No-till thread

muffintop

Thanks for posting @Irishgirl  - Might be useful outdoor. It looks like a product more suited to Agricultural uses. Designed to breakdown materials into humus? That's kind of what a healthy soil is doing with the worms etc. 

This is looks to me like a product to be used on land that's been intensively farmed to bring it back to into organic balance quicker? Go easy with it and let us know how you go. 

@MMG, no worries mate, ya I thought u were interested in organic, no till route. I did look at that bat bottle nuts b4. Looks interesting & gud reviews etc..... but 4 me it's about leaving da bottle behind & using as much natural materials as possible.

@bobnudd, yes I think it wud b very useful outdoors especially 4 da gorilla growers (GG's)  who come across plots tat have been untouched & covered in ramble etc.... such as myself & trying to keep it as organic, no till, natural amendments as possible & from I have read this product does sound good. I bought a small box to try it out so when I do I will keep ye posted. I bought this from da garden centre. I guess I should have posted this in the gorilla section, random thread. I may well do this as I do believe alot of the outdoor & GG'ers wud benefit from it. 

• Like 2

Yeah like I say I'm doing organic with my subby seeds and RGS seeds ... I use same soil as @nudger36 organic stuff .. Called DNA with added cork .. I look forward to the time I'm ready to tr No-Till .. Along with No Nutes .. lol .. Good luck @Irishgirl .. Plz keep me up to date with it won't you .. 

• Like 2

The DNA is my base mate, good stuff imo @MMG I then add my amendments to make the super soil, I think @Percygrower_420uses a Canna soil as his base. No till is more of method I think, No tillage, you just keep planting in the same soil over and over again, so when a plant is finished you just chop it at the base and then plant another one next to it in the same soil. Im sure all the info is in this thread, its a good read :skin_up:

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 3

Thanks for that @nudger36 .. I've seen pics of what @Percygrower_420 does and what he adds .. It's all really interesting ... Looks like very hard work all that mixing ... Percy's cousin helped him out didn't he matey? ... lol ... Maybe the most organic I'll ever be in organic soil and nutes .. But hey it's the best I can do .. Still tastes better than the other chemical nutes ... It's all about the taste ..

• Like 4

Its still organic bud, how you get there is down to what suits the individual grower bud I reckon :yep: 

• Like 3

Mixing is the easy part:eat:the biggest mission would have to be unclogging the buudly pump all the time cos of what in the tea i make up:fear:

i get all my cousins to help me.....free labour:pitchfork:  afternoon dudes

Edited by Percygrower_420
  • Like 3

Quick question to those using Blumats, if I may :)

I have a 54l fabric pot that has about 40l of 'soil' in it. One plant will occupy it (plus cover crop).

I bought a 10l food grade tub to use as the resevoir but before I drill a hole in it I realised I had no idea how big it should be ! 

Topping it up every day or two isn't too much of an issue and I guess water consumption is a bit like guessing the length of a piece of string but it isn't obviously too small ?

ETA; Ok two questions ! Is it better to have the Blumat probes a bit more towards the centre with a fabric pot ?

I was going to use two probes with a ring of drippers between both (so water should still flow if there is a blockage or one probe fails etc)

Edited by Jimmyarm
  • Like 1

Just a quick update on the use of volcanic rock dust and chlorine.

Turns out its not chlorine but chloride and it is not harmful to plants, check out the rock dust thread to find out more.

Will keep you updated on the guano diffusion

• Like 4

@cheesehunter calcified seaweed or something similar would be good for that mix imo, would be a good source of cal/mag :yep: bone meal is also good, its got multiple benefits. Some though are against slaughterhouse products from an ethical point of view. I always add my rock dust straight into the bag of soil as soon as I get it due to it taking a while to break down and release the goodness. Also, charged Biochar is a great additive imo.

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, nudger36 said:

@cheesehunter calcified seaweed or something similar would be good for that mix imo, would be a good source of cal/mag :yep: bone meal is also good, its got multiple benefits. Some though are against slaughterhouse products from an ethical point of view. I always add my rock dust straight into the bag of soil as soon as I get it due to it taking a while to break down and release the goodness. Also, charged Biochar is a great additive imo.

Calcified Seaweed added to the list, Originally I wanted some bone/blood meal but someone talked me out of it.

I will look into the charged biochar.

Thanks mate

• Like 2

Yeah, I just use Bone meal, not the blood. You will have phosphorous from the bat guano's anyway bud :yep: 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2017 at 2:26 PM, muffintop said:

I don't usually post pictures, but I thought I would show what mephisto genetics and no-till can do in a 30 litre fabric pot, using LST and under LED. (Hubbabubbasmelloscope)

large.1.JPG.3e3e6a7176bfcb877d48dd954f04

Very nice mate, the HBSS yields a shed load when grown to its potential like this, great stuff bud.

• Like 6