No-till thread

muffintop

This is an awesome product you can make from ingredients found in your kitchen. It is a nutrient solution for plants just entering the flowering cycle. There is an overlapping activity of Phosporous and Potassium during flowering. In natural farming, we apply calphos before the flower initiation to support the eventual fruit. In simplistic terms, we use Phosphorous to address the root system, which will enable the plant to access better water and nutrients from the soil to support the critical changeover as manifested by flower initiation. We use Calcium to strengthen the plant in preparation for heavy flowers/fruits. Thus, natural farming emphasizes Phosphorus and Calcium during the changeover period from growing to flowering/fruiting, and this provides for that need.

How to Make

1. Collect a bunch of eggshells and wash to remove inside filaments. Remember, you can also use bones and other good sources of calcium like seashells, clams and oysters, etc. Likewise, if you only want calcium, even limestone can be used, or simple lime.
  2. Pan fry the eggshells. Fry until some are brown/black, some white. The burnt shells are your Calcium source while the white are the Phosphorus source.
  3. After roasting the eggshells, grind them up. You can do it manually, with a mortar and pestle, throw them in a blender or electric coffee grinder, etc.
  4. Add them to a jar and add 5 parts vinegar by volume. For example, if you have 1 cup ground shells, add 5 cups vinegar.
    • The acid in the vinegar helps digest them. You will notice bubbling as this process converts the ingredients to liquid calcium phosphate.
  5. Wait until tiny bubbles disappear
  6. Seal the jar and ferment for 20 days.
  7. Filter into another jar
  8. Now you’ve made your own Calcium Phosphate

How to Use

Mix 1tbsp per gallon

Plants

• spray on leaves during transition phase to flower, and when fruits are large and mature
    • Transition Phase: Induces flowering, eases nutrient demands of transition phase, strengthens flowers
    • Mature Fruit: Strengthens plant stems, leaves, fruits, helps fruit mature properly for optimum sweet flavor!

Animals:

• Feed to animals during breeding time and during pregnancy. Helps breeding efficacy and litter success rates. Woohoo!

got few more bits to ad today . im no rereading so if some this stuff is allready in here sorry

be lucky ;)

• Like 3

Grass Fertilizer

Grass Fertilizer is rich in nitrogen, oxygen and phosphorus. Caution: Be careful not to use grass treated with herbicides.

1. Fill a 5 gallon bucket 2/3 of the way full with fresh grass clippings.

Fill with water to a few inches below the top.

Let it sit and steep at room temperature for 3 days, making sure to stir it once a day.

Strain the liquid off.

Dilute the “tea” with equal parts water.

Fertilizer the soil or use with a foliar sprayer and spray the leaves.

• Like 2

Shit @@Ogami-itto, was it big one? never seen a snake in the uk ever, oh except a slow worm, i crapped my caks then aswell!

a baby - also found a whole load of eggs so there must have been loads or still are loads! Gave him to the kids the play with for the day then put him back....beautiful thing.

• Like 2

Fish Tank Water Fertilizer

Your used fish tank water contains nitrogen and other nutrients that plants require. Caution: Make sure that you remove all your little fish friends first. Do not use the contents from a saltwater tank.

1. Use the dirty (untreated) water from your fish tank to water your plants.
  2. Smile, knowing that you’re doing your part to return water to the earth.
4. Vinegar Fertilizer

The acetic acid in vinegar works great for acid-loving plants and can be used to replace houseplant fertilizer and rose plant food.

1. Combine the 1 tbs white vinegar and 1 gallon of water.
  2. Water your plants.
  3. Repeat about every three months.
5. Fireplace Ash Fertilizer

Fireplace ash fertilizer is a great source of potassium and calcium carbonate and will replace your need for lime (if needed). Caution: Do not use fireplace ash around acid-loving plants or if your soil is alkaline.

