No-till thread

muffintop

You crush/blend it up just before using it, that is when the enzymes are at their peak, so I believe.

Edited by muffintop
  • Like 1

Hi all :bong: been a while since I posted. :shock:

Nice to see some no-till gardeners exist I made the transition for 'organic' to pure no-till organic just over a year ago and I love it! Permacultre indoors, it's fun I feel like working in the garden I never have to guess what each plant needs just supply them with everything they could need in the soil and let nature do the rest :) Funny that it's not more popular really.

Anyone using sprouting tea in your cycle. Great additional enzymes I personally buy organic corn kernels and sprout them roughly about 4days to get a decent sprout on it. Then they get blended (with water) and bubbled with water for 1 hour then fed to the ladies Ratio: 2-3 cups cups of ground sprouted corn for 15-18 ltrs water.

I always notice a nice growth after a sprouting tea. I can highly recommend.

You can also make the same tea from sprouting alfalfa, but I personally use corn it's more easily available for me and I noticed little difference in grown between corn and alfalfa.

Sometimes I add Neem Meal to the tea, keeps the grow bug free :yahoo: I also found that smart pots work well in this method, at least for me. Is anyone else using them?

Does anyone know brownguy420 (youtube) he's got some massive legal growns in Oregon both recreational and medical licensed Solo Farms and it's all No-Till.

e2a: I'll put up a photo or two of my current ladies, they getting flipped tomorrow.

Edited by ska
  • Like 4

Hi ska, yep I'm planning to go down the no till path. I'm collecting the amendments at the mo to do different kinds of teas/brew & corn is top on my list.

Ooh & yes I am following brown guy. What a great guy & his farm is turning out fab. I would love a job on his farm for abt 6/12mths.

Are you growing indoors, garden or GG. Good luck with your no till mate.

• Like 1

Hi ska, yep I'm planning to go down the no till path. I'm collecting the amendments at the mo to do different kinds of teas/brew & corn is top on my list.

Ooh & yes I am following brown guy. What a great guy & his farm is turning out fab. I would love a job on his farm for abt 6/12mths.

Are you growing indoors, garden or GG. Good luck with your no till mate.

Thanks :) great to hear that you are going no till. Yeah would be fun working on solo farms.

I'm growing indoor under 600W normally do 9 plants in 19ltr smart pots but this time it's only 7 plants and one of them in in 35ltr smart pot I don't fill the pot to the top so she's probably in a about 28 ltrs of soil then mulch on top.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to my hubbabubbasmelloscope finishing. I can't wait to taste this lady this time around, as the other time I grew her she was in coco.

Edited by muffintop
  • Like 2

I will do, it really is such an easy system of growing.

I do hope to be on this path next season plz god. Got my malt barley, sweetcorn, alfalfa seeds, already, need to get coconut powder & alo Vera flakes next.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my first sample of hubbabubbasmelloscope grown in no-till, strawberry hubba bubba taste x 10! Mephisto Genetics really are something else and more people need to try them.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is fantastic, thanks a lot to all contributors.

From what's available to me, I'll be starting with a mix of: tropic mix (60% peat, 40% coir), worm castings (bought online, but I'll be sorting out a wormery), gypsum, kelp meal, rockdust, neem meal and charge. Plus I'll throw in some red wigglers of course. Killerskunk and Noname. Will report back.

Thanks again :yep:

• Like 2

This thread is fantastic, thanks a lot to all contributors.

From what's available to me, I'll be starting with a mix of: tropic mix (60% peat, 40% coir), worm castings (bought online, but I'll be sorting out a wormery), gypsum, kelp meal, rockdust, neem meal and charge. Plus I'll throw in some red wigglers of course. Killerskunk and Noname. Will report back.

Thanks again :yep:

Hello! & welcome

Edited by Bird

Great thread this is it should be pinned .

Im doing one plant one light scrog. 8-10 week veg and im aiming for 8oz per plant could somebody recommend the right pot size to use please?

Also do i pot up as normal then use the notill pot as the final or go straight into the notill pot from starter pot?

Thanks key4

I've come across this, I don't think it's been posted already. It's a guy in Canada doing side-by-side grows in his outdoor vegetable garden using biochar and rock dust, with lab analysis of soil. His results suggest that biochar and rock dust may not actually be that important. Quite in-depth and worth a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2824229769&feature=iv&list=PL5mfR-r4BXH1WwrNIH29H-KI4LGrEfHFd&src_vid=SVFvMO9-_Ig&v=B64NywRTPck

• Like 1

Setting up a bed for this myself at the moment. Used to have a similar grow and used aquarium water changes for watering! Bud tasted muuuch nicer than the bottle grows I do now (at least that's how I remember it :) ). Yields weren't as high, but that could be down to experience and strains. It was a pretty basic compost mix too.

My mix that is currently settling is:

Coco coir 2 parts
perlite 1 part
vermiculite 1 part
Compost from heap 4 parts
Worm castings 1 part

Leaf mulch 1 part
Shrimp meal jug
crab meal jug
kelp meal jug
blood/bone meal 1 jug
Sharp sand 1 jug
Load of red worms from the heap

Straw mulch top with clover.

I've stuck it outside my tent with some CFLs for the clover and am watering it in. I won't be using it till next month probably. Want to let it stabilise first to give it a fair run.

For watering I will be adding as a supplement:
liquid kelp
molasses
Aloe Vera juice