There will be green.

BeardedBeardiae

Cheers folks, keeping my fingers crossed there isn't much germination going on, both CM's got the chop last night as the #2 was pushing out more nana's, and didn't want to push my luck. The #1 is looking good and ready and not a nana in sight(should have got a cutting of this one).

These pics are from yesterday Day 65

CM#1

large.cm1d65.jpg

Please excuse the socks.

I thought i had some pics of the #2 but must have got carried away with the SAD cos she is gorgeous. Smelly and un-demanding. Def needs abit longer.

large_sd65.jpglarge.sdd65.jpglarge.20190502_215028_HDR.jpg

Its like she is wearing a long dress of bud with just her ankles showing.

:wub:

• Like 6

Cheers @Serpent her buds were forming really well very short, compact and fat. Fingers crossed for the smoke.

2 hours ago, trichomehi said:

Light has penetrated well, she's a proper short compact plant. 

She would make a good sog plant @trichomehi and smells interesting to say the least.

• Like 2

looking at these on the computer instead of the tablet, huge amount more detail. I can really see the trichs in proper detail now, good job @BeardedBeardiae.....

• Like 1

You've got some very nice chunky buds there dude, top job :yep: Sorry to read about the nanas but they won't have caused you any probs at this stage.

Good luck with the dry and cure.

• Like 1

Cheers @trichomehi its hard not to get chopping but put the mh bulb in now to try and get a good look at the trichs, but still a bit longer methinks...

I think i paniced @jadenugs when the nanas came and possibly should have left the #2 a bit longer. They are drying with the leaves on in a dark room temps hovering around 19/20°

The SAD is still fattening up and the leaves are still fairly green considering how long she has been on plain water but i expect her to be done by the end if this week. 

Day 70

large.20190506_002325_HDR.jpglarge.20190506_002237_HDR.jpg

Will have a closer look at the trichs tonight.

Grow on.

• Like 5

Day 75 was the day i chopped the SAD. Still plenty of white pistils but also lots of cloudy trichs, couldn't definitely make out many amber but felt it was the time. Proper humming.

She is hanging with all her leaves on in an effort retard the drying but she aint much to look at so no pics this update.

The two CM's virtually all trimmed and dry in jars, being burped once a day at the mo. The smells are getting more and more interesting as they cure. 

Originally my plan at the end of this diary was to germinate an Indigo Berry Kush to put through with something else but i have a few plants that i really need to flower out to see if they are worth keeping as increasing plant numbers get me worried. 

• Like 3

Just a quick update as i managed to get a few pics while trimming and jarring up.

Both Cream Manderins are dry and in jars curing, and the SAD has had a preliminary trim and about to get put into paper bags.

CM #1

large.20190519_134150_HDR.jpglarge.20190519_134130_HDR.jpg

CM #2

large.20190519_134325_HDR.jpglarge.20190519_134335_HDR.jpg

SAD

large.20190519_133622_HDR.jpglarge.20190519_133642_HDR.jpglarge.20190519_133736_HDR.jpg

Smoke/vape report to follow when cured.

• Like 5

Aye all solid apart from some of the lower buds along the stem of the SAD.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Smoke Report Cream Mandarin F1 Fast

This was a very vigorous plant that was always ahead of the other one, it grew fast and tall with fairly large gaps between nodes. It was also the best yielder with 102g, despite being a bit yellow most of the way through flower. Still not sure why she went and stayed yellow but it didn't seem to do much to stop her doing her thing.

The weed has a interesting smell when ground up and this encourages you to get smoking quickly,  the smell translates to a smoke that i find oddly familiar with slightly bitter overtones which does relay an orangey taste but it doesn't dominate the flavour. I also keep getting hints of thai weed but smoother and less harsh. Overall a complex and unusual taste. 

As for effect, well, pretty damn strong. It doesn't muck about, it takes about 10 maybe 15 min before it creeps into your brain and says "you aint goin nowhere pal". No subtly about it, nice heavy body stone, perect for achy muscles and deep relaxation. Needless to say i try not to smoke this in the daytime much but perfect for evenings.

This has a great taste in the vape and find myself reaching for my vape rather than smoking papers when i get this weed out.large.cm1d48.jpg

CM #2

This was a much squatter plant from the start, shorter inernodes and fatter buds and stayed green all the way through without much need for nutes. She yielded 74g of bud that when ground up smells citrusy and floral with a definite orange note, its subtle but there. The orange comes through in the smoke without any bitter overtones but its not in your face orange, i do find it creamy and smooth initially then citrusy on the exhale. Overall very nice and of the two Manderins this is the one i prefer.

I found both Cm's to have a very similar high and potency, i couldn't tell the two apart on that front.

When vaped this plants orange hints dont quite come through and it is pleasant but gets harsh quicker than the other CM so find myself smoking this one more.large.cm2d48.jpg

Well done to all the participants if the comp but especially to those winners who have put out some amazing and very professional diaries.

• Like 3