No-till thread

muffintop

Yep I get them from ebay like @@nudger36 to back up my worm bin as I use more than it makes for now..... Fresh is best by a country mile though as its the microbes in it you really want so the fresher the better :oldtoker: All other shit is too "hot" fresh apart from worms and rabbits

• Like 2

I wonder if maggot castings would have any benefit? the bait shop got me wondering @@Jimboo

depends what they feed them on mate imho what i read some of the big commercial worm farms just feed their worms paper pulp i wonder if maggot farms would be the same

eta personally mate id just put the maggots in the blender and put the lot in lol

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 3

Nice one guys im off out tomorrow and can vist a grow shop just dont like inflated prices but need it asap

but i know there it a bait shop 5min down road from grow shop so might pay a quick visit there first lol

Thanks guys

bless

• Like 1

depends what they feed them on mate imho what i read some of the big commercial worm farms just feed their worms paper pulp i wonder if maggot farms would be the same

eta personally mate id just put the maggots in the blender and put the lot in lol

Protein shake of the highest calibre, reminds me of Rocky cracking and eating them raw eggs.

Urghh??!! Fuck getting any casters in it!! Fungus natts are bad enough!

I used to work in a tackle shop, the stench from riddling 50 gallon of maggots fresh from the farm.....

Stench of ammonia...quote

'Ammonia is converted to nitrates by nitrifying bacteria in the soil.

Plants absorb nitrates from the soil and use these to build up proteins.'

Hmm @@nudger36, that could be genius. Wonder if any is held in the sawdust....worth investigating more. Wouldn't put it in my mix or pots though. Would be worried about diseases / smell. Still rotting meat / fish. Could be interesting ran through the compost bin / worm bin?

Re worms heard good things about these people from couple people who have ordered from them

http://yorkshire-worms.co.uk/product-category/compost-worms/

• Like 1

i dunno man..

im not digging the maggot idea.. :bad:

'what strain is that..?'

'maggot'

e2+ its making it very hard to eat my porridge thinking of blended maggots..

Edited by twigs
  • Like 4

lol it was more of just, I wonder what if, I doubt I would go down the maggot route even if they were the best thing since bacon buttys! just thinking outside of the 'tackle' box lol im sure they are in a lot of compost piles already, cant be that bad coz they would be full of good stuff from what they are munching! the little maggots!

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 2

Anyone care to share a simple tea recipe for flowering? Got a couple of Northern Lights want to try it out on. Simple please as I have min. ingredients....

peace.

What ya got available? Molasses, Comfrey is good, and Bat Guano, and Alfalfa due to the Triacontanol and N. Adjust the ratios according to like a bloom fertilizer rather than a grow one. So less N (alfalfa/worms) and more PK (bat,comfrey) for flowering brews.

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 3

@@nudger36 I only have molasses from that list! I can get alfafa very close to me today. So bat & comfrey are my best options then? I will go find some comfrey. So would molasses, alfafa & comfrey tea do the job?

Thanks bro...hope youre enjoying the sunshine!

• Like 1

Yes mate, that would fine, some people just do a comfrey only. Teas are very flexible :yep: yes mate, lovely sunshine, my girls are out in the conservatory, loving it.

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 3

Yes mate, that would fine, some people just do a comfrey only. Teas are very flexible :yep: yes mate, lovely sunshine, my girls are out in the conservatory, loving it.

Ive used comfrey for whole grows before ,But ive lost my plants over the years.It has some nice N.P.K ratio's

http://www.allotment-garden.org/compost-fertiliser/npk-manures-compost.php

http://www.allotment-garden.org/comfrey/using-comfrey.php

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 3

cheers for the links @@Jimboo - good timing as Ive actually ordered a whole load of red clover and dutch white clover - going to use them as cover crops for some raised beds on my smallholding which has poor soil. I can then use to make the teas, etc. Am also going to rotate with alfafa and barley.

@@nudger36 :oldtoker: all mine basking in the greenhouse....long live the sunshine.

• Like 3

cheers for the links @@Jimboo - good timing as Ive actually ordered a whole load of red clover and dutch white clover - going to use them as cover crops for some raised beds on my smallholding which has poor soil. I can then use to make the teas, etc. Am also going to rotate with alfafa and barley.

@@nudger36 :oldtoker: all mine basking in the greenhouse....long live the sunshine.

for the sake of a £5 mate buy some blocking14 root cuttings (type of comfrey) from ebay,It will pay dividends in the coming years

• Like 6

you can find comfrey mostly anywhere in woodlands etc, dig up a root then cut into 2 inch long pieces plant in soil few weeks later you will have compfrey plants

• Like 3