Rate your last watched Movie

MuffinMan

wolverine vs deadpool, found a pretty decent cam copy. i loved it, very imaginative, some laugh out loud bits and a good script, keