Favourite strains or best performing strains of 2016

Exile420

Worth it for the taste and variety in the harvest though. Always nice to have a few gamblers along with the mainstays. Mine shocked me the first try - the kind of smoke that is so body hit it feels like your walking in the sea up to your chest being pushed around by the tide. Big silly smile and sofa a must.

• Like 1

i had a og kush in a polytunnel last year,it was a freebie from dinafem,wasn't expecting it to do so well, hardly any mould and seemed bug proof.chopped the last bits around the end of october.nice plant :)

Og Dry

• Like 5

Does look similar to the blimburn one. You rate the smoke @@stayup4ever ?

Dinafem OG Kush was my most potent photoperiod last season, it's worth saying, out of about 15 different strains I did. It's quite a harsh smoke though with a strong hashy taste, but also very potent. Definitely Indica dominant. A big spliff would put me in bed or on the sofa.

I harvested her on 2nd November with about 1-3% mould at the most. It was a good year though. Got to give it a 10/10 though, surely. Solid, mould proof strain.

gallery_99632_13489_146678.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_454441.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_272424.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_129614.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_286759.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_10210.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_366042.jpeg

A second, more sativa dominant OG Kush (late plant out) that I cut a few days later... 9/10 quality bud on that plant too.

gallery_99632_13977_109577.jpeg

• Like 8

@@English Archer did you notice any difference between the two as in smell/taste etc..growing the og again this year?

The big one was a pure Indica like Hindu Kush, really hashy tasting with a knockout stone... whereas the smaller, late plant out one that was more sativa dominant smelt and tasted more diesel/petrol like with a hint of lemons. The high was much more balanced as well with the smaller one, like 50:50 between 'stoned' and 'high'. Quite enjoyable. The bigger Indica dominant OG Kush was more like 90 : 10 Indica dominant. I reserve that shit for a Friday night pretty much, at the end of the working week, when I want to relax and forget about everything. It almost feels like a CBD strain. Pure knockout stone.

Both of my OG Kush's were freebies from Herbies. I won't be growing it again this year, just because I like to change things up and keep experimenting with other strains. I am going to be running other Dinafem stuff though. And I can't recommend the strain enough. Or the breeder. I would warn people though that both of mine ran into early November. If you're up north or if it's a bad end to the year, weather-wise, it could fuck things up. I guess most of us were quite lucky with the weather last year though.

Edited by English Archer

Not himalayas inaction,hindu kush,but yeah no salt up there,high altitude.

Excuse my geagraphical ignorance but is that not kinda in the himalayas?

Have you run any OG Kush @@inaction man ? Reason I ask is that I had one out last year - blimburn seeds version. She was on a plot with a few other strains - the skunk 47 and serious happiness on the same plot with near identical airflow, sunshine, prep, soil and weather both molded and a fair chunk of those were lost but the og kush finished with only about 2-3 % mold. It may have been a lucky pheno and I'm not right by the sea so maybe your salty air theory is right. A few folk on here have done quite well with OG kush last year. Got to be worth a hole or two ? It's strong and tasty too.

I have done OG kush freebies but can't remember the breeder, I've had loads of kush freebies over the years but had nowt but mould bother generally. I read your comment last night and went to check if theres anything kushy in my 2017 freebie lineup but happily not. I bought some white label purple bud for my kush crop attempt for next season... very kush genetics but no mention of the K word so might work :shutup:

Edited by inaction man

Yeah, seeing some of the beauties posted on here last year made me fancy a pack. I'm beaned out really but if attichoice do some amazeballs promo I might be tempted!

No mate,i have been to both,the top where you cross over the khunjerab pass into xinjiang has five mountain ranges meet,but each of those is a distinctive mountain range,the clues in the name kush,check any atlas,i have a couple sitting in front of me,the hindu kush in all of them is a clearly defined range named the hindu kush mountains,most of the original kush seeds collected by dutch like ben dronkers of sensi seeds were collected down on the border with afghan in the nwfp nowadays known as the khyber pakhtunwala,its 110% the hindu kush lol

• Like 2

I have been there mate,both ranges quite a few times.

Toward the middle near Afghanistan's capital city Kabul, they extend from 14,763 to 19,685 ft (4,500 to 6,000 m); in the west, they attain heights of 11,482 to 13,123 ft (3,500 to 4,000 m). The average altitude of the Hindu Kush mountain range stretches about 600 miles (966 km) laterally, and its median north-south measurement is about 149 miles (240 km).

Only about 373 miles (600 km) of the Hindu Kush system is called the Hindu Kush mountains. The rest of the system consists of numerous smaller ranges, including the Salang, Koh-e-Baba, Koh-e-Paghman, Spin Ghar, Sian Koh, Suleiman, Selseleh-e-band-e-Turkistan, and Koh-e-Khwaja Mohammad ... Three rivers flow from the Hindu Kush mountain range, namely the Helmand River, the Hari Rud, and the Kabul River that also provide water to major cities and regions of Afghanistan.

Mountain passes connect the Hindu Kush with other parts of Afghanistan:

• Like 2