Subbies pic thread

13 minutes ago, MK11 said:

Imo them plants have had enough feed :smokin: organic or not

they look a tad overfed with nitrogen, but not too bad. being a organic nute grower myself, you want nice green plants up until weeks 7/ 8 of flower, then go to water only the last week to 10 days, and chop. :yinyang:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

they look a tad overfed with nitrogen, but not too bad. being a organic nute grower myself, you want nice green plants up until weeks 7/ 8 of flower, then go to water only the last week to 10 days, and chop. :yinyang:

Like i asked originally why is he feeding nitrogen\ grow now ?? And how long over flowering these are you planning.  ???

Edited by MK11

did think it a bit strange giving them high nitrogen in the last stretch of flower, you usually ease off mid late flower

tip burn but not to bad, I would just do water now with molasses or coconut water.. :stoned:  

Edited by twigs
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MK11 said:

Like i asked originally why is he feeding nitrogen\ grow now ?? And how long over flowering these are you planning.  ???

Some have got another 2 weeks.

going by OT1s advice of dropping the bloom and going low with the grow up until harvest.

Plain water seems to be a topic that most have there own view on in organics. Personally I’m with many on here that agree that plain water is a waste of time at the end as you can’t flush the nutes out.

the nute burn is from going a bit too high with the nutes earlier in the grow. Most of the plants right now are actually yellowing 

personally I find that using nutes till the end has no effect on taste or burn.

if I was still in coco then yes they would of been flushed about 10 days from the end.

cheers for looking in chaps

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MK11 said:

Imo ,they are done, they are called smile not sleep, but their your plants and your the boss...:smokin:.   

I prefer to go off the trics  most are still clear and it’s still chucking out white hairs. 

Not far off though this one I’d say maybe a week to 10 days.

Got 2 others, one was done at 7 weeks and the 6 footer is at least a fortnight off yet so from the 3 plants I’ve ended up with all ends of the spectrum which is understandable as these aren’t actually smiles.
Think I read a few pages back OT1 say your more likely to get plants resembling the parents than the actual original smile. Either way they look good I’m happy enough 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, K71 said:

I prefer to go off the trics  most are still clear and it’s still chucking out white hairs. 

Not far off though this one I’d say maybe a week to 10 days.

Got 2 others, one was done at 7 weeks and the 6 footer is at least a fortnight off yet so from the 3 plants I’ve ended up with all ends of the spectrum which is understandable as these aren’t actually smiles.
Think I read a few pages back OT1 say your more likely to get plants resembling the parents than the actual original smile. Either way they look good I’m happy enough 

Let's hope the f2' s I've just switched into flower are a bit more even than yours,in length of flowering time ,:smokin:

Just now, MK11 said:

Let's hope the f2' s I've just switched into flower are a bit more even than yours,in length of flowering time ,:smokin:

Sorry if I’ve come across as argumentative, that’s not the case.

they look a lot further along in the photos under the light than they do in the flesh.

Yes not a lot of uniformity between the plants but tbh I wasn’t really expect that.

as I said I’ve this one which seems to have the dense buds and goes about 9 weeks

ive got a more spindley pheno that was done at 7 weeks

and a 6 foot monster that looks like it’s never going to finish.

only thing they have in come really is the smell. All of them have a new leather couch smell is the best way to describe it 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, K71 said:

Sorry if I’ve come across as argumentative, that’s not the case.

they look a lot further along in the photos under the light than they do in the flesh.

Yes not a lot of uniformity between the plants but tbh I wasn’t really expect that.

as I said I’ve this one which seems to have the dense buds and goes about 9 weeks

ive got a more spindley pheno that was done at 7 weeks

and a 6 foot monster that looks like it’s never going to finish.

only thing they have in come really is the smell. All of them have a new leather couch smell is the best way to describe it 

The 5 I'm flowering are the most even looking seed plants ive seen,upto now .How did yours look at start of flowering ?

The original smile i did was similar ,like a gentleman's club\library\church.       Kinda aroma but the effects:smokin:

Let a man harvest when he's ready ffs.. lol

he's using grow to use up any excess pk In the plants  ready for cropping.

They look dee-lish, enjoy.

:yinyang:

• Like 10

Harvesting is a personal preference...,just like rowing methods :yes: 

I personally dont feed any grow/N after 2 weeks flowering where i switch to a bloom feed then stop 20 days before chop where its just water...this is of course if im bottle feeding...again my preference. 

Smile f2 looks awesome mate it really does...it reminds me of pictures that @oldtimer1 used to throw up of the Smile and oldtimes lines way back when...the purple hue im sure he had a genotype that this resembles...saying it was his fav and 5% of the lines will produce that and being exceptional plants... ( along them lines anyway lol) 

Happy harvesting 

Farmer G 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, MK11 said:

The 5 I'm flowering are the most even looking seed plants ive seen,upto now .How did yours look at start of flowering ?

The original smile i did was similar ,like a gentleman's club\library\church.       Kinda aroma but the effects:smokin:

Got pics in here of various stages

I ended up with 4 fems. Had one that was a monster. Huge buds at week 6 but it hermied. Noticed a nana at wk5, was hoping it was a one off but by week 6 it was to far gone to risk the others.

Had one in the early stages of veg when sexing  that had both balls and female bits so could of been the same or could of been the cold spell I had for a few days.

6 hours ago, FARMER G said:

Harvesting is a personal preference...,just like rowing methods :yes: 

I personally dont feed any grow/N after 2 weeks flowering where i switch to a bloom feed then stop 20 days before chop where its just water...this is of course if im bottle feeding...again my preference. 

Smile f2 looks awesome mate it really does...it reminds me of pictures that @oldtimer1 used to throw up of the Smile and oldtimes lines way back when...the purple hue im sure he had a genotype that this resembles...saying it was his fav and 5% of the lines will produce that and being exceptional plants... ( along them lines anyway lol) 

Happy harvesting 

Farmer G 

Hope it’s good but not great, I’ve given the half dozen cuttings I took to a mate:wallbash:

will get some proper pictures up of all 3 when the come down. Tents a yo-yo factory at the mo:)ment 

19 hours ago, HazyDaze said:

Let a man harvest when he's ready ffs.. lol

he's using grow to use up any excess pk In the plants  ready for cropping.

They look dee-lish, enjoy.

:yinyang:

What a load of shite,lol

There’s was a decent thread here 

what everyone agrees on is that everyone has their own way of doing things.

pretty similar to what I do in coco, taper the bloom, a week of grow then a few days of water. Obviously coco is slightly different in that the plants yellow rapidly once you cut the food

ive always been of the opinion that there’s no need for a plant to be yellowing for more than the last few days. My stuff always turns out ok

• Like 3