THE shed thread

Hashmaker6

@Bud Wiser

hi mate, the beans you had a pic of few pages back, saying they might hermie, whys that, where the seeds from a plant that hermied.

are the plants you showed grown from them seeds .

only asking cos I have about 200 seeds from a grow which hermied and I ain't thrown them , stuck between shall I and shan't I , to afraid to grow them but to afraid to throw them just incase they would grow tidy.

:-) 

@Bud Wiser

sorry, forgot to say nice shed, my first grow was in a shed but a small tent inside the shed and only one plant. 

Small tent and cfl's, haha, nothing as good as yours

Hi @Jack010 .. hermie'd seeds usually come from a female plant that's been subjected to excessive stress.

In my case, it was bagseed ... so I don't know how the original grower stressed the plant he/she was growing.

How the plant was stressed makes all the difference.

I grew out the seeds I had as a test-run on the shed ... I didn't want to get all motherly with beans I'd paid for and therefore lost focus on the job at hand .. to test the shed. :yep:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

JTR is a happy shed'er again after so long ... a quick recap gallery_99898_13682_61397.jpg 

this is where I left off last year .

large.IMG_865.jpg

insulated box is complete (100m kingspan)

removable panel for door .

large.IMG_867.jpg 

moving inside , I've got

1 x 600w hps

8"CF

TDSilent 500/150 

4"intake

1500kw fan heater (old danfoss thermostat of a cold room ) set to 25 (5diff)

Oscillating fan .

large.IMG_863.jpglarge.IMG_864.jpg

I've run the heater with the extract on & heater set , works a treat.

large.IMG_866.jpg

all sealed up . Done a 'darkness test' . 

I think I'm good to go . 

• Like 9

• 9 months later...
On 14/09/2016 at 10:23 PM, Bud Wiser said:

@@JTR

No need for a tent when it's finished dude.

I'll have a 6ft x 6ft x 6ft insulated wooden growing box instead.

The walls and ceiling will be lined with black industrial plastic sheeting (because I have some lying around!), then a layer of 70mm Celotex / Kingspan, and then a layer of Airtec Double Insulation (only £40 for a 1m x 25m roll from Screwfix). The Airtec's better than Mylar sheeting in my opinion ... it works out about the same price with the Screwfix deal (60% off), it's tougher, easier to use, and just as light-reflective, reduces condensation, plus it has the same thermal resistance properties as another 55mm of polystyrene sheeting!

The floor will get the remainder of the shed-felt and bitumen adhesive, this time with the mineral surface facing down. Another layer of plastic sheeting over the top, hopefully white if I can find some, should do the trick. The floor slopes down to the far left corner, so I'll probably put a sink plug-hole complete with plug in that corner, water run-off with airtight functionality!

All this will take time and money, so progress will be fairly slow for the next few months, watch this space!

Bud-in-a-Box :oldtoker:

I used a shower trap, it holds a water trap so seals from smells going out and stops the dreaded mites pilgrimage into your room :-D. Oh but if you do use a trap keep the top covered from lights or the water in it goes funky.....learnt that the hard way lol

• 3 months later...

Can we resurect this thread a moment? I need some advice...

I’ve got a 3m x 3m log cabin built. The logs are 34mm thick and the floor and roof have been insulated with 50mm Celotex. Consumer board/electrics about to be installed. 8 sockets.

A tent won’t fit (not enough height), I need to create a flower space. Should I build an internal box? Can I get away with using wood/ply instead of more celotex given that the thickness of the logs affords some insulation along with the floor/roof? I can’t really fix to the walls as the logs will expand/contract and move in the heat/cold. Any ideas? I’m stumped but it’s got to be ready by the 12th January lol 

• Like 1

@assault and battery get a thermometer in there as it is now and see what sort of temps your dealing with, if you use just plywood with no insulation for you box then the temps are gonna be the same as they are in the cabin now at lights out.

• Like 1

@Jstaff

good idea. 

I’m so bogged down in detail I couldn’t think of that myself.

I’m installing underfloor heating too so I’ll do what you suggest and work forward from there. 

Thank you 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, assault and battery said:

Can we resurect this thread a moment? I need some advice...

I’ve got a 3m x 3m log cabin built. The logs are 34mm thick and the floor and roof have been insulated with 50mm Celotex. Consumer board/electrics about to be installed. 8 sockets.

A tent won’t fit (not enough height), I need to create a flower space. Should I build an internal box? Can I get away with using wood/ply instead of more celotex given that the thickness of the logs affords some insulation along with the floor/roof? I can’t really fix to the walls as the logs will expand/contract and move in the heat/cold. Any ideas? I’m stumped but it’s got to be ready by the 12th January lol 

Heat will be your biggest issue ... even with LEDs. You'll be surprised.

Fuck the tent off .. not needed.

Vent from outside, not from the second chamber as I did .. hindsight, eh?

Just use white reflective PVC sheeting on the walls ..

You'll have to feel your way .. I used a load of thermostats and hygrometers until I found the right balance between venting time and heating the room .. you want to vent the Oxygen to bring in more Carbon Dioxide, but not exhale all that expensively-produced warmth. It's a balance .. you'll have to experiment. Good luck, and don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfect.

• Like 2