Dinafem OG Kush

jadenugs

Yep top job on the OG mate and I can see why you can't wait to try her!! Cracking shots of the frosting at harvest were making me drool lol 

Apologies for not getting in here earlier but it's been mad with work for awhile, dam next weekend though :smokin:

Enjoy your fruits my friend! :oldtoker:

Edited by Fragg
  • Like 3

@Fragg Cheers mucker :)

No probs dude, been flat out busy myself, not even signed in this last week lol

I tried a small lower bud last night that got snipped off while I was trimming her, just left to dry on top of my veg cab and I'm very impressed with the early taster.

A very nice warm tingling envelope around my head and nice and clear even though I'd drank a few pints beforehand. So I reckon this is gonna be just up my street after the proper dry and cure. Then I will do a smoke report without the effects of alcohol :)

Bye the way, Nugella was layed out whitying on the bathroom floor after 5 or 6 draws but she doesn't smoke much lol

Hope you have a cracking time in the Dam with your family, enjoy my friend :yep:

• Like 3

@jadenugsYou made the right call mate :yep: 60 days was plenty of time for the og kush, yes some would have gone a few days more but imo you chopped at just the right time :)

Those pre harvest shots looked fantastic and once fully dry and cured you are going to have some fine end product that will hopefully see you through until your next grow is finished :)

Thank you for such a great grow and for all the added pictures very much appreciated!

I think I know your next dinafem strain which will grace your garden and it is a very exciting time coming :yep:

Great grow mate :) and a top diary :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

More than welcome mate and thanks for the kind words :)

Oh yes, the next one will be very exciting. Can't wait :smokin::cheers:

• Like 3

@jadenugs sounds like you are going to like her but the real test as you say is without booze too really but think you will be very happy after a cure :smokin:

Dam was out of this world good mate a superb time had by all the family. I'm trying to diary it before I forget it all and it was a blur at the time  :D

ATB dude :oldtoker:

• Like 3

@botanics thanks bud I have made a start and covered Saturday in the Sweet Seeds section, Sunday to follow! :yep:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

@styer556

Thanks mate. She's been curing a while now so I'll get a report up soon. Can't give a true one at the moment as I've been drinking the few times I've tried it. Very powerful though and I'd recommend for medi users.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Smoke Report

Well she's been curing for just over 4 months now so time for a smoke report on Dinafem's OG Kush.

large.59da2d08d328c_DSC_439711.jpg

Quick grow summary

Average vigour to start with, then took off once in her final pot and the roots had spread.
Topped and trained with LST which she responded to well, producing nice strong side branches.
Stakes were added in flower, only to spread the colas to allow better light penetration but I don't think she'd have needed support. She produced nice even tops but nothing big due to the amount of tops she was trained to produce. Firm dense nugs so I would recommend training for multiple smaller tops if you have issues with high humidity.
This was my first grow with an entry level LED and she yielded 51g of nice dense bud, the highest yielder of the plants I grew alongside her. So after reading her average yield from seed is around 2oz I was quite pleased with this yield. She would yield better with more light thrown at her and trained this way. Feedwise she was a hungry one, started on 0.5ml/L bloom in the first two weeks of stretch, this was raised gradually by half a ml each time to a max of 4ml/L.

The smoke

As the nugs have been curing and undisturbed for a while there isn't a strong smell from a single bud until the bud is disturbed.
Grinds up lovely and that's when the smell comes out. lemon, a bit fuelly and I'm sure I could smell a hint of pine in there.
Loaded the herb basket on the Vapexhale cloud evo 3/4 full and set the dial to 11 o clock, so that's just under half temperature. This setting worked fine for this strain cured for this length of time and produced some nice thick vape as far as vapour goes. Tasted lemony but nothing over the top, a nice subtle taste really, quite enjoyable.

Effect

She hits quick and she hits hard, straight to the forehead behind the eyes with a cerebral buzz of heightened senses and I can feel my shoulders relaxing almost as instantly as the head buzz comes on. My cheeks were numb after 10 minutes, a good sign of a powerful stone coming on. This head buzz lasts for over an hour, while the body buzz gets heavier turning into a relaxing stone where the tv sounds distant and spatial. This lasts for another hour. Good for music and for conversation. A right good buzz really and a long one so this wouldn't be a daytime smoke for me. I like to get things done first before relaxing with something as powerful as this lol So she's a party smoke and she's a medicinal one for relaxing muscles. I suffer with a stiff neck and this gear really does the job nicely on that one. So if you want a potent strong smoke then Dinafem OG kush is one to go for :)

Summary

That just about sums up this grow. I hope you've enjoyed the diary, pics and final report. I've tried to include as much information as possible throughout the diary for your pleasure and to help you decide whether to grow this fine specimen from Dinafem seeds. Everyone's tastes and perceptions are different, but if you do decide to grow this strain I really hope you have as much of an enjoyable experience as I have had, or more! :)

Many thanks for taking the time to read my diary.
Happy growing and keep it green :yep:

• Like 9

@jadenugsLove this format mate and by the sound of things she performed well in all aspects. With a 4 month cure she is going to be pure fire :)

Nice heady high, long lasting buzz and s good strain to share with friends  :bong:

Thank you for ending this thread is this manner mate :)

This must have taken some time to compile so thank you for taking the time to do this and end this thread I'm style :)

Enjoy that finely cured og kush  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3

Enjoyed this diary and a great finishing report mate :yep: and agree with you on the strength of this strain although I've only done their auto so far but I ran out recently and that just forced me to crack another straight away so now I've got one at 2 weeks that should be cured for Christmas time snoozes of an evening :oldtoker: I also have a bad neck/shoulder issue and found the body relax good on her which is something I look for in a strain. Loved the flavour of the OG too I must say :)

I've defaulted to 11 o'clock with 3/4 full bowls too with the Evo for best flavour hits, then rack it up to polish it off when its more popcorn favoured, should fill smaller bowls and polish it off in one go I guess but its too much of a ballache refilling little bowls when stoned :smokin:

ATB man enjoy your nugs :smoke:

• Like 2

@jadenugs

What a cracking report that was nugs, spot on mate and sold it.  She sounds a blinder after a good long think about things, all cosy in the jar... 4 months!  :eek:  ahh, I wish lol

Proper grow, proper diary and proper finish too, lovely mate :v:

• Like 4