Dinafem OG Kush

jadenugs

Fair play, Dinafem's Kushes are top notch for their quality and uniformity throughout the buds aye :notworthy: ...superb work in here Nugs as always is the case with your grows mate, you've done this strain proud and not long to go now  :v:

• Like 4

@botanics cheers mate, been lovely to grow and yeh nice uniform buds. She's doing well and looking tastier by the day :)

I'll give the first plain watering tomorrow.

@ananda Thanks a lot mate :)

All the best lads

• Like 5

Evening all

Time for an update on the OG Kush at day 56.

I took the pics on Wednesday night at 56 days and uploaded them yesterday but haven't had time to update until now so here it is :)

Since the last update I started flushing her with plain water and she had had one plain watering up until day 56. Since then she's had another watering last night. That will probably be the last watering if I'm going to harvest on Sunday at day 60. We'll see.

Temps have been steady at the usual 70 to 80f until yesterday when we had a really hot day and I forgot to turn up my extractor lol

The ambient temp in my attic was 94f and when I checked my tent the max was 93. So I upped my extractor to 60%. A bit slack really on my behalf not turning it up beforehand but she took it like a boss and still looks the same now :) The lamp is still at 16 inch from the tops.

On checking tonight after another hot day temps have been 77 to 84 and root temps 73 to 79 so bang on really :)

Humidity has been a little on the high side for this stage. Forgot the readings and I've reset tonight but it's hovering around 57% right now. No worries about budrot though with all the smaller even tops with the LST. If I'd grown a larger cola plant I'd be a bit worried with that humidity. All is good though.

You'll see from the pics that she's using up her stored nutes at a nice steady pace and not looking scabby.

The majority of trichs have turned milky now with not many clear left and there's a few amber appearing so 60 days is looking good.

Can't notice any change in aroma, she's been smelling like tropical fruit for a while now.

So here's some pics. First is an overhead shot

large.59273c48c1d58_OG56days.jpg

One from the front.

large.59273c4f29f88_OG56days.jpg1.jpg

And some budshots to finish off the update.

large.59273c55ba3d6_OG56days.jpg2.jpglarge.59273c5c40f0e_OG56days.jpg3.jpglarge.59273c634768c_OG56days.jpg4.jpglarge.59273c6a4d3b3_OG56days.jpg5.jpglarge.59273c71040a1_OG56days.jpg6.jpg

Well that's it til the harvest update so thanks for looking.

Happy growing and keep it green :)

• Like 13

@jadenugs

Looking rip, ready and in time for a bank holiday weekend chop :yep:

You have managed to maintain a great canopy mate which has resulted in multiple budsites which all look comparable to each other :)

Nice trichome coverage and by the sound of things she will have a nice balanced high once fully dry and cured :bong:

This has been a pleasure to follow along :) and thank you for the continued picture updates very much appreciated!

Until the next update which will more than likely be the pre harvest or post harvest shots :bong:

All the best 

Mark.

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed. Please use the @function
  • Like 5

Evening all :)

After much deliberation I decided to end the life of my OG Kush last night at 60 days flowering.

I bet it took me as long to decide on the deed as it took to actually trim her lol

16.5 weeks is a long time to be nurturing a plant, to then go and make a wrong decision at the last minute.

I normally overcook them as I've made wrong decisions in the past with sat doms and I don't like that raciness early chopped plants can bring on.

Anyway I decided to go by the recommended flowering time for once in my life after checking the trichomes and finding most of them cloudy, with a few clear and a few amber.

And @Dinafem-Mark was saying 60 days were good for a nice balanced high with this strain so that played a part in my decision too :)

Plus she was due a watering and I normally like to chop without too much water in the plant but was also thinking maybe give her a watering and leave a day, then harvest with plenty of water in her because it's hot up there and has been 94f one day this past week. Luckily though the weather has cooled down exactly at the right time for me to chop this plant so she doesn't dry too quickly.

So I got on with it :execute:

There were more tops on the plant than I realised, 29 in all and it took me an hour and a half to chop, pr-trim and final trim her buds.

Instead of my usual pics in front of the black tent I decided to open my veg cab door and utilise the light from my cfl, plus some of them were taken with the tent door open with the LED on. Not good for true colours when they're washed out in purple but I think they look pretty so I've added some.  I'm also trying different settings on my camera, might even be able to use the manual setting one day if I can get the lighting right lol All a part of the hobby  :)

So here's some pre harvest full plant and bud pics with different lighting

large.592c4deb82293_OG60days1rs.jpglarge.592c4e27b8ca7_OG60daysrs.jpglarge.592c4e4179ab1_OG60days2rs.jpglarge.592c4e7048b7c_OG60days4rs.jpglarge.592c4e7db483f_OG60days3rs.jpglarge.592c4ebe2e174_OG60days7rs.jpglarge.592c4ec793c2b_OG60days8rs.jpglarge.592c4f1158f5b_OG60days9rs.jpglarge.592c4ff58939d_OG60days10rs.jpglarge.592c5000301f0_OG60days11rs.jpglarge.592c500b941b2_OG60days12rs.jpglarge.592c5015a10ac_OG60days13rs.jpg

And a couple of post harvest. The buds are quite solid, even the lower small buds are quite firm so happy with that.

large.592c5024727e1_OG60days6rs.jpglarge.592c502ea9527_OG60days5rs.jpg

This plant has been a pleasure to grow but she's a hungry one and was taking 4ml/L bloom along with .5ml/L HE right up until the flush. The only stressful time I had with her was the hermie issue but that was quickly resolved and she stayed strong til the end. I only found about 10 seeds while trimming so that's a bonus because I was worried I'd find loads.

So that just about wraps this diary up, apart from the yield and smoke report after a dry and cure.

Thanks for watching.

Happy growing and keep it green :)

• Like 12

Oh yeah, mmm! :eek:  Man they look nice them buds...you've cooked them to a t Nugs :eat:  quality genetics and quality growing to show them off so well too, awesome work mate :v:

• Like 4

Yup, cooked perfectly give or take half an hour lol

Very nice grow mate. Got a couple on the go myself right now.

• Like 3

Dinafem genetics continue to shine in the garden of a good grower.

Lovely buds and pin sharp photos too.

• Like 3

Thanks peeps, was a pleasure to grow and photograph :) Now is the worse bit waiting for the dry and cure lol

• Like 4