THE shed thread

Hashmaker6

@@Tenchie

That's a clever idea that.

Wait until harvest time, then set fire to the shed ... crop, trim, dry and smoke all your weed in ten minutes! lol

(That's if the carbon monoxide doesn't kill you).

Handy idea if the plod are running up the garden path towards you, too.

Bud on Fire :oldtoker:

• Like 4

@@Bud Wiser may need to rethink the thread!! I'm going down the brick route. Sorry to let you old skool shed heads down

Hi haahmaker6, have you started your brick shed yet. Is this a new build or r u converting an exciting one?

• Like 1

Cheers Tenchie, will have a read of this later, 2mrw as I got a busy day ahead of me. I will have separation anxiety from not been on this site 2day lol lol. Have a gud day urself mate.

• Like 1

Hi haahmaker6, have you started your brick shed yet. Is this a new build or r u converting an exciting one?

It will be a new build and I'm estimating around £5k (I'm going for a double shed). Progress will therefore b slow...

Thanks botanic, I was going to leave a gap between stud & existing walls, cover with Celotex, Kingsland, seal joints, cover with thermo double layer insulation foil, then reflective sheeting.

My assumption is leaving the gap between stud & boards would be for air movement & insulation in its own right. Please feel free to correct me if my way of thinking is not right.

I believe I may have an opportunity to buy good quality seconds silver foil 50mm floor insulation boards. Do you think this would do for walls, ceiling & all? What does PIR stand for? Thanks man.

PIR - Polyisocyanurate .... It's a insulation board

Not that PIR @ botanics 😁

• Like 2

As I said before, shed delivery delayed till 27-29th

In the meantime I've been gathering my materials , 100mm kingspan as advised on here .

I've decided to put 2 courses of brick as my base & intend to vent into the void .

Got a 6" tdsilent 580m3/h joined to a 800m3/h 8"CF

2x 400w & 2x600w (plan to replace these to digi next time)

1.2x2.4x2 tent

Various size smaller fans for mixture of passive intakes & fan

Smscom 2fan controller (borrowed) not sure which to buy yet ! Any suggestions?

400w & 600w lights

CO2 dump fans (4" inline small) x2

Soil & bio bizz

I'm undecided as yet to what size my heater needs to be & what type ?

room plan

100mm kingspan box inside shed , with tent inside that ...

Seeds ordered ... Jack the Ripper (my personal fav ) & pineapple chunk .

Can anyone foresee any problems?

Cheers JTR

@@JTR

lol cheers mate I was in sparky mode and didn't think :doh:

all those lamps on a 6 inch fan :eek: You might want to re think that one mate, that's 2 KW of juice you're burning there man, the usual scenario is a 6 inch for one 600 ;)

• Like 2

@@JTR

lol cheers mate I was in sparky mode and didn't think :doh:

all those lamps on a 6 inch fan :eek: You might want to re think that one mate, that's 2 KW of juice you're burning there man, the usual scenario is a 6 inch for one 600 ;)

sorry m8 , thats the choice i have, wasgoing to start with 2x400 & the 6" fan ,down the line or to balance the heat through winter i could swap 1 for a 600

if the 6" fan turns out to be too small illmove that to intake & buy 8" for extract ....

dear doo this ,im already £1k in ...

• Like 1

Hi guys (and @Irishgirl) ... I've been busy with the wood again ..!

Managed to grab a few hours to myself today and built the frame for the doorway into the growroom.

It was quite tricky, the door frame had to be true, no twisting, and fit as snug to the two upright supports as possible with minimal gaps. I found this easier to achieve by building the door frame first, fitting it, then adding the top and bottom 'beams' afterwards so the only dimension that had to be accurate was the width of the frame:

gallery_98779_13076_153195.jpg

gallery_98779_13076_89221.jpg

You'll notice you have to step over a 15" 'lip' into the room ... this is for 3 reasons ...

1). the floor's uneven and therefore opening and closing the door would be troublesome,

2). I don't want odours leaking out, so the door has to 'fit' ... and,

3). CO2 'gathers' in the bottom 12" of the room because of it's density, so this is where most of the gas-containment needs to be at it's most efficient.

I really can't remember having had so much fun as doing this project, I go to bed with gas and wake up with wood ..! lol

Bud the Chippy :oldtoker:

Edited by Bud Wiser
  • Like 6

have you seen the co2 dump fan idea ? ideal for when your canopy covers most partof your room & struggles to mix the air .

sounds ideal for our small sheds ...i used 1 in my cupboard grow last year

• Like 1

It will be a new build and I'm estimating around £5k (I'm going for a double shed). Progress will therefore b slow...

@@Hashmaker6

And how does the missus feel about this? No more holidays to Mexico? lol

I think progress may be somewhat slower than slow ... lol

You'll be lucky with a single shed at this rate ...

I hope you get plenty of overtime.

Bud the Confidence-booster :oldtoker:

• Like 2

@@JTR

I haven't dude ... enlighten me, please?

Bud Intrigued :oldtoker:

Simply a small 4" inline fan , with ducting attached one end ...

The idea is to place the fan an inch or 2 off the floor picking up co2 that's sat on the floor , & dumping it over your plants .

I tied mine to a corner of my tent run duct up the leg & loop it over my lights ...

In theory it's a great idea , I've only used in a cupboard so I can't compare with like a side by side test .