Subbies pic thread

On 12/04/2022 at 11:17 PM, i11 said:

cxg132.jpg

Nice example of fasciation that.

Her apical meristem's gone bananas!

:yinyang:

• Like 5

The stem inside that cola must really look like a flat banana!

Looks lovely either way :george:

8 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Nice example of fasciation that.

Her apical meristem's gone bananas!

Yep, and the mutation is only on the apical meristem. I wonder if it would pass on to clones? I'll get the good camera out and get better photos soon.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, i11 said:

Yep, and the mutation is only on the apical meristem. I wonder if it would pass on to clones? I'll get the good camera out and get better photos soon.

i doubt it mate, ive run the mother to that plant for years and when  it  happens, its one branch on one plant, bare in mind there will be quite a lot of lead shoots in a sea of green

i top the plants so its not as though the mutation shows up in the main apical stem. the mutation just turns up every now and again, plants are healthy as healthy can be ,clones are stereliazed and inoculated religiously.

thats why i was leaning to there being more than one pair of levis lol

fasciation i dont know? what i do know

is theres some real plant enthusiasts here on this site with vast experience, all are pointing towards  fasciation

we all have our own beliefs and for now i will stick with mine weather right or wrong 

• Like 3

I had a plant like that the mainstem had triple nodes, I cloned the top and that carried it on but the branches grew normally and cloned normally.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 4kali said:

i doubt it mate, ive run the mother to that plant for years and when  it  happens, its one branch on one plant, bare in mind there will be quite a lot of lead shoots in a sea of green

i top the plants so its not as though the mutation shows up in the main apical stem. the mutation just turns up every now and again, plants are healthy as healthy can be ,clones are stereliazed and inoculated religiously.

is theres some real plant enthusiasts here on this site with vast experience, all are pointing towards  fasciation

we all have our own beliefs and for now i will stick with mine weather right or wrong 

We all have our own beliefs but mine is the only one that is correct :wassnnme: and that is correct for us all until we change our opinions.  If we all respect that the world would be a better place :thumsup:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, 4kali said:

Ah I'm getting my lingo wrong....she was topped in veg, so maybe I should say the lead/main shoot and not the apical meristem (which was chopped off). Does the subsequent auxin distribution not make the new dominant shoot the new apical meristem? I dunno I'm only learning here lol

I will say that she's a beautiful plant, different from her sister growing beside her and way different from the other 2 seeds I grew out last year (they were a beautiful tasty strong smoke btw). But this girl reeks of pineapple/lilt soda to my nose, is this a trait seen in the mother at all?

I don't know too much about all the Wrangler trousers mularchy, I just grow a few plants to smoke here and there :v:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, inceywinceyspider said:

I had a plant like that the mainstem had triple nodes, I cloned the top and that carried it on but the branches grew normally and cloned normally.

A trifoliate I believe? I've had a few of those in the past, good yeilders if I recall correctly

• Like 4

Just now, i11 said:

A trifoliate I believe? I've had a few of those in the past, good yeilders if I recall correctly

Not always the case. Sometimes its just a mutation that cases excessive growth hormones in the grow tips of certain arm/ arms were these mutations are being reproduced rather than across the whole plant. I remember a few year back some breeders over Spain making polyploids with auto's that done this also. I stopped following them as they done it just out of boardem it seemed. Its my understanding such plant are GMO in legality so its not something they could cash in on. 

• Like 2

Always see ppl go mad for for this kinda mutation, i cant stand it myself see, it's the same with them run away foxtailing kinda  buds too, cant stand those stacked thin  buds of fine  running  twig either, yet ppl go mad for it. 

Dont get it myself, defo not for me,  but to each their own.

• Like 5

@i11

hi mate hope your good

im no expert when it come to this stuff  im probobly like the majority of the masses, read a little on the subject, seen it in varying degrees over the years and put 2 and 2 together and  come up with 5 lol

regarding the smells that your getting from that seed plant, they are there, but in very small numbers, when i originally did a run with them before i sent them into the site i did find a few like that with  amazing smells and terps, beautiful in my opinion, as far as the nose goes. 

i was quite suprised that the majority of people who ran them here  on 420 were just reporting full on cheese phenos?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, i11 said:

A trifoliate I believe?

I used to think that was what it was called but it's Whorled Phyllotaxy

• Like 5

Just now, HazyDaze said:

Always see ppl go mad for for this kinda mutation, i cant stand it myself see, it's the same with them run away foxtailing kinda  buds too, cant stand those stacked thin  buds of fine  running  twig either, yet ppl go mad for it. 

Dont get it myself, defo not for me,  but to each their own.

have to agree, i personally dont like it myself, but if cloned then will it show the same  mutation if fasciation is behind it.

the mothers buds are just how me and thee like them, super swollen calaxes

so to speak, 

• Like 1

@NezA

hi mate hope your good, whilst you here

what did you get when you ran the single seed of it, be interested  inyour thoughts and as always honest opinion

• Like 1

Alright @4kali I was impressed with the one I had mate probably the most vigorous plant in the room and the biggest yielder as well. She's a great smoke as well. The few I have shared her with have all been impressed. I will definitely be rummaging through the rest at some point, the one I had was definitely on the skunk side of things a 50/50 or slightly more gelato leaning one would be absolutely killer I reckon.

• Like 2