Favourite strains or best performing strains of 2016

Exile420

Durban Poison x Forest dream, my accidental cross from last year. outstanding old school sativa smoke, one for the sativa lovers. In terms of yield and overall goodness Blue Widow really came out great and my Indica fan friends love it

• Like 1

Here's my take on the strains I grew for 2017

KK FV Had a couple of earlies and some lates. Keep looking thru the jars for this which needs to slow up or there will be none left. Real quality here. Easy to grow with no major mould problems.

Green Poison FV. Like this for the taste and stickieness although not as strong as the KK Again easy to grow, zero mould and at lat 51 romped home first week October.

Tangie Auto from Bill Burn

Suprise freebie seed

Grew as back yard plant. 15L pot and JI2. No feed or care and watered only when necessary.

Great taste and high for an auto. I was surprised. It really was citrus and Tangerine does come to mind when smoking it The 20 grams it yielded didn't last long. With better care it could have given more. Again easy to grow with no mould. Will get this again for the taste.

Red purps

Low yield , slow starters and some weird growth I wasn't all that gone on the strain while growing or during trimming. Now it's had a cure I am appreciating the taste and high more so. Would consider this again now I know what to expect and would do more but closer together.

Serious 6

Mmmm Not sure, not my favourite. It's OK. Sort of unbalanced head high. It's pretty bomb proof mould wise and can be very early, I think it's crying out to be hacked with something with potency. Mixed with a later flowering cheese ,widow or even AK47. I don't know, I'm just guessing as I'm no expert, it just needs something to give it some ooomph. Serious could even do it themselves with their other famous strains if they wanted to.

Purple Maroc

I'm going to be controversial and say wasted my time here. Nothing wrong with the plant. Performed well. I just don't like it and the jars remain pretty much untouched. Dull high. May try and dry sieve the lot using the bubble bags.

Will be looking at later plants for 2017, I think the early strains are your reward for GG ing and give you a smoke. The later ones give you the.stronger smoke with a better high. This is what I really look for, I like getting flustered and paranoid which I certainly don't get with the PM. I'm going to take a look at the Haze autos on offer if anybody has some recommendations to pass on.

Edited by Lea Valley
  • Like 6

Did a couple of amnesia haze autos from vision seeds. Both finished with a half oz each or so. One I call the cheesy pheno and the other the sweet pheno. Sweet pheno has the more soaring hazey high. Both loose bud structure but smell taste and high decent.

Danish pot surprised me this year from hfh, a very unusual flavour and incredible sparky high from the best pheno. Nice dense nugs too.

OG Kush from blimburn did well for my lat 54-55 finishing up 1st week November with hardly any mould and big dense buds that if someone hit you in the face with a branch it would hurt. The easy 2 if not 2 1/2 oz will become my top shelf indica stash.

Serious happiness is worth a mention, struggled a bit with mould and yield was a bit low at less than an oz but probably the most potent and balanced high with great appearance, smell and taste. My profile pic - 2-3 weeks before she was chopped.

Did a couple of amnesia haze autos from vision seeds. Both finished with a half oz each or so. On I call the cheesy pheno and the other the sweet pheno. Sweet pheno has the more soaring hazey high. Both loose bud structure but smell taste and high decent.

Danish pot surprised me this year from hfh, a very unusual flavour and incredible sparky high from the best pheno. Nice dense nugs too.

OG Kush from blimburn did well for my lat 54-55 finishing up 1st week November with hardly any mould and big dense buds that if someone hit you in the face with a branch it would hurt. The easy 2 if not 2 1/2 oz will become my top shelf indica stash.

Serious happiness is worth a mention, struggled a bit with mould and yield was a bit low at less than an oz but probably the most potent and balanced high with great appearance, smell and taste. My profile pic - 2-3 weeks before she was chopped.

Edited by Clean Green
  • Like 5

gallery_92525_12706_255471.jpeg

this was my best plant by far, most probably wild super07 from hybrids from hell. The slower later flowering phenotype. coming in around September 20th fantastic sweet smell, strong up high and looks the part too. wish they all come out like this, 4.5 oz of this plant no a spec of mould. I have some s1 seeds of this for a winter seed run.

• Like 12

I'll agree with Lea Valley on the Tangie Auto freebie. I too grew it in my garden, not a massive amount of bud, but lovely citrus smell and taste. Strong too!

Edited by Openairbud
  • Like 2

EPK - Early pink kush, some of the nicest smoke of the season, couple of different phenos still, but lovely taste/potency

Funkis EWS cross - strawberry pheno, absolutely stunning smoke, beautiful.

my own SF x EPK cross, one of the earliest, densest nugs, and a grapefruity type kushy taste to it.

pics in my gallery :)

wait were we meant to do top 3?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

as all kushes seem to be mould magnets down in my damp mossy corner of england.

Any other seaside farmers had any success with kush varieties?

I'm not seaside but make sure I've got a couple of dozen kush out every year because I've always found them to be the most mould resistant genetics available! I've got some horribly high humidity plots, I've even grown in swamp tubes in an actual swamp and the only things to come through unscathed are kush plants. Normally RP's Kandy Kush, last two years it's been a selection of blueberry kush's. Kushberry was my best performing strain of 2016 for quantity and quality. That said, I've yet to find a kush earlier than the second week of October so I don't rely on them!

Purple Maroc

I'm going to be controversial and say wasted my time here. Nothing wrong with the plant. Performed well. I just don't like it and the jars remain pretty much untouched. Dull high. May try and dry sieve the lot using the bubble bags.

You're not the only one! If it wasn't such a bullet proof yielder I wouldn't touch it at all. That said, I've got a couple of mates who love purple weed of any flavour so it's never wasted.

• Like 2

@@Briar Fox U wanna do a house swap for 2017?

I've come to avoiding anything with 'kush' in the name. I was holding out hope foe my kush x hfh accidental plant but that rotted itself down to not much more than half oz of harvestable bud. must be the salty air??? I guess up in the himalayas is possibly one of the least salty aired places around??

@@Briar Fox U wanna do a house swap for 2017?

I've come to avoiding anything with 'kush' in the name. I was holding out hope foe my kush x hfh accidental plant but that rotted itself down to not much more than half oz of harvestable bud. must be the salty air??? I guess up in the himalayas is possibly one of the least salty aired places around??

Not himalayas inaction,hindu kush,but yeah no salt up there,high altitude.

• Like 2

Have you run any OG Kush @@inaction man ? Reason I ask is that I had one out last year - blimburn seeds version. She was on a plot with a few other strains - the skunk 47 and serious happiness on the same plot with near identical airflow, sunshine, prep, soil and weather both molded and a fair chunk of those were lost but the og kush finished with only about 2-3 % mold. It may have been a lucky pheno and I'm not right by the sea so maybe your salty air theory is right. A few folk on here have done quite well with OG kush last year. Got to be worth a hole or two ? It's strong and tasty too.

Edited by Clean Green

Dinafem og Kush is very mould resistant I believe.

I can second that. It finished November 2nd for me though, so kind of late...

• Like 1