No-till thread

muffintop

@nudger36 The "filter killer" puts me off growing cheese strains, even though I have everything dialled in and more than sufficient extraction. That cheese smell gets through anything.

Edited by muffintop
  • Like 3

Fairplay mate @muffintop.  i have to doc 3 three grows to show what can be achieved in conservation agriculture the proof is in the pudding when i achieve this next run in the same soil. No buying more soil or EWC:guitar:

still miffed as to why this type of growing isn't more popular:headpain:Joshua Steensland is documenting his no-till grows on youtube

Edited by Percygrower_420
  • Like 4

Livers is a bit more fruity than cheese I found, both old school skunk none the less, just need to make sure the filter is up to the task. I find a lot of the time people exaggerate just to pump up how good their grow was really, I grew the Exo Cheese clone mate and it is definitely manageable. 

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 2

Been slack on my IPM this grow....thrips took advantage. Plants looking a bit battered..but not any worse since  a few doses of neem oil . Anyway, had a look in the notill pot and seen an explosion of these little fellas Amblyseius predatory bugs I believe, hopefully munching there way through any thrip babies. Fuck chemicals. 

..whats in your soil?!

large.IMG_1037.JPG

Edited by bobnudd
  • Like 6

• 3 months later...

Just an update on mephistos sour bubbly, she surpassed hubbabubbasmelloscope in every area, a frosty covered, superb tasting, heavy yielding masterpiece, which will be cured just in time for xmas. I really wont grow anything from another breeder now unless they can perform like mephisto genetics, when grown in no-till they just thrive.

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, muffintop said:

Just an update on mephistos sour bubbly, she surpassed hubbabubbasmelloscope in every area, a frosty covered, superb tasting, heavy yielding masterpiece, which will be cured just in time for xmas. I really wont grow anything from another breeder now unless they can perform like mephisto genetics, when grown in no-till they just thrive.

I did x2 sour hounds outside this yr - were both freebies. Pulled just shy of 2oz of one and 23 grams off tother - both though were 9/10 smoke wise. cant wait to one day be able to try growing some indoors.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2017 at 0:18 PM, muffintop said:

Hey man

looking a getting some sour bubbly seeds to grow while im vegging regs 

they say 63 days whats your opinion on this?

I usually add 10-15 days onto what the breeder has stated and chop around day 75-80 with HBSS or Sour Bubbly. I just plant the seed straight into the fabric pot now and let it rock, I don't like disturbing the soil. I let the plant tell me when she's done. She's a very fruity and tasty strain, even more so than the HBSS, I just had a sample and it put me on my arse, not cured properly yet though.

Edited by muffintop
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have a question for the experts. :notworthy: Apologies in advance if it's a stupid one!

I would like to use the no till method in a new space I have planned. The only problem I can fore see is headroom vs pot depth.

I'll have 1200mm max, so by the time the QBs are in I'll end up with a 1mtr cube for container, and grow space.

Am I correct in thinking I will need my substrate to be a min 300mm deep (12 inches) to cycle properly?

300 pot + 300 QB clearance will leave me with 400-500 for the plants.

Do able, but could  I use a  shallower, wider container? 

Thanks in advance

zabz

22 hours ago, zabz said:

Am I correct in thinking I will need my substrate to be a min 300mm deep (12 inches) to cycle properly?

not that I'm aware of. total volume of soil is way more important, you seem to have enough space to get a good volume of soil and still enough height with some supercropping etc... 

large.59a80cc91f718_superlemonhazewk6(2).jpg

• Like 11