Subbies pic thread

12 hours ago, spirit animal - slug said:

2 nights with  2 different mates in the last week smoking the old times amnesia haze ( an up, high sativa % pheno )  and both times lots of laughing lots of chatting right to the end of the night rather than it gradually petering out in a fug of heavier strains,  not a hint of couchlock  or sleepiness,  both times the friends commented on how different it was to their usual smokes,  and how stoned they were,  i have been  through each different plant a couple of times now,  smoking each for a day,  there are definitely a more heavy smoke  to be found but the spacey airheady type ones are more prominent,  2/10 have indica type effects i think ,  really enjoying the smoke,  i'd recommend this strain to anyone wanting to try a sativa strain  

@Zepharock is flowering 5 girls for me right now. Taken cuts of them all....plus I got another pack of 10 to go through if they turn out to be worth it. What flavours and smells are you getting?

8 hours ago, SevernValleySavant said:

@Zepharock is flowering 5 girls for me right now. Taken cuts of them all....plus I got another pack of 10 to go through if they turn out to be worth it. What flavours and smells are you getting?

Just an update on how they are doing 

large.20190825_175018_compress98.jpglarge.20190825_175036_compress64.jpglarge.20190825_175013_compress47.jpglarge.20190825_175002_compress63.jpg

• Like 4

each plant seems to have a different smell,  it's not uniform across the phenos by any means,  some fruity smells peach banana,  artificial strawberry, custard apples,  just had one that is vanilla-y aniseedy skunky all mixed up, quite different to the fruity smelling ones,  there really is a nice variety of smells,  certain ones are very smelly out of the jar too,  if you leave the lid off a jar for 10 mins and come back to the room it fills the room, went to a pub up to the bar, short wait, then had to put my backpack outside with a mate while i ordered the beer as it was leaking out of the baggie and the rucksack and overpowering in the pub,  best kept confined and away from the general public 

for the last few weeks it's been the morning time smoke to get me up and at the world, motivated and ready for action,  and have had a few more seshes with mates who have all liked it lots ,  it's has cured nicely and is a primo smoke imho, good smell,  good complex high you feel stoned and spaced out  but want to do things 

in my top three of the last few years up with discobuiscuit and my bodhi blueberry hashplant,  some smokes are a bit one dimensional, all of these three are 3-d 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@Salty a couple of the ugorg#1 x Smelly Berry's .. ones lime and feint zippo lighter fluid and the other ones real strong lighter fluid on the rub... real great solid structure as well i feel. The lowers have branched out pretty nicely. cant wait to get these girls on it mate ..   I have 1 male that happens to have the strong lighter fluid smell but half the size of the tallest girl. Who knows, could make a lil selection myself to send back in for subbies ? ! large.20190912_203026_compress50.jpglarge.20190912_203009_compress61.jpglarge.20190912_202954_compress40.jpg

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...

Morning UK420.    I'm going to do a quick write up on the 4 subbie seed strains i grew last grow. I only have a few pics of them growing, no pictures of the cured nugs.  Sorry about that.

large.5d288b04c3b20_Webp.net-resizeimage(2).jpg

Here we have Malibu Pie #1 on day 53. She was the fussiest of the 4 strains but i got there in the end. She isn't the easiest to clone or feed but the end product is worth the agg. She goes for 9 weeks and yields dense stinking tropical nugs.

After a 8 week cure she smells and tastes like Tropical fruit juice mixed with a pack of haribo and a splash of lime juice in a blender.  I have mothered this one, she is special.

Thanks for the advice and making these beans @grotbags.

large.5d1ef802d5ed0_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).jpg

Here with have smile x smile #2.   Easy to grow and clone. She goes 10 weeks and stinks really badly when growing.  She made my mate almost sick from smelling her. After a cure the smell turns a little better but rotten mangoes isn't my thing at all.  I'm growing her for the last time this next run then she is getting retired.

large.5d1ef825df3e4_Webp.net-resizeimage(1).jpg

Here we have Psycho Animal Stomper #4.  She is dream to grow, clone and smoke ! WOW   I was blown away by everything this strain has to offer, the taste is grape ice cream and the high is a roller coaster ride.  Seriously dense smelly nugs. She yields very well and finishes is 9 weeks.

I have mothered her and currently have 5 cuts in vege. In january 2020 i will be growing this and only this for a while.   I want to dial her in and see what i can do. I'm really looking forward to see how she colours up in winter.  Massive thanks to @Vicfirth12 for the advice in growing these beans and taking the time/effort to make them.

large.5d04a3d5c6e59_Webp.net-resizeimage(2).jpg

Here we have B-line x Disco Biscuit x Blues #1 ( the tallest plant at the back )

She is easy to grow and clones really quick.  She stacks the cola from top to bottom with solid dense nugs. She went 9 weeks in flower. The smell was Disco when growing but after a cure that changed. I haven't tried B-line by itself but the cured weed i have left is really nice. I have to be careful as this would put an elephant on it's arse.

I haven't kept her due to space issues/plant numbers.      I do have 8 more beans left though.  Thanks @SkullDuggery for the advice and making these beans.

• Like 21

Got to say this is one of the best threads on UK420 :yep: Always top shelf pics

Not sure if this has been suggested before, and could be a hassle I suppose, but how about a subbie seeds strain guide?

Much like the site sponsors have for their strains.

@JoolzIt would not only promote the system, but also give us a convenient way to share any grow info on em... 

Just an idea :bangin:

Edited by zabz
  • Like 8

Just found this thread, I've got some Blackberry something crossed with MAC ? I'll have to do a diary and guess it would be good to start with sub-seeds :)

If at first you don't succeed, try UK420 sub-seeds!

Think I got 15 seeds of my choice plus 3 or 4 free ones.

Great thread. Shows that anyone can breed something up there with the £10 seeds on 'offer' all over.

In fact, I've seen accidental pollinations do just as good as the big boys in the seed world.

• Like 2