Russjackell

@murphyblue I woke up to another thunder storm warning for Monday too now, It hardly ever makes it way from the west to my side on the east sadly, me and my mum used love watching thunderstorms when i was kid but is a rare occurrence nowdays.

Edited by Military Grade
grammer
  • Like 3

U easterners should count urselves bloody lucky. lol lol

This season i dont think we have had 3 days of sun in a row at all.

Been mostly pissing it down every other day its been much worse than last year.

• Like 3
  • WOW 1
  • Haha 1

Worst summer in my memory anyway @murphyblue the bonus being I only had to cut my grass three times this year!  Still not sure what I'd rather tbf... lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 01/09/2024 at 15:41, murphyblue said:

U easterners should count urselves bloody lucky. lol lol

This season i dont think we have had 3 days of sun in a row at all.

Been mostly pissing it down every other day its been much worse than last year.

I'll second that. 

Been checking the humidity (south wales lattitude 51) & last 3 days it's been in the high 90's today it's been the lowest in a while. 

• Like 4

Been plagued with rain on / off for time ,  winds all but gone ...not ideal when the girls are wet & damp !

Expecting to lose the Purple Wreck as shes fragile as hell.

I cant control it ...so aint gonna sweat it 👍    What will be !

Just gotta roll with it , lift the pots up off the deck ,  

more regular checks ..more is betterer :yes:

• Like 8

Am starting to hate Summer, 71day of above 30c in a row, at coast 37c days and 30c night ,am getting old for this shit its exhausting

• Like 4

30ºC at night is not fun at all. I've experienced it, and without air conditioning it's very difficult to sleep. If there's high humidity too it can literally be lethal. 

Not much chance of that at this latitude mind you. Single figures at night coming soon if there's no cloud. Could the weather gods not organise it the other way round? Clear skies during the day, cloud and a smidgin of rain overnight? Pretty please with yellow ribbons?

• Like 5

Ye its lethal,cant rest even if your healthy ,mortality is through the roof. Its no fun unless your a kid,dragging water to plot 10years ago i cant imagine it today,was fun tho. And you cant do shit all day but wait for night,sea is nice but you cant be on the beach all day. Enjoy UK weather i say

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My wife comes from a country where summers are very hot. She loves the weather here, it's apparently pleasantly cool in summer, and not very cold in winter... :D The only negative is the wind, that cuts into your bones...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Will a heatwave hit the UK in September?

c37549a0-69dc-11ef-b974-31fba8d00e5b.jpg

You may have heard rumours of a rise in temperature as we head through early autumn.

Although there are hints of a slightly warmer than average September, there are no signs of any prolonged or extreme heat, and certainly no forecast of another record-breaking September heatwave like we saw last year.

The weather this week will continue to be fairly unsettled.

On Wednesday, some places will again see showers but they will be well scattered with warmer and brighter spells. A yellow rain warning has been issued by the Met Office for parts of southern England and south Wales for Wednesday night and Thursday.

Flash flooding could occur in places as up to 50-60mm of rain may fall in the heavier downpours, although not all areas will catch the showers.

Later in the week, it looks likely that the northern half of the UK will see higher pressure bringing a warmer, drier spell of weather. Further south, however, winds are likely to strengthen with further outbreaks of potentially heavy rain at times.

Temperatures are expected to creep up to a few degrees above the seasonal average as more humid air is blown our way from the near continent.

9425e760-6a98-11ef-b43e-6916dcba5cbf.jpg

Further into autumn

Into the second week of September, there are some indications from computer models that higher pressure is more likely, which would bring some spells of settled weather to the UK.

But cooler, wetter interludes are also possible at times, especially in the south. Temperature trends are for slightly warmer than average conditions but there are no signs of any prolonged or extreme heat.

From mid-month onwards, there are some signals from longer-range computer models that warmer conditions could develop as high pressure shifts into western Europe bring a warmer and calmer period of autumn weather to the UK.

Further ahead, there are no strong signals for a particular weather pattern to dominate, but the likelihood of a warmer and wetter than average autumn season is the most likely scenario.

Source: BBC Weather

• Like 2

Fucking BBC weather :wallbash:. They've said everything appart from bloody snow, no wonder they seem to get the predictions right they cover all the bloody angles 😳 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hot and dry no rain in almost three weeks and none forecasted would say my cornfield grow is over will see in a couple weeks 

• Like 4