Subbies pic thread

Ok, an updated smoke report for my Strawberry Amnesia X Double Durban.

This one below is my favourite both for taste and effect. I described all three as very fruity and this one is the pick of the bunch for fruitiness. I just opened the jar and was hit by a strong earthiness with a vibrant green behind it. Naturally, the smell and flavour improve with age while curing and it took me some time to recognise the taste. I just gave a bud a squeeze and,  omfg, sweet heaven. It's a very complex smell with a certain fruit to the fore that most here would be unfamiliar with. Living in the middle of the rain forest in Rio de Janeiro, I was most blessed to be able to walk out of my back door and straight in the jungle and pick fresh jackfruit, a fruit that can grow up to 25 - 30 kg. I only discovered after I had already consumed many kilos of this delicious fruit that Wrigley's Juicy fruit is based on the jackfruit, so that should give you some indication of what it smells like, but this weed is not as sickly sweet smelling. Once you smell the jackfruit, there's strong high octane fumes that whoosh up the nostrils. It smells absolutely divine. Both these aroma characteristics come to the fore in the smoke as well.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/content/dam/news/2016/07/15/platejackfruit/01-jackfruit-plate.ngsversion.1468852730308.adapt.1900.1.jpg

large.P1020323.JPG

Sticking my nose into the jar results in a nice malty, hoppy smell that soothes the senses. This one  always had a funky asa foetida smell to it, but that has now changed after curing; it's still there in the back ground, but there is a strong and rich fruity smell, similar to the one above, but without being so in your face jackfruit and there is also high octane fumes. It does smoke any where near as nicely as the one above, lacking that strong fruity smoke and kinda grabs you right at the tip of the nostrils on the exhale. And I just had my first smoke of this in at least a month to review it here and I'm just gonna sample the next one as well.

large.P1020265.JPG

Interesting; I just stuck my nose into this next one and it made me think dairy with milk and grass. Now, that one is lovely! Again, there's the jackfruit there, but this one has a rich, ripe mango smell behind it and has just taken me back 30 years or so since I've smelt that particular dank mango smell. Inhale is interesting as it's very spicy in mouth feel and whoah, the exhale was totally unexpected - it was like breathing out a caramalised strawberry sauce!

large.P1020377.JPG

So, to finish off my subbie seeds and @Black Venusendorsement, although the jackfruit smell is common to all three, they each have their own individual aromas and flavours and definitely from three different plants, but each is lovely. I thoroughly recommend these subbie seeds to everyone; I love 'em!

• Like 12

Malibu Pie f2 by @GreenVision day 33 flowering (pheno #3)

large.5b87f54939cf0_Malibu3(1).JPGlarge.5b87f552c5692_Malibu3(10).JPGlarge.5b87f551d0580_Malibu3(9).JPG

She has a creamy sweet citrus fuel smell at the minute, I'll post more when they're nearer finishing. going to take them to 60 ish days. 

:yinyang:

I hit the sub button a few days ago but been mulling over what to go in for.... in my seed stash at the minute i have :

Fem - Amnesia lemon barneys farm
Fem -moby dick dinafem
Fem - black dog og humboldt
Fem - pineapple chunk barneys farm
Fem - cindy 99 g13
Fem - cbd lemon og
Fem - la sage thseeds
Fem - chemdog #4
Fem - blue dream cbd
Fem - skunk #1 sensi
Fem - green crack humboldt
Fem - critical 2.0 dinafem
Fem - deep cheese dinafem
Fem - sweet deep grapefruit. Dinafem x2
Fem - lemon pineapple 710 genetics x3

Reg - ugorg#1 x smelly berry x10
Reg - malibu pie f2 x10
Reg - killa skunk ugorg ×10
Reg - ssh x psycho sister x10
Reg - blues x chemmy jones x10
Reg - ot bx ugorg x10
Reg - tangie reserva privada x2
Reg- King mamba cali kush farms x3
Reg - White rhino nirvana x10
Reg - skunk x casey jones
Reg - skunk x haze

Trying to workout what would compliment what i have against what im lacking in my seed stash. At the minute and after @GreengoStarr top notch write up , im heading towards the SA x Dd

What you reckon ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sinbud said:

I hit the sub button a few days ago but been mulling over what to go in for.... in my seed stash at the minute i have :

Trying to workout what would compliment what i have against what im lacking in my seed stash. At the minute and after @GreengoStarr top notch write up , im heading towards the SA x Dd

What you reckon ?

As you see, they come very highly recommended :bong:

Furthermore, I germinated 4 and ended up with 3 females!

If you scroll back to an earlier post here, you'll notice that I originally had the SADDs as the cream of the crop until I sampled one of my own Female Seeds White Widow X Big Bud X HSO Chemdawg hacks that pipped them at the post.

I really must get my lazy arse into gear and send some seeds to Joolz!

Edited by GreengoStarr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Breezus said:

@Sinbud

Those SA x DD are being given free with every subs order currently, check out the Psychosis x Animal Stomper by @Vicfirth12

Are they really ?.... my man , they were the only other one i was looking at other than the bline cross

Malibu Pie f2 by @GreenVision this is pheno #1 

large.5b8ba6bb55442_Malibu1(8).JPG

large.5b8ba6b96305f_Malibu1(6).JPG

The smell is becoming creamy gas with a fruity background. This run is at day 35 when the pic was taken (sorry for the crap pics) 

Edited by Breezus

Lookin fantastic @TheBigyin mucker well done :yep:

Another week or ten days should see her cooked to perfection. If she smokes as good as she looks she's gonna be delicious.

Have ye chopped all the smellyberry f2s? I think ye said ye had the other day.

Again....well done big fella. You'll be showing me how to do it soon :unsure:

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 9:57 AM, Salty said:

Lookin fantastic @TheBigyin mucker well done :yep:

Another week or ten days should see her cooked to perfection. If she smokes as good as she looks she's gonna be delicious.

Have ye chopped all the smellyberry f2s? I think ye said ye had the other day.

Again....well done big fella. You'll be showing me how to do it soon :unsure:

Aye they're all down now mate. Looking forward to the Chocolate Diesel and the Super Silver Haze x Psychosister.

Not long now, say a week - 10 days til chop. Haha i would'nt say that too soon.. i'm sure i've got some fuck ups to go through

But thanks mate, appreciate it :skin_up:

Edited by TheBigyin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Salty said:

Aye,but it's all part of the learning curve brother

True that man, true that. I'm still aiming for perfection, so hopefully ill be paying attention more.. you'd think.. :smokin:

Hows your girls doing?, Good i hope. Has that seedling perked up yet?