Favourite strains or best performing strains of 2016

Exile420

@@The Sinner your Frisan Ducks are finished? What lat are you? Mine have a week or so to go at a guess. No mould so far.

@@Key4 Uberowl really rated that Ammo X HP2 last year. I had the SSDHxHP2 but mostly males. They seem a bit more stable than some of the HFH pheno lottery? I nearly bought some for this year. Sounds like i should have ;)

Still too early to vote yet but late plots are thinning out now. GL

Got picks of the ssdh x hp2 I'm gunna run some next year

@@The Sinner your Frisan Ducks are finished? What lat are you? Mine have a week or so to go at a guess. No mould so far.

Have you got any pics of the Frisian Duck mate? It certainly looks like an interesting strain, appearance-wise, and I have seen a smoke report from Germany where the grower said the Frisian Duck was his strongest plant last year, both in potency & yield.

I'm probably going to do a Dutch Passion auto diary next season and chuck a few Frisian Duck's in there for Tony. How do you rate her so far?

@@Key4 Uberowl really rated that Ammo X HP2 last year. I had the SSDHxHP2 but mostly males. They seem a bit more stable than some of the HFH pheno lottery? I nearly bought some for this year. Sounds like i should have ;)

Still too early to vote yet but late plots are thinning out now. GL

Lat 50 mate they finished and chopped a few days ago thank Fook was worrying about the weather.

TS

^Thanks TS. Glad you got them in, mine are a bit too close too a hedge for this time of year....

@@English Archer Not chopped any yet, prob need a week more maybe 10 days+ at lat51. Both of mine are purple and not sure if the smoke will be good or not tbh. They smell nice now though.

oh sorry meant to say @@Exile420 about the SSSDHxHP2 some pics in my gallery from last year but i only ended up with 1 girl and i threw a handful of sop accross the root area that stuck on the main stem and it had rotted by my next visit. I didn't get any to finish so not much to see. I would like to try it again though.

Evil funk, or skunk ! Tough, fairly dense and good mould resistance . Thank you to the man that bred them.

• Like 2

My best performers starting with the best .... black jack fv .. helena gold ... sweet skunk fv and kk fv ... the blackjack really is some special smoke... not a trace of mold still got one left out that needs another week ... they smell like peppery/lemony dam haze and grow nice and fast.... really impressed with sweet seeds fast versions all the way next year

• Like 3

my pest performer was green poison fv allthough both my biggest plants had stem rot which i had to deal with. Red poison is prob has best taste so far and a nice buzz, killer kush were late plantouts but finished nice this year deffo recomend. Purple maroc is differnt for me this year kind of grows like easy sativa if only it had the taste of red purps but still with the nice bulky heads. Amnesia kush was very impressive allthough i grew it in my garden and tricked it to flower early the taste and look of these buds were second to none, i also see somone on this site grew it and had great success outdoors so yea amnesia kush one to try deffo!

• Like 1

As we just get two votes i will go with [1]Serious six (same as last year, easy to grow, good yield and pleasant smoke) and [2]Red Purps (killer smoke makes up for slightly more mould than the six. Slow starters but finished earlier for me at 51)

It would be a tough run race for 3rd place spot for me this year, with a couple of competitors still yet to finish...prob go all the way to the jars ;)

Cracking season, cheers all GLHF

Edited by Blunt_Wit

my first was killer as i said...

my second favourite was s.a.d.... thats NOT a recommendation... in the way of mould it was the most unstable strain i did this season... how ever... i have still managed to suply myself with a couple of ounces of awesome smoke! sticky fruity liquorice.. i fecking love it!...

not sure id grow it again... but then for what they cost... i might just bung some in the ground and hope for the best.. or even make them my garden plants next year...

so.... not best performing... no way... but favourite smoke/smell... yeah buddy!

to be fair ive not smoked anything yet but the killer and now s.a.d... still have alot of tasting to do.. but i can say now i dont think anything will top it..

so my fave for all round plant is killer...

and my fave smoke.. NOT great performing (for me). s.a.d...

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest sabishii

1. MAF - vigorous at germinating and very uniform plants. Light feeders in my opinion. Was a bit rough on the top-dressing and I thought that was that. Started blooming early to mid August. Even after the beating I gave them they still finished with few specs of mold, mostly on the only one harvested late September. All 5 done by first week of October, they seem like fast finishers. Most flavoursome strain for me lovely sweet toke and smelling of mango/overripe fruit. Strongest smoke '16. but it's kind of a dull stone. Mostly performance

GG#3 - my go to strain. Quite balanced high/stone definitely my kind of weed. Lemon, musk and pine when I work the buds a little. Also did a pack of DG this year and as long as I have GG I wont be buying those again. The majority of these would probably have finished mid October but I like them as they are really. Favorite no doubt

Edited by sabishii
  • Like 1

red purps was my main plot 2016 with a sprinkle of serious six .definetly do more six next year lovely terps and flavonoids the red pumps is a winner for lat 50

Across the ocean in central cannada 45thN

Photos

1 DP Think Fast - I had some stalk rot problems, but she held together and it is some of the most potent weed i have ever grown. Found about 8-10 small specks of mold. I am rating this plant so very high simply because of rediculous potency.

2 Fruity Chronic Juice by Delicious Seeds - awesome crystal production and weight is off the charts for only 8 hours tapering down to 6 by harvest...21oz dry? Hell yes! Smoke is fantastic, same as last year. Very minimal mold again.

3 DP Durban Poison - Fantastic yield and i absolutely love the fruity anise smell and taste. A crowd favorite for sure. Minimal mold

4 MOB X C99A HIghrise - Great colour crystal. Wish there was a bit more smell, but i would certainly like to give this strain a go again. Dealt with some mold in limited sun location.

And what i wouldnt grow again

1 Frisian Dew - Nice skunky taste and smell. Solid buzz but nothing spectacular all around.

2 Frisian Duck - Interesting appearance but low profile smell(though a nice lime scent), yield was by far the low of the season in my prime spot. I would try the auto duck though just for kicks.

3 Orange Hill Special - Fantastic smell, taste and potency(smoking some right now!!), but unfortunately she triggers into flower a little too late. If you can go into mid possibly late oct this could be a sweet strains. Only plant to get just a tiny speck of mold and she dealt with wet cold weather in the end including multiple frost days.

Autos i will do again next year

1 Brooklyn Sunrise - Friggin awesome. Not the best yield, but really fantastic smelling, tasting and a strong fun uphigh buzz. I like this pot so much that i dont want to smoke my last few buds because then i will be without!! How crazy is that. Only auto to get zero mold in 70% average RH throughout flower.

2 Auto ultimate - Dealt with some mold, but yielded a ton of bud from the ultimate and i really enjoy the grapefruit scent and the nice strong hybrid buzz.

Autos i would not do again outdoors:

1 Daiquiri Lime - Really nice all around(smell, potency, taste) but mold was a bugger to spot, and it was that inner core rot that is just brutal.