Russjackell

I waited because of the cold spring then put all mine out in one go then had a series of near frosts when they were very young. Staggered plant outs only in the future for me. 

• Like 6

Mate I'm with u , fuck noes what's gonna happen just unlucky so far with weather bands but it will come through weather wise don't worry in a few weeks we're in double digits 

• Like 7

I need to go visit the plots asses the damage because they weren’t looking good last visit. Don’t know whether to pop more.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Skit Rat said:

Mate I'm with u , fuck noes what's gonna happen just unlucky so far with weather bands but it will come through weather wise don't worry in a few weeks we're in double digits 

Its fuking freezing dude, folk are putting the heating on and all sorts 😅🤣

Hopefully summer is just delayed and we get a nice dry September/octoberish too, best we can hope for I reckon brother 👍

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Skit Rat said:

Good to see someone else still has a little bit of faith a blazing summer is just around the corner 👍🤞

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hole in the clouds said:

I need to go visit the plots asses the damage because they weren’t looking good last visit. Don’t know whether to pop more.

Its a real tough call this season what to do..if you got em pop em brother, possibly the only way to fill jars this season is to take a hit

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Celtic voyager said:

It seems, if I'm reading the comments properly, that photos are the way to go, because of our weather, also for later plant outs.

Am I wrong??

Yea its no guaranteed escape from the doom

Just a way to buy more time in the hope of a window of better weather further on down the line 

im not planting anymore autos at this stage.. semi’s & photos with different triggering/ harvest windows and fingers crossed 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Revive said:

Hopefully summer is just delayed and we get a nice dry September/octoberish too, best we can hope for I reckon brother 👍

For it not to rain on my birthday would be a miracle I'd like to see lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Military Grade said:

For it not to rain on my birthday would be a miracle I'd like to see lol

:v: for you MG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Revive said:

..if you got em pop em brother

I agree

• Like 2

Guys if you can afford to lose the beans..... it would be wise to get everything you want started !        A little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing 👍            Last year was wet & windy and most still scored something , this years cold & windy ... you will score something.

You will only be angry you didnt try :yes:      

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Revive said:

With the way our summer is going theres no telling how things will go its that unpredictable so id advise to hedge your bets with autos , fast versions and photos..sure there will be losses but it maximises your chances of getting something across the line 👍

Exactly this. Hedge bets, make contingency plans, and lower expectations. 

Personally, after the spring we just had, and now this "summer", I'll be happy to get anything at all home and dry this season...

• Like 1

I remember when it used to be called global warming. That led to lots of folk saying "Oo, great, Bognor will be like the Med! We can have vineyards in Scotland!" and shit like that. So the scientists realised they had to come up with a better name to reflect what's going down. Climate change is more accurate. Problem is, it might get colder and wetter in summer, milder but stormier in winter. No snow drifts, but no blazing sun in summer either. We already have the old "four seasons in one day" thing but it'll likely get more unstable, more unpredictable...

Anyway, yeah weather just now is shit. So fucking dark with all the clouds!

• Like 4