Kingslayer

@ROCKSTEADY6 I'm on the last of 5 kids man and you have my total sympathy.

Can I make a suggestion?

Why the hell don't you grow like this with multiple noodle pots the whole time?! They're the picture of health,nice even canopy,no yellowing and going to do you proud mate,well done. 

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, 2Fat2EatThat said:

@ROCKSTEADY6 I'm on the last of 5 kids man and you have my total sympathy.

Can I make a suggestion?

Why the hell don't you grow like this with multiple noodle pots the whole time?! They're the picture of health,nice even canopy,no yellowing and going to do you proud mate,well done. 

Cheers mate. 5 kids eh, that explains why you are as crazy as you are!!! That's a compliment btw. Funny you say about future in pots as I think I will do it but with 1L pots. Same set up. 

• Like 1

if and its definately an if ..if you have no issues now before going into flower then you will indeed have earned the kingdoms keys ..to flower these will be the easy bit as long as they dont dry out ..

i am again ...impressed ..

Apex Legends 9/10 GameSpot - System Wars - GameSpot

• Like 5

Alright there @ROCKSTEADY6

As the King has said all your hard work through the veg stage will pay off for the flower period.

Your heading for some kind of royal ceremony there, Bang tidy :hippy:

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

• Like 3

@ROCKSTEADY6 Another week of really impressive growth as we hit week 3 of bloom ;)

Have you thought about doing any defoliation to allow for a little deeper light penetration?

I think it would be beneficial but if you are doing it, now's the time just before they start to bud up ;)

Looking fantastic buddy  :cheers:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HSO-Mark said:

Have you thought about doing any defoliation to allow for a little deeper light penetration?

I think it would be beneficial but if you are doing it, now's the time just before they start to bud up ;)

Hi Mark. I hadn't planned it to be honest. I haven't done it before as I was always keen to leave the leaves there. I don't have issues with air flow due to how small the box is so think I will just stick to the current plan. If I ended up with a hermie I wouldn't be able to get it out and would lose all three plants. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

If I ended up with a hermie I wouldn't be able to get it out and would lose all three plants. 

I don’t think that will happen man, I think what Mark was getting at was removing the lower stuff, to allow the canopy and top buds to take all the growing power if that makes sense, it’s worth it in the end but its up to you mate, you could always have a go with one of the Ogkz and leave the other see which works out the best for you.

Take it easy. Jj :skin_up:

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Jibba jabba said:

you could always have a go with one of the Ogkz and leave the other see which works out the best for you.

Perfect suggestion Jibba Jabba. Thanks. I am probably a bit scared in doing it as still a virgin defoliator. I will have a crack at the one on the outside and leave the one in the middle. Blue Dream is going crazy and shooting for the stars. Do I take all leaves and stems off the lower parts or just leaves? 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

Do I take all leaves and stems off the lower parts or just leaves? 

Imagine a line across the plant and trim anything below. Where the line is depends on what stage of growth you’re at and grower preference. 

You’re about 2.5 weeks into flower aren’t you? So I’d say any shoot that hasn’t got past at least the bottom third wants trimming off, but my preference would be to go slightly higher to half way up.

perhaps trim bottom third and see what they looks like could be an idea?

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

Do I take all leaves and stems off the lower parts or just leaves? 

What you want to do is strip say one third ish from the bottom , so you still have a nice even canopy but remove the lower stuff,where the light is not penetrating or is just lower so out of the intense area of lighting,I am sure there is a name for it...  lollypoping ? Maybe that’s it, there is plenty of videos out there mate that explain it much better than I can, or have a search through the site you’ll find loads of info and more importantly pictures, don’t go too mad tho just have a look and see how you feel about it.

Jj :yinyang:

• Like 4

On 01/10/2019 at 9:20 PM, HSO-Mark said:

On 02/10/2019 at 11:01 AM, Jibba jabba said:

don’t go too mad tho just have a look and see how you feel about it.

Took both of your advice and got stuck in, tentatively. I will go again tonight. Still windmilling in looking for some action. I will post some plant pics when they finish their hair cut. Change of bulb time today. MH out and 2200k 150w HPS and 3000k 70w CMH in. Plants very close to both light fittings. I have been amateurishly supercropping the highest tops with varying success. Temps starting to drop during lights off so I have a heat mat on order. Think it is coming from the south pole though as delivery seems an eternity. 

giphy.gif

large.IMG_20191002_220524_compress52.jpglarge.IMG_20191003_085038_compress73.jpg

• Like 3

looks like a pile of cuttings you could have had there ..still a shave in the nethers never harmed anyone .

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

looks like a pile of cuttings you could have had there 

I would like to have a separate space but sadly I don't at the moment. The box is it for now so cuttings and all else went in the worm farm. Your reveg is looking the goods. How long do you do that for before flowering again? 

• Like 4

in this competition ..not long ..if it wasnt a comp i wouldnt do it this quick thats for sure ..

• Like 3

@ROCKSTEADY6I like a nice G12 CDM bulb, didn't realise that was what your using.

You've probably seen I use  multiple 35w digi control gear but also have 2 x 150w digi in back up if needed all using G12 fittings. Have you used them long? 

I've found adding a UVB bulb alongside gives an extra kick as most of the industrial lighting bulbs have UV block coating inside the glass. You can easily tuck a compact  low wattage UVB bulb in your space without any issue and time it to come on and off a few times during lights on. You can get small ones for reptiles etc for around £10 in all the usual places online.

It's cheap and I've seen a difference in overall health and flower quality when in use.

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 3