No-till thread

muffintop

out of interest have people made their own tea brewers or bought ready-made?

no mate im only small time grower aquarium pump,airstone and a bucket does me, aquarium pump, airstone and a bucket on a heat mat in the winter

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 3

Seen. OK the guy on Microbe Organics said aquarium pumps dont do a good job - was checking.

Is the stir in a bucket method no good?

We have aquarium local so will pop in and check it out in few days.

My mind is totally consumed with bacteria, worms, teas and compost atm. Driving my family mad! Went through an old compost pile today - found about a good 10-12 inches of amazingly rich compost which is going to be perfect!

• Like 1

someone said something about taking the air stone off the pump tube the other day.. somewhere

I'm sure i read that somewhere..

• Like 1

@@Ogami-itto Ditto! Just made my first batch of tea from some well matured home made compost, worm casts and a bit of fbb and chicken manure and it's all frothy and lovely. Used an airspace to about 20 litres. Also in the process of making sprouted seed tea for seedlings

• Like 5

nice one fella i was only talking about this in the random the other day . ive been getting in to this no till idea .

not all of the no till would fit my grow style but . you dont have to do a full no till . is the beuty of it great thread ill pul up a pew . ive been useing willow steep from ne grow of weeping willow for growth hormones and root stim for years . it works quite well . ive even used it as stand alone clone juice and got roots .

be lucky ;)

Edited by rusty trichomes
  • Like 3

out of interest have people made their own tea brewers or bought ready-made?

i use a bucket airstone and a pair of tights cheap and easy to use

• Like 3

Yep, same kit here, cost £12 for airstone and bubbler and that's about it. Feed it with molasses and powdered glucose, I put some superthrive charge in it yesterday which seems to have sent it absolutely nuts, it's now frothing all over the place!

• Like 3

Does anyone make EM1/BAM probiotic just with rice and water? works wonders on the roots great as a foliar. You can store in the fridge then just activate with molasses.

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 3

http://www.hawaiihealingtree.org/how-to-make-your-own-em-1-inoculant-and-bokashi/

Its great stuff, lactobacillus.

Hope this helps, I swear by the stuff :) ,my roots exploded and I mean proper exploded, theres some walk throughs on youtube as well, EM1 is sold as a product, quite expensive I think but this is a great alternative. I think it means Effective Micro organisms :oldtoker: ive got some in the fridge now, drop a bit in with molasses, alfalfa, bat guano, whatever you want really and bubble for a few hours, proper frothy like Essence, good for plant protection when foliated and very effective against PM as a preventative, due to the milk element I think. You can take it further and get into Bokashi but I just use the EM1 Serum as a stand alone. I originally purchased some Biochar, the guy I got it off said it had been inoculated with Lactobacillus, thats how I came across it.

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 3

@@nudger36 Interesting what you say about roots, hadn't read that before . See Lactobacillus Serum On Carandangs site http://theunconventionalfarmer.com/ for good overview as well.

I don't bother with splitting it one to one with sugar anymore as per Carandang. If you keep in fridge not needed. 1litre of milk will last you ages and it's a piss of piss to make. Sorted my dogs guts out as well. I keep having A dab just in case. Cheaper than Yakult!

I add it to my foliar feeds to inoculant. Keeping ,wanting to make some bokashi but haven't got round to it yet. Was good sprayed n worm bin when it got a bit whiffing. Basically it's like you own germ warfare going on with an army of good guys!

Aid Organic Fertilizer:

Add 1-2tbsp per gallon water-nutrient solution. Lacto consumes organic nutrients making them bio-available to plant roots.

Plants dont use organic fertilizer! Microbes break it down to inorganic constituents, and plants take those up. This product makes that process more efficient.