Subbies pic thread

I can't compare to the original UK cheese tbh, I've never grown it and probably never smoked it. I don't live in the UK see, I've never even been there lol

That gal is deffo on the pineapple spectrum, I was watering them just there and stuck my pinky in her stinky again.

I certainly didn't go looking for that mutation specifically. But it's there and it's interesting and it's the first time I've seen it or even aware it's a thing.

• Like 3

i definetley didnt get any pineapple coming from any of the seeds i ran mate. i think i may look a little closer and pop a few more, 

the main thing is, that i hope you enjoy them

atb mate

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NezA said:

I used to think that was what it was called but it's Whorled Phyllotaxy

I don't think that's correct. I believe the whirled phylloyaxy is were the nodes grow 3 or 4 sets. Alternatively. Its what a lot of people call tryfoliate or quadfoliate plant's. 

• Like 1

Just now, NezA said:

I'll just leave this here:

OT1 is correct but the picture of this bud is not what he is describing in the C3 line. Look at the elongated flat top of the bud often seen in flat stemmed Mutations also. Their was a hobby breeder made a few lines with Phyllotaxy lines on line about 8yr ago. He managed to separate tryfoliate, quadfoliate and was working on a line with 5 nodes. I cant remember the terminology he used for this line but it was very interesting and he put a lot of time into his project. 

• Like 1

I always though whorled phyllotaxis was where the nodes grew from the stem in a whorled fashion, hence the name. They don't grow opposed to each other like bi, tri or quadfolites do. Each single node is a step up from the one below it, just like the steps of a spiral staircase. If you look down on the plant from above once it's developed it's structure it looks just like a spiral staircase. 

• Like 2

Foliage is leaves. The "foliate" in trifoliate refers to the leaves. Trifoliate describes a leaf with 3 leaflets. Quadfoliate describes a leaf with 4 leaflets.

"phyllotaxy is simply a botanical word for how leaves are arranged on the nodes or stems of a plant. Young cannabis plants usually start with opposite phyllotaxy which means two leaves sitting opposite each other on the same node. As cannabis plants reach sexual maturity, alternate phyllotaxy takes place of the previous arrangement - gradually; leaves still grow opposite each other but not at the same level or node. Sometimes, this normal arrangement is superseded by whorled phyllotaxy through genetic mutation."

• Like 4

Just now, brock1 said:

Look at the elongated flat top of the bud often seen in flat stemmed Mutations also.

It wasn't a response to the pictures of the fasciated bud. It was a response to @i11 about a response to another user who was describing whorled phyllotaxis :yep:

• Like 2

I was just reading up on it there and I stand corrected. I had something more akin to alternating nodes in my head. Every days a school day :v:

• Like 2

Happens to us all @i11 I was convinced that fasciation was polyploidism the other day I did some reading and although there seems to be some support for "polyploid" in the Canna realm "fasciation" seems to be the correct horticultural term from what I've read. 

We get all sorts wrong in the Canna world. I've said it before but "Hermaphrodite" and "Trichomes" are probably the 2 biggest ones. 

I myself am guilty of the occasional use of "Herm" and "Trich" I try to use the correct terminology but some habits are harder to break than others.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NezA said:

Foliage is leaves. The "foliate" in trifoliate refers to the leaves. Trifoliate describes a leaf with 3 leaflets. Quadfoliate describes a leaf with 4 leaflets.

"phyllotaxy is simply a botanical word for how leaves are arranged on the nodes or stems of a plant. Young cannabis plants usually start with opposite phyllotaxy which means two leaves sitting opposite each other on the same node. As cannabis plants reach sexual maturity, alternate phyllotaxy takes place of the previous arrangement - gradually; leaves still grow opposite each other but not at the same level or node. Sometimes, this normal arrangement is superseded by whorled phyllotaxy through genetic mutation."

That is correct but it as nothing to do with flat topped flower clusters which is linked but not the same thing. If you Google phylloyaxy flowers you will only find it in cannabis and I wonder why that is? Misinformation is rife in the cannabis community and most like myself are not botanists but hobby growers trying to learn as much as possible to improve in our hobby. I stand by what I have posted. This is not phylloyaxy as their is no cemetery to any node or flowers on these type buds even. Because of this Misinformation I ofter have to look into other plant species for the correct answers to simple thing's the cannabis community got wrong. I used to get called a mad man for calling fem Cross R1, R2 , ect only 2 or 3 years ago having to show were i sourced my information. Now cannabis breeder's are finally using it. I learned this stuff from botanist breeding cucumber ect because it was never used on any Cannabis forums from any breeder of cannabis. Even simple labels like P1 And P2 were not a thing when I started growing. So sorry to say but I can't call a flat stemmed bud phylloyaxy as it doesn't match any description of it other than on cannabis forums.

Edited by brock1

5 minutes ago, NezA said:

It wasn't a response to the pictures of the fasciated bud. It was a response to @i11 about a response to another user who was describing whorled phyllotaxis :yep:

Ho right i am with you now. I feel I should of shit my gob now :blushing:

Just now, NezA said:

Happens to us all @i11 I was convinced that fasciation was polyploidism the other day I did some reading and although there seems to be some support for "polyploid" in the Canna realm "fasciation" seems to be the correct horticultural term from what I've read. 

We get all sorts wrong in the Canna world. I've said it before but "Hermaphrodite" and "Trichomes" are probably the 2 biggest ones. 

I myself am guilty of the occasional use of "Herm" and "Trich" I try to use the correct terminology but some habits are harder to break than others.

I think I will got this wrong everytime. I alway call them trichcombes even though a plant filled with trichcombes would just look like a hairy plant :afro2: