THE shed thread

Hashmaker6

lookin sweet there @@Bud Wiser... heating is a major issue though in shed grows , but I reckon your room should be ok ... I often think of a 2 skinned room and blowing the exhaust into the second skin for heat .... theres probably a practical reason no one has done it before , but theres so much heat blown out of the exhaust fan , seems crazy really when your sucking in cold air from one side and blowing hot out the other .... i dunno maybe reverse the flow or something ;)

• Like 2

@@zero

I dig the theory dude ... recycling heat makes sense. The only problem is moisture, the exhausted air's full of it.

Although I was actually pontificating about the issue today, over a big fat Jack Herer ..! How about a closed-exhaust system with air-conditioning and de-humidification plonked in the middle? ... I'm being serious.

She should be warm as toast when I've finished adding 50/70mm of Kingspan/Celotex and the Airtec insulation from Screwfix though .. a good builder-friend who's been advising me and lending me his tools exclaimed WTF! and proclaimed I could run a Turkish bathhouse inside without any heat-loss with all that insulation! I'm taking his word for it.

We'll see ...

Optimistic Bud :oldtoker:

• Like 3

Hi Bud Wiser, how are your injuries & head today? I hope your feeling somewhat better & please mind your head in future & that top rail. I wouldn't want to see the structure fall down if you banged it with your hammered head after all your hard work lol lol lol.

@@Bud Wiser

Great work yet again mate, got brains and the braun you have....what you're wanting is an intercooler/heat exchanger ;)

I have thought of similar and still working on the plans, but if say for instance you were to box enough of the exhaust duct in and alondside the inlet duct (boxed in together like), then an insulating material surrounding those ducts etc, well thermodynamics says that heat always moves to cool and thus, if the box is long enough in relation to the speed of airflow, in theory (losses will always come however as no system in the universe is 100 % efficient, due the second law of thermodynamics) the heat minis the losses due to efficiency will transfer to the inlet duct)

• Like 3

....what you're wanting is an intercooler/heat exchanger ;)

I have thought of similar and still working on the plans, but if say for instance you were to box enough of the exhaust duct in and alondside the inlet duct (boxed in together like), then an insulating material surrounding those ducts etc, well thermodynamics says that heat always moves to cool and thus, if the box is long enough in relation to the speed of airflow, in theory (losses will always come however as no system in the universe is 100 % efficient, due the second law of thermodynamics) the heat minis the losses due to efficiency will transfer to the inlet duct)

Thanks dude ... nice idea.

The problem with that would be the efficiency of the fans I'd think ... they'd have to be very powerful to move the air through such long sections of duct, costing more in power than you'd use just by heating the intake air up.

Worth further pondering tho' ...

Eco Bud :oldtoker:

• Like 1

Shifted from wood to plastic today as I'm sick of sawing and nailing ..!

Decided to temporarily install my CO2 delivery idea just to see how it looked and maybe get some feedback?

(It only took half an hour to install, and I'll have to take it down anyway to fit the insulation etc. ..)

I wanted to position it so I could cut a hole for the pipe in the partition wall top-section.

gallery_98779_13076_178748.jpg

The other reason I did it now was so I could photograph it for you ... when the reflective Airtec stuff's up and there's no natural light, the flash on the camera will white-out the image and you wouldn't be able to see a thing!

I won't be using CO2 for a while .. I'll need several grows under my belt first, and I want to see if the shed delivers as hoped.

If all goes to plan, then it'll be a piece of cake to set up as all I'll have to do is wheel up the gas bottle and connect both it and the controller to the piping system.

Bud Wiser :oldtoker:

Edited by Bud Wiser
  • Like 3

Still waiting very impatiently for my shed to be delivered!

I've persuaded the missus to clear out my old cupboard groom so I can temporarily use that whilst I throw this shed up ... Seeds came & I just can't wait any longer .

Never wanted a shed so much in my life ,

Looking good @@Bud Wiser

• Like 4

Is your shed due this week JTR. I would feel the same. I guess its a similare feeling you had as a child, can't wait for Xmas/Santa lol.

it is ,im hoping by friday .

• Like 1