No-till thread

muffintop

Hi great thread and seems to be the way forward.

Just done a few clones in aloe Vera also, I just snapped off an aloe branch and dipped the cuts straight into the gel.

About 14/18 rooted well after 11days in Jiffys in a carrier bag under t5 so I'm fairly convinced

Just a little suggestion for you no till growers. You will get much better yields if you stay away from adding anything thats phosphorus based. Like bonemeal bat guano etc. Really fuck s up your myco . Thing's with phosphorus in it but not the main ingredient. Neem alfalfa frass etc all have plenty phosphorus in them for your myco to process into huge buds. Trust me. Do a side by side to see for yourself. Always used to add bonemeal and guano until I learned this. I always add a soluble myco fungi in the third week of flowering to make sure they're still packing. Just my opinion btw. Im a great believer in using what works for you.

Have a great day all natural pot heads

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

People who are searching for malted barley powder, just get some plain uncrushed malted barley from a brew shop, and grind it up just before use.

Edited by muffintop
  • Like 2

People who are searching for malted barley powder, just get some plain uncrushed malted barley from a brew shop, and grind it up just before use.

Ebay sell it as well mate if they haven't a brew shop locally

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

hi all need some advice please.

coming to the end of some autos we have run no-till stylee. All was going well until last few days when we have been hit by bugs. Hoping we have got away with it to get them all to harvest but need to know a couple of things:

1) should we be sterilizing the mulch that we bring in? I was thinking of dipping in hot water or maybe running everything through a blender?

2) what should we do with the room and our pots? How do we sterlize the place and make sure there are no more unwanted nasties in the soil or something?

peace

hi all need some advice please.

coming to the end of some autos we have run no-till stylee. All was going well until last few days when we have been hit by bugs. Hoping we have got away with it to get them all to harvest but need to know a couple of things:

1) should we be sterilizing the mulch that we bring in? I was thinking of dipping in hot water or maybe running everything through a blender?

big pot old pillow case bring to the boil and simmer for 30mins lol,, small amounts plastic bag and microwave a few times,

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

First time grower & started late & did everything backwards but I have learnt alot in the last few months about this hobby & growing. I am preparing myself for next season & I really want to go down the organic/no till route. I lived in Ireland, in the country & not a million miles from the ocean. These are my ideas for my prepp.

Making my own compost. I have a barrel outside my cottage door that I have started to add household waste to such as egg shells, tea bags, coffee ground filter, dead nettles, veg scraps & anything else I think that suits.

Manure: I am fortunate to live in the country so I am able to get cow, horse, goat & chicken manure's. I will leave this in a pile to rot & added contents from my barrel for it to cook.

I plan going to the ocean to gather seaweed to wash & dry it, also to add to my pile.

I have planted two roots of comfrey that a friend gave to me from his garden. I just hope they grow & spread. I put them in two different areas.

I did think of going to visit the fishermen & ask them for their waste of fish, blood & bones but decided against that as I don't think I could be able to stomach it so will buy this instead.(FBB).

I will use espson salts for cal/mag. Burn ash wood for sulphur. Ooh & not forgetting my nettle tea/brew that I make from rain water, nettles & used tea bags. Plants love it.

I plan to buy the following for my garden:

Organic Tippland compost, Bio-Bizz Coco mix, volcanic rock dust, perlite, Neen & kelp, gypsum, potassium & phosphorous.

As regards to malted barley, I am unsure of this, I'm sure I maybe able to buy at one of the hardware shops where they sell these kind of things for feed for animals or would the following link be ok?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005KRFNS2/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1472049118&sr=8-2&keywords=malted+barleyπ=SX200_QL40#

Some of the above stuff I need to read up on & come firmilar with & their purpose/s. I will treat myself to the above following ingredients, materials, either weekly, fortnightly or monthly as funds are low. By doing this from now on till next season I should be ready & have what is needed for my natural, organic, no till Grow.

As regards to pest control I am unsure of. I was thinking of making up a spray of: garlic, hot chillies, boil for 15mins, add orgainic apple cider vinegar & 3 drops of lemon washing up liquid.

My question is, am I on the right garden path. Have I covered all ingredients or is it to much or do I need to add? I will be growning outdoors in a hidden Plot, 'The Forbidden Garden'. I have to clear it first, dig & turn the soil. I also have yet to test the soil but have a 3 in 1 tester ordered & it's on its way.

This is where I am at right now as I continue with my research & studies on this wonderful hobby. Any advice, comments, ideas would be most appreciated.

Happy safe growning to all uk420 growers.

• Like 1

@@Irishgirl I would drop the Epsom as the Gypsum is Calcium Sulphate.

If you're going to use biochar then it will need to be pre soaked in a nutrient rich solution or it will pull nitrogen from your soil before it puts it back out.

RR

• Like 1

@@Irishgirl I would drop the Epsom as the Gypsum is Calcium Sulphate.

If you're going to use biochar then it will need to be pre soaked in a nutrient rich solution or it will pull nitrogen from your soil before it puts it back out.

RR

OK RR, taken that on board with gypsum.

Sorry I don't understand biochar thing? Nutrient rich solution?

@@Irishgirl you mentioned burnt wood... Thats biochar. Needs soaking in a tea or something before going in the soil.

RR

Yes I thought I cud burn ash wood for sulphur. When cold shake on soil. I didn't realise it needed to be soaked but thanks for that.

@@Irishgirl

I did think of going to visit the fishermen & ask them for their waste of fish, blood & bones but decided against that as I don't think I could be able to stomach it so will buy this instead.(FBB).

yeah i tried fish waste :bad::bad::bad: dont but you could pick up some prawn and crab shells http://www.mastergardenproducts.com/gardenerscorner/crabmealfertilizer.htm

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 2