Not sure if too late to scrog

Satchitananda

Mate, that looks like a nice spread tbh. Not exactly one per hole, but sweet for your first attempt. Personally, I wouldn't bother with the super-cropping, but I'm a lazy shit! I'd be well happy to let that just flower on lol

Up to yourself though, the more work you put in, the better the yield. From the looks of it, you won't be disappointed! :thumsup:

• Like 1

Mate, that looks like a nice spread tbh. Not exactly one per hole, but sweet for your first attempt. Personally, I wouldn't bother with the super-cropping, but I'm a lazy shit! I'd be well happy to let that just flower on lol

Up to yourself though, the more work you put in, the better the yield. From the looks of it, you won't be disappointed! :thumsup:

Thanks mate. I think it might be ok. :)

It's No-name by Ugorg btw so it might stretch a bit before it fills out, I hope so.

Edited by ananda
  • Like 1

Also, I wonder does anyone scrog Indicas? If so would you pretty much fill the net and then go 12/12 rather than going 12/12 with a 70% full net and continuing to train for about two weeks, like people seem to do.

I tend to grow mostly indica myself mate, and I still flip it @ 70%-ish

The thing that worries me is if I flip at 70% and continue to train for two weeks - some indicas only stretch for about two weeks so it might fill the net but then have no height?

I might be wrong to do so, but when I ScroG I prefer to have above the net to be bud only. I used to have some stonkers of pics on this site that I could have shown you, but I lost them :(

It's up to yourself of course, but I found that if I tried for some branch above the net then it was a nightmare to keep the levels even.

• Like 2

Definitely mate. You want to see some of the monsters I've got out of a ScroG using the method you were describing (letting it stretch up through the net). I was almost afraid to go into my tent due to them! Triffids have got nothing on an ScroG gone wild lol

• Like 2

Definitely mate. You want to see some of the monsters I've got out of a ScroG using the method you were describing (letting it stretch up through the net). I was almost afraid to go into my tent due to them! Triffids have got nothing on an ScroG gone wild lol

Yea, I am a bit worried about mine doing that. I might have stopped training too early. :)

Has anyone tried they single screen,s that attach to the pot,s 40x40 and 60x60cm, they look ideal for convenience

Coconut

I was looking at the "Scrog Line Pro 1.2 Plant Support Net Netting 60cm x 60cm", it's only 20cm above the pot so might prove a bit difficult to water, I think mine is at least 26cm above the pot and I can just get the can in to water it. The net is a joke but you can do your own. It seems quite handy though. :) My main problem would be getting it in and out of the tent, I would have to lean it quite a bit to get it in and not just because I have a 60cm tent but also because the tent is just behind a door frame that blocks some of the entrance to the tent. I would love to have a set up that I could take out of the tent to train though.

I might make my own using "20mm Outer Diameter PVC Electrical Conduit Pipes" but can't think of a way of securing it well to the pot.

@@ananda yes the net is a joke, if I used them I,d change them to that orange safety netting. If I was hand feeding a Scrog I,d make up some sort of feed ring connected to some garden hose and let gravity take it in, or buy a small pump.

How does the Scrog line fit to the pot? I assumed the flat bits would cable tie to the pots, if you used 20mm you could flatten it and cable tie them on, but how will you keep them at a set angle?

Coconut

@@ananda yes the net is a joke, if I used them I,d change them to that orange safety netting. If I was hand feeding a Scrog I,d make up some sort of feed ring connected to some garden hose and let gravity take it in, or buy a small pump.

How does the Scrog line fit to the pot? I assumed the flat bits would cable tie to the pots, if you used 20mm you could flatten it and cable tie them on, but how will you keep them at a set angle?

Coconut

I don't know, lol. I can't think of a good way of doing it that would be rigid enough.

Those pre-made ones look like the flat bit go inside the pot in the corners and kept in pace by the compost? I would love to just be able to buy something rather than faff around making something. If they made a 50x50cm that would suit me.

Edited by ananda
  • Like 1

@JamieThePainter @Coconut

A little update. :) I supercropped some that were very tall but I can't be bothered adjusting height any more.

gallery_80749_7075_42118.jpg

I should do a diary instead of updating here, lol. If it continues to go ok, I might do that.

• Like 3

Looking good, man! :yep:

Those tops are looking nice and level, I reckon that's you on the home straight in regards to training now. Just keep 'em fed and look forward to your rewards :oldtoker:

• Like 1