Subbies pic thread

well some of my last lot of breeding is coming good..

heres a purpdog. at 6&1/2 weeks of 12-12, its gonna be a quick finisher

its dinafem Purps#1x black dO.G.

large.5.JPG

next up, gelatodog

its san bacio gelato x black DO.G.

large.6.JPGlarge.2.JPG

and below is  the OGK zkittles dog

og kush zkittles x guess?

ithink the last pic may be a gg4dog, which im sure you can figure out

large.1.JPGlarge.4.JPG

pretty happy with them.

• Like 35

I’ve just subscribed to this most awesome community ! I know absolutely naff all about genetics - I didn’t know zilch until Feb this year - so with the offer of some seeds I’m like errrrr - bit like grand national day - I just pick the one with nicest t shirt ! 
Are any available at the moment a real must have ? 
When collecting and preserving am I looking for something I like ? Or are there other things I should be looking at… I’m a little lost ! I’ve just bought seeds because I like the pictures and/or write up.. 

Any advice would be really helpful 

WR

pd

Ooer - just looking above YAY! 

Edited by Puffdiddy
Add
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Puffdiddy said:

I’ve just subscribed to this most awesome community ! I know absolutely naff all about genetics - I didn’t know zilch until Feb this year - so with the offer of some seeds I’m like errrrr - bit like grand national day - I just pick the one with nicest t shirt ! 
Are any available at the moment a real must have ? 
When collecting and preserving am I looking for something I like ? Or are there other things I should be looking at… I’m a little lost ! I’ve just bought seeds because I like the pictures and/or write up.. 

Any advice would be really helpful 

WR

pd

Ooer - just looking above YAY! 

For me, I do some googling and see if there's info out there on the strains involved. But usually the best info is right here. Unless it's very new to the list, there will usually be questions asked and answered in this thread or another :yep:  I knew nothing when I joined here and I still know close to nothing :D But enough to choose between something Indica leaning or a 14 week Sativa. I hope lol 

• Like 1

I had a little look around and have selected these to have a play with. 

Blueberry x Chem OG

Durban (Hazeman) x '88 G13 x HP (Hazeman)

Skunk X Widow

Purp Dog (M Black Dog x Purps#1 x Critical)

Jack Dog (M Black Dog x Blackjack)

UK Cheeses x Blue Digiberry

(Cheese x Blues) No 4 x Nonames

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Puffdiddy said:

I had a little look around and have selected these to have a play with. 

Blueberry x Chem OG

Durban (Hazeman) x '88 G13 x HP (Hazeman)

Skunk X Widow

Purp Dog (M Black Dog x Purps#1 x Critical)

Jack Dog (M Black Dog x Blackjack)

UK Cheeses x Blue Digiberry

(Cheese x Blues) No 4 x Nonames

Peeps - what’s the F1 F2 S1 stuff all about - not in the above list but in other convos - I’ve seen it mentioned here and heard it mentioned on a podcast I listen too but haven’t fully understood what it means - can someone fill me in or point me to a good resource please.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Puffdiddy said:

Peeps - what’s the F1 F2 S1 stuff all about - not in the above list but in other convos - I’ve seen it mentioned here and heard it mentioned on a podcast I listen too but haven’t fully understood what it means - can someone fill me in or point me to a good resource please.

Advancement of a cereal breed. - Page 7 - Breeding - UK420

• Like 5

@Puffdiddy there's a PDF file of a very good book available for download :thumsup:

It's called 

Marijuana Botany by R C Clarke

It's very easy to find :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Puffdiddy said:

Peeps - what’s the F1 F2 S1...

They're breeding terms that are short hand for how the seeds were produced.

An F1 is a new hybrid that came from crossing 2 unrelated lines. An F2 is the result of crossing 2 siblings from the F1 generation the number will continue to get higher for each successive generation.

An S1 a first generation "Selfed" progeny 

E2A: another one you might come across is Bx which is a backcross (taking the progeny back to one of it's parents to reinforce that parents traits)

Read up on Gregor Mendel. If you want to get your head around some of the basics.

Edited by NezA
  • Like 5

1x (UK Cheese x Blues) x Nonames

2x UK Cheese x Blue Digiberry

large.20220425_002655.jpg

The little one has a strange bit of side growth on the stem, at first I thought the seed had done a loop on the way up through the soil, but on further inspection the abnormal looking parts are slowly breaking off.

large.20220425_002757.jpg

• Like 9

@NezA

thanks man, very interesting stuff. 
how many seeds does a canna yield , and then would you just pop as many as you can to look for the things your after? I’d be worried the gem was in the pile I couldn’t do… that’s probably why I’ve got far to many growing than I can handle already lol 

love it though -

@badbillybob

all over that read thanks 

@Shumroom

ooooo yeah - perfect thank you - that name reminds me of an ancient tv add for the yellow pages - blast from the past 

• Like 2

On 25/04/2022 at 0:54 AM, Military Grade said:

1x (UK Cheese x Blues) x Nonames

2x UK Cheese x Blue Digiberry

large.20220425_002655.jpg

Just realised I got the names and number count the wrong way round. The one in the middle is 1x UK Cheese x Blue Digiberry, the 2 outta sides are 2x (UK Cheese x Blues) x NoNames. :doh:

I must have been too stoned when making that picture and post lol

• Like 9