No-till thread

muffintop

@@Ogami-itto I just don't really need to mate... My soil life is healthy enough now so I just add MBP for enzymes and Kelp top dress every few weeks.. Works just as well.

RR

• Like 3

Yep, after reading a revised thread at a different forum, I will only be top dressing with MBP and seaweed meal after a few cycles. It's all good though, as the plants love it. If growing under LED with autoflowers, I would still top dress with gypsum and epsom salts though.

Edited by muffintop
  • Like 1

I have issues with a number of ingredients in that mix so it's not something I would use...

RR

I personally dont use it and would review each component before purchasing anyway, to see if it fitted in with my requirement, everyone's different, one person may like it and another may not. Just thought it looked a good introduction and starting point.

Edited by nudger36

I personally dont use it and would review each component before purchasing anyway, to see if it fitted in with my requirement, everyone's different, one person may like it and another may not. Just thought it looked a good introduction and starting point.

Yeah sorry never meant to knock bro, I would just prefer to avoid the slaughterhouse products and some of the others are unnecessary.

RR

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all - soil cooked, pots are all prepped and seeds soaking.

One question re: worms - are they essential? If we need to add, then are the worms I have in my worm bin OK? Or not?

How much would need to be introduced to each 30L pot?

Peace

Worms are essential and so is mulch, the mulch feeds the worms, and free worm shit then gets deposited in your pots. I usually put in around half the pot size for the amount of worms. They will regulate their population in there anyway if you put in too many.

Edited by muffintop

Worms are essential and so is mulch, the mulch feeds the worms, and free worm shit then gets deposited in your pots. I usually put in around half the pot size for the amount of worms. They will regulate their population in there anyway if you put in too many.

@@muffintop Dont get your meaning mate sounds like if you were using a 30lt pot you add 15lts of worms

I add about 4-6 nice size ones from my worm bin when starting. That's in prett smal pots 7 to 11litres.

If you top dress with EWC during the grow your normally end up adding some extra or cocoons in anyway. If I scratch back the top later there's normally a couple of babies stickin there heads up.

Good idea to regularly spray the mulch on your pots down just to keep it damp. Better for the worms :)

Thanks for input guys. So will the worms from my bin do? Compost worms.

I thought a few per 30L should do as they will multiply but wanted to check.

Yeah sorry never meant to knock bro, I would just prefer to avoid the slaughterhouse products and some of the others are unnecessary.

RR

No worries RR, It was more about the idea of it rather than the ingredients. I think it is good that things like it are now becoming available. Some times its difficult to source all the items you need in one go, in the states there are quite a few various ready made mix's available, Kind Soil is one of them, just liked the idea of it. Of course its better to tailor one yourself but options like ready made mix's are a great way to get people involved in the first place I think, some people love the idea of it but cant be bothered as such because they think it requires so much time and effort.

Edited by nudger36

• 2 weeks later...

I'm after some aloe vera powder (200:1), the stuff is so damn expensive, unless I am looking for the wrong type.

It's expensive stuff. I bought some and am only using it once as a root drench at the start. Might also use it for foliar if we get a summer.

just done some clones with aloe 2 weeks ago and they're doing great!

stayed green all the way with no droop

brilliant way to do clones imo :stoned:

i soaked my plugs in aloe juice and water too this time

• Like 2