks later. I wont be buying regs seeds, or any seeds for that matter, from Bomb Seeds, thats for sure.

well if you have 4 holes in each ring and have one ring with 3 holes I reckon you will only get 3/4's of what the other pots are getting, don't quote me on that but it makes sense., good luck

• Like 1

@@BLOCKER

Hello mate This is what I have got:

Top Feed

As you can see that is two single lines coming off of the T pointing at the plant stem (Click onto the photo, then right click and select large to see better) You will also see little grey 4mm feed line supports holding the lines above the soil. When I use the feed ring I'll use 3 of those to support it off the top of the soil.
I have an even flow at all pots.
  • Like 1

@@English Oak Sorry if im being thick,, but are there holes in your tubing as well? And why arent the ends of the 4mm tubing opposite each other to give an even soaking from both sides?

E2a. Its just on my tablet the pic looks like a feeding ring with about a quater cut off and the feed allowed to just dribble out of the 2 ends, that are quite close to each other. Im after all the info atm, arent I? Cheers EO. Appreciate your input.

Nice one, reds. :yep:

Edited by reds

A feeding ring with about a quarter cut off and the feed allowed to just dribble out of the 2 ends, that are quite close to each other.

That's exactly what that was at that point in time. The plant was pretty small so that's all it needed then. As the plant got bigger I could pull or bend them further apart. Didn't dribble out either it ran out at a nice slow flow. Next time that will be a complete feed ring surrounding the plant with holes either side spaced evenly apart supported by 4mm feed line supports.

• Like 1

@@BLOCKER

As long as the holes are spaced evenly and at the same distance in the ring, also I'm going to get the ring as horizontal as I possibly can by levelling the 4mm feed line supports in the pots. So if the flow is a trickle out of the ring it will be an even trickle dripping the full circumference from the ring down onto the soil. If the ring was at a tilt I would assume the water / feed would all travel to the lowest point of the ring and just irrigate one portion of the pot. However it could be that because the holes drilled into the ring are at a smaller diameter of the 4mm feed line (Even though there's more holes) the chances are that the flow will come out with a bit more force anyway i.e a gentle squirt out of the feed ring holes, if that's the case then I may not have to worry about being precise in getting the feed ring exactly horizontal.

@@TheSaint @@English Oak A question that I need a quik answer to as im off to sort the system out now and dont have internet there.

Does the anti syphon feed tube that goes back to the rez, have to be the same length as all the other 4mm feed tubes? The main reason being, my lines are over 2m long and I might not have enough to do them all. So im trying to save some tubing. Plus, as my antler will be in the rez, it just makes sense to have it short, if I can.

Cheers guys, reds. :yep: