DIY Auto-Watering & Drain to Waste System.

@@TheSaint

thanks mate,

i used to use these 281-418-home.jpg before but im trying to go as cheap as i can on this soil grow as i plan on dumping the soil/drippers for hydro [aeroponics] once i find some mothers on this run.

As for the line from the main rig, does that need to be the same length with 2lph drippers? 869-868-home.jpg

I know English Oak said to cut them the same, but if the drippers only drip 2lph...surely it wont matter how long or short the lines are?

TBH its not too important as dripper line is only 60p a meter, but would be good to know if it does make a difference!

@@Dosti

Its just something ive always done m8, keeping the lines the same length, im not even sure if it makes a difference it just seemed the logical thing to do when i made it. The drippers i use are the blue fast flow ones, my pump comes on for 5mins, does its job then turns off, im not sure how it will work with those drippers m8

Edited by TheSaint

If the lines are of equal length, the pressure at the drippers will be the same mate. If one is shorter, the water pressure at the end of the shorter one will be higher than the longer one.

You can easily check for yourself. Run the pump with one line out, then a tee, with a short length on one side, longer on the other. You'll see that the jet out of the shorter one is stronger.

Hope this helps.

• Like 3

If the lines are of equal length, the pressure at the drippers will be the same mate. If one is shorter, the water pressure at the end of the shorter one will be higher than the longer one.

You can easily check for yourself. Run the pump with one line out, then a tee, with a short length on one side, longer on the other. You'll see that the jet out of the shorter one is stronger.

Hope this helps.

@@Dosti

what @@Sun Tzu says ^^^^^ lol

Edited by TheSaint

Guest Evil Mouse

I run 8 lines with a T on the ends with 2 of the blue drippers per line. Mj1000 pump.

It doesn't spurt out in a V but it works a treat. A nice slow trickle.

Nice one @@TheSaint for the tutorial ;)

• Like 1

Problem solved!

My feeding antler/manifold was below the res level, which resulted in water trickling through the lines to the drippers until the res level was below the manifold.

I discovered It didn't matter if the anti syphon line was above the res in that situation,

I raised the feed lines and have compacted my setup by adding some 13mm pipe and using an elbow. This has made my feed lines sit on the lid of my res, using the res lid as a drip tray in case any of the joins drip or leak. I cut a hole out of the lid to accommodate the pipe coming vertically from the pump which also allows any leakeges to drain straight back to the res.

Pics below

Important lesson, always keep your 4mm pipes above max res level!

photo 1 (2)

photo 2 (2)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

@@TheSaint

I can't see the pictures in the first thread, have you deleted them from your gallery?

@@madgiz any chance we could have this thread pinned please?

Hey T, no m8 ive not deleted them from my gallery dude, not sure why you cant see them ??

I can't see them either all I get is 'posted image' but it still links to the pic in your gallery.. :unsure:

E2a Sorted I had to take the med_ tag line out of the code.. :)

Edited by madgiz
  • Like 1

I can't see them either all I get is 'posted image' but it still links to the pic in your gallery.. :unsure:

E2a Sorted I had to take the med_ tag line out of the code.. :)

Ye ive been getting that for a while lol

Thanks for sorting it out & the pin @@madgiz :rockon:

Congrats on the pinned thread @@TheSaint I recommended your thread to a friend, good to know your spreading the knowledge mate

Edited by Tony Montana

• 2 weeks later...

Wicked thread im going to try this myself for when I go on holiday

Do you know if 13mm drip rings will work? Or does the feed lines have to be smaller?

Edited by cocomonkey