Subbies pic thread

23 hours ago, stonerwizard said:

Has anyone else who’s grown the animal biscuits f2 had a mutant yet? I have one that’s growing 3 sets of leaves 

large.ED620DD5-99B5-40CA-A710-843BEB7ADA74.jpeg

Never had a plant grow like this before 

Wizard :oldtoker:

No mutants in my pack but i only had 1 female out the whole pack,  just hope she turns out nice.

• Like 2

Just now, green_machine said:

I think I probably got your females @mr rhino I only got a single male out of a whole pack :rofl:

That's what it is then mate:rofl:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bill cooper said:

Had it about a half a dozen times and definitely not desirable imo  binned every one of them.

What was the issue with them that made you bin them? Did they have other issues, stunting etc? Like I say I've never seen one but seen many reports of increased yields from trifoliate plants.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bill cooper said:

Had it about a half a dozen times and definitely not desirable imo  binned every one of them.

+ @NezA

:stoned: 

@twigs It's called whorled phyllotaxy.

If fem, in general colas are shorter and fatter yield a little lower than normal form, potency on par with normal, I did try fixing the type at one time and had no joy! Probably worth growing out if fem - Oldtimer1

large.A264F54F-E3C0-4534-807A-307EB93F2C3D.jpeglarge.35807793-BF2D-4C10-9827-539D6A398B5D.jpeg

:yinyang:

Edited by twigs
  • Like 11

@NezA

I had one main branch do it on my last grow, the cola didn't fill in as it does normally, and I'm pretty sure yield suffered a little bit for it, but it was fine otherwise. One main branch on the plant, the rest normal. Weird.

• Like 2

approaching week 2 with the London lemon haze x mac1 subbies

about to receive some bloom now, these have doubled in size since flip!

large.A5D23705-6227-4296-8186-0ECA1305D9EB.jpeg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, FigmentofFig said:

@twigswhorled phyllotaxy and trifoliate are different. Those seedlings are trifoliate. 

True, but they're the other way around!

Trifoliate simply means having three leaf blades per leaf, whereas three leaf stems protruding from main stem, instead of the usual two, is whorled phyllotaxy, which means "spiralled leaf arrangement" in simple terms.

A whorled canna plant will often grow out of its triple leaf arrangement upon maturity, and start sprouting stems in a more haphazard, spiralled fashion.

Trifoliate is an often misused term to describe this mutation, probably because most people know they'll mis spell whorled phyllotaxy, or don't want to come across as a smart arse!

Obviously that doesn't bother me. :wassnnme:

Weirdly, I almost have one of both in my mother drobe right now, a whorled tangie, and a TH Seeds HOG that only really likes growing three bladed leaves, though it does eventually start chucking out five bladed ones, albeit begrudingly.

Edited by audioaddict
  • Like 6

3 weeks old twirly whirly plant and no sign of true leaves coming, 3 cotyledons pray to light and relax at night. Not a particularly desirable trait imo, a mutation caused by stress during seed development sounds more like it 

large.Screenshot_20210528_125946.jpg   

• Like 3

For those that enquired here are a couple of pics of the HAZE X NL grown from the seed that i sent in to the subs, pictured at 80 days.

large.60b16191d42de_DSC00013(1).JPGlarge.DSC00022.JPG 

• Like 31

9 hours ago, hilbilly hifi said:

3 weeks old twirly whirly plant and no sign of true leaves coming, 3 cotyledons pray to light and relax at night. Not a particularly desirable trait imo, a mutation caused by stress during seed development sounds more like it 

large.Screenshot_20210528_125946.jpg   

I've seen this , but only with two cotyledons from some bag seed a few years ago