1. Place fireplace ash over your garden beds, and massage it into the soil Mix uniformly:

4 parts seed meal*

1/4 part ordinary agricultural lime, best finely ground

1/2 part agricultural lime (or 1/4 part gypsum)

1/2 part dolomitic lime

Add for best results:

1 part bone meal, rock phosphate or high-phosphate guano

1/2 to 1 part kelp meal (or 1 part basalt dust)

Applying the mix: Before planting each crop, or at least once a year (preferably in the spring), spread about a quart of fertilizer mix and 1/4 inch of finished compost evenly atop each 20 square feet of raised bed or planting row. Blend in fertilizer with a hoe or spade. This amount provides sufficient fertility for most garden vegetables. For higher-demand vegetables—asparagus, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cantaloupe/honeydew, cauliflower, celery, kohlrabi, leeks, spinach and turnips—sprinkle small amounts of fertilizer around the root zones every few weeks. Gardeners with very heavy clay soils should use about 50 percent more fertilizer.

*For a more sustainable, less expensive option, substitute chemical-free grass clippings for the seed meal, although clippings will not provoke the same strong growth response. Use about a ½ -inch layer of fresh clippings, chopped into the top 2 inches of soil with a hoe. Then spread an additional 1-inch layer as a surface mulch be lucky ;)

• Like 2

I use my pond water quite a bit, fish shit is the shit lol. During one of my first ever grows I foliated with vinegar and bicarb, burnt everything. Didnt realise you had to add water lol

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 3

i thought about that after i posted mate ,and honestly have no answer i was just really throwing it out for comments

sorry for the short Q/A bit jimbo i was rushing all over this morning with the fammily :stoned: when i saw your reply it was the first thing i thought too and was just going out the door.!

sorry dude didnt mean to sound short

i mentioned it also because i was thinking of that great vid you put up the other day about the dude making his own myhzi soil web and was thinking about adding oats into the

final pots and cover to see what happens.?

same with the willow water.. if its good give it ago all the time maybe.?

Salicylic acid actually looks good imo, do the cuttings root faster @@twigs? I know it activates the plant immune system, its known as ISR - Induced Systematic Resistance and rejuvenates plants, ,very good if you say wanted to reveg a plant I reckon. Probably all depends on the amount of it, I believe there are fertilizers out there containing it these days, also its the reason why Aspirin is known to help a plant. I would give it a go in veg, might be superb.

i 've yet to do it.. my mum knows people that have used it (non canna) on cuttings a long time ago but i have no other info apart from whats online/books :stoned:

i use willow steep most years ive never had any problems . i only use in veg for the root boost and to help keep the plants imune system up .

ive used it for cuts ,but on its own not the best . i rather use it as a tea to boost growth .

be lucky ;) .

cheers rusty trichomes :stoned:

• Like 1

sorry for the short Q/A bit jimbo i was rushing all over this morning with the fammily :stoned: when i saw your reply it was the first thing i thought too and was just going out the door.!

sorry dude didnt mean to sound short

no problem mate didn't think you sounded short

• Like 2

ill start adding this here to . its no till lots of hidden gems of info in these vids . the end of this vid he reads from a book called teaming with batiria

he dose read loads good stuff to keep us inform im well impressed with the whole outlook this farm has https://youtu.be/ieqcj14ifJI

be lucky ;)

Edited by rusty trichomes
  • Like 4

ill start adding this here to . its no till lots of hidden gems of info in these vids . the end of this vid he reads from a book called teaming with batiria

he dose read loads good stuff to keep us inform im well impressed with the whole outlook this farm has

https://youtu.be/FWOEXCFQrcU

be lucky ;)

Been watching this garden progress since the beginning . Watching how it comes along is pretty insirational. Hopefully one sunny day we can all grow like this. Thats what you call a multi strain grow eh ??!! None of the strains are being touchy either which just shows the power of no till. Gotta love the bg420

• Like 5

Anyone know where i can get worm casting on the high street ???

Bless

Ebay is the place I get them, delivered to your door :yep: maybe farms shops or somewhere like that, Wynnstay or small independent garden shops.

• Like 2

I've only found them at hydro shops so far. None of the garden centres I've been to seem to stock them

• Like 1

Bless

apparently some bait/tackle shops sell them mate ,google worm castings and you local town it might turn up somewhere local

• Like 2

I wonder if maggot castings would have any benefit? the bait shop got me wondering @@Jimboo

Edited by nudger36