No-till thread

muffintop

On 5/10/2017 at 8:40 AM, nudger36 said:

calcified seaweed

what is the difference between this and kelp meal? as this seems to be much cheaper?

• Like 2

Hope this helps mate, great bit of info from oldtimer1 :yep:

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 1

On 13/05/2017 at 0:45 PM, nudger36 said:

Very nice mate, the HBSS yields a shed load when grown to its potential like this, great stuff bud.

Cheers mate, I owe most of it to the growing style, but you also need good genetics, which mephisto provide. Just plain water on the next run with her.

Edited by muffintop
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Been a bit quiet in here :)

Quick question, it seems like my soil mix is a little low in nitrogen (see pic). Plant is 52 days from seed - Auto Blue Kush from Dinafem.

Are there any quick smoothies I can knock up to get a little into the soil to help her out over the last 3 or 4 weeks ? I managed to snag a free trial pack of Biosys so gave her a bit of that last night, it has special nitrogen fixing bacteria in it apparently.

Once she is down, I will get a good crop of clover growing up to mulch down before the next victim gets planted which should help I hope.

Really need to get some of those method 7 type glasses, I'm always looking at it under the HPS so don't notice the yellowing starting off  lol

large.AutoBlueKushDay524.JPG

• Like 3

Thats a good idea @Jimboo, I only commented on one of @Fraggs diaries the other day about doing it and it completely slipped my mind.

There are loads just over the road in the field, I'm off out lol 

• Like 2

put them in a bag in the microwave or a quick dip in boiling water mate it will wilt them + get rid of any creepies

• Like 4

With a couple weeks to go,  could also go with a plain compost tea & molasses if I had access to fresh ewc. That will give you the boost in life that will break down over next few weeks if you think it's struggling. 

I wouldn't bother with doing anything now, you wont be able to fix it. I would add more egg shell calcium and epsom salts on your next round of top dress, and possibly some more seaweed meal. These autoflowers get through it like no tomorrow.

Edited by muffintop
  • Like 1

Has anybody grown Sour Bubbly by Mephisto in no-till? I was so impressed with the Hubbabubbasmelloscope genetics, I needed to get something else with that in.

Edited by muffintop
  • Like 3

@muffintopYes it was my first auto grown didn't get much due to topping it, would of done ok if i handn't intervened so much. Just popped the Hubbabubbasmelloscope looking forward to growing her.

Sour Bubbly tasted great but only lasted a week 12gms:D. JUst done melongum in notill know thats NICE smoke my auto yield are getting better which is a bonus.

@Jimmyarm that would be just on Ro water for me only. Use Ro water because hear many times it doesn't kill off the good life within your NO-till/Organic pots.I had two plants in my last grow that turned yellow way to early. i Was Lacking Kelp you now know to put more N in for the next run Kelp sprinkled on top once in awhile you learn to read how plants react. way to late as muffintop said she will produce u Budz

happy:Ddaze

Edited by Percygrower_420
  • Like 1

The nettle tips where a no go, all scraggly and dry :( They weren't like that 2 weeks ago lol

I gave her a feed of Biosys @bobnudd, which is meant to be packet version of a compost tea. Still need to find some molasses, no shop that I have been in recently ever has it !

@muffintop I hear ya :D  I need to order some more kelp meal definately. I harvested a bit of my own for the next pot I am getting ready, much easier to buy it though :)

@Percygrower_420 I need to look into RO I think, my water butts really don't hold anywhere near enough this time of year for the garden and the ganja :( I bought a decent air pump for making teas with so have been dechlorinating a 25l bucket at a time for the current grow and my plant pots on the patio :)

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jimmyarm said:

Still need to find some molasses, no shop that I have been in recently ever has it !

I went to a bunch of supermarkets and couldnt find it most people inc staff didnt even know what it was lol 

ended up getting some meridian organic blackstrap off amazon,i would suggest you order it too As its pretty hard to come by in shops apparently :g:

h4rdc0r3

• Like 1

@H4rdc0r3 is it Unsulphured molasses:skin_up:from everything i've read it's the type to use:chains: think i got the same as you so i guess it is:mellow:

@Jimmyarm it's a great no-till upgrade Ro water certainly helps the soil life excell. Oldtimer1 pointed me in the right direction for the uber one£200ish but it's not really needed. You can spend alot less and it will get the job done.Rain water is the ONE best filter system you can get:badass:Free>No changing filters:skin_up:

large.DSC01602.jpg

this is the current maxquarium Ro Water  setup:phone: . You doing those tea's with fresh ewc thats what makes Budz explode:angel_not:

large.IMG_0147.jpglarge.DSC01451.jpglarge.594d7c0b12372_wormcasting.jpglarge.DSC01574.jpg

Percy:dev:

Edited by Percygrower_420
  • Like 1