Some yellow leaves, 4 weeks flower

Satchitananda

@@botanics seems to be a summer/winter thing for me, I grow in hydro so something I always have to keep an eye on. It's not a problem if paying attention.

• Like 2

The water problem I stumble across when I checked my ph and ec both were high its sitting around the 7.8 mark now which dont bother me but when it spikes to 8.5 surely that is having a detrimental effect on the soil?? My ec is always around .8 so it's hard as shit when I saw the problem last time I flushed with ro water till I had an ec of .4 on my ec stick they took a lot water but I manage to leach something out.then I watered with 1/4 strength nutes and they seemed to snap out of it and carry on as usual.

For a long time i was getting the same problem didn't matter whether it was bio nutes or old timers so I put it down to the water hardness blocking my root pores and locking out so a good flush and if the ph is high il alter wether that's making a difference or not It makes me feel better lol

I was unaware it was soft water your using so it's more likely a magnesium issue I would use pure magnesium sulphate (Epsom salts) and hopefully perk up.

Cheers M

• Like 2

I decided to water it anyway, if it is going to sit there hardly drinking - it might as well sit there in 4ml Bloom and 1ml MagneCal.

I have lost hope at this point, I am starting some new seeds off.

I will give this plant a couple of weeks but if it still looks the same or worse at that point I will have to chop it. Maybe I can make some hash from it or something, she is pretty sticky?

I won't bother with any new pics until she looks different...or hopefully a bit better.

You know the 5 stages of grief theory? I think I am moving from depression to acceptance. I fucked up.

They will pick up, all is not lost, there is plenty of time left, you have plenty of leaves above your canopy. Only a slight hiccup in the bigger scheme of things and as a bonus next time around you wont have this issue.

• Like 2

@@ditchthedealer thanks mate. I must admit I don't feel hopeful atm. Especially now she has stopped drinking. I think I did the right thing watering with 4ml Bloom and 1ml MagneCal even though it wasn't ready. It has to be better for it to be sat in the right stuff. ;) If they start to turn the corner soon I might be ok - I hope.

Meanwhile I am starting a CBD grow (health issues that I hope they might help), I intend growing two CBD strains and two normal feminised plants in the DR60 so will have to keep them small and go into flower pretty soon, maybe only possible to pot up once (twice at the most?). I have grown four autos in there previously and they fit great, so if I can keep these around that size it will be good.

I am doing Shark Shock and Durga Mata for the CBD's and Blue OG and Creme Caramel (fast edition) for the normals. I will be using the compost with the dolomite lime this time.

Edited by ananda
  • Like 2

@@ananda

Be careful with lime mate you won't need much ;) I've got a couple of CBD rich plants coming down soon mate, good luck with them :yep:

I believe the recommended mix is "1 dsp (10ml) of dolomite lime into 10l" I got that info on this forum somewhere. So I did that.

I just looked at the yellow plant and it is a lot more yellow, it is much worse than yesterday. It's travelling up the buds and the leaves that were a bit yellow yesterday are pure yellow today.

I haven't got the heart to take a photo but it's a lot worse. I don't think it's going to be ok. :(

Guest Default Attribute

Same thing is happening to two of my plants at the minute, nothing I can do to stop it :( Im quitting growing for a bit after this, the stress of growing has outweighed the positives for me now, fucking plant magic bloom is useless.

But why is this happening and increasingly so for peeps ? I've dosed my girls with some epsoms as they are displaying Mg deficient now, but my yellowing began around the same time as @@ananda, different feeds, composts etc, only one common thing is the soft water and this is leading me to believe that perhaps water authorities are using different chemicals perhaps to clean the water, don't know but i'd be fucked if I quit.

• Like 3

@StevieRays Get on the biobizz fishmix and bloom or something else you have used succesfully , I did after two years of shit crops and head scratching and havnt had a bad grow since. There comes a point when it doesnt matter why any more, just do what works.

• Like 1

@StevieRays Get on the biobizz fishmix and bloom or something else you have used succesfully , I did after two years of shit crops and head scratching and havnt had a bad grow since. There comes a point when it doesnt matter why any more, just do what works.

You mean Fishmix instead of Grow? If so why?

I am asking because I am going over to Biobizz myself. Although 50% of this I made worse myself, I have to admit.

Same thing is happening to two of my plants at the minute, nothing I can do to stop it :( Im quitting growing for a bit after this, the stress of growing has outweighed the positives for me now, fucking plant magic bloom is useless.

I hear you on the stress. I have been very depressed about this. I am pretty sure it isn't going to finish properly, I might get an oz of unready buds if I am lucky but basically I think it's fucked. That's a kick in the teeth when you have spent months caring for the plant (and I do put my heart into it) and I am going to run out of weed now too.

@ananda Fishmix because thats what worked for me before, its cheaper too. Dont give up on them completely, I have had plants in far worse condition finish up and half a crop is better than none. Try to concentrate on getting them on a stable routine rather than worrying about the damage that has been done or you will be constantly over compensating. If you havnt allready done so let the pot dry out, you may have been underestimating how dry it can safely get without wilting( I know I do sometimes) and once your roots are upset by over watering nothing works as it should untill they dry out.

• Like 2

hazey daze uses fishmix all the way through and you want to see is plants, it is a good substitute for grow, but you wouldn't want to spill a bottle, it fucking honks lol

Edited by greenfingers1987
  • Like 2

@ananda Fishmix because thats what worked for me before, its cheaper too. Dont give up on them completely, I have had plants in far worse condition finish up and half a crop is better than none. Try to concentrate on getting them on a stable routine rather than worrying about the damage that has been done or you will be constantly over compensating. If you havnt allready done so let the pot dry out, you may have been underestimating how dry it can safely get without wilting( I know I do sometimes) and once your roots are upset by over watering nothing works as it should untill they dry out.

Thanks mate, yea I will let the compost dry this time (assuming that happens and the plant drinks) then I will feed normally, I am not giving up yet I am just not hopeful. So you use the Fishmix as a Grow replacement?

@@greenfingers1987 I have ordered some, will be careful not to spill. ;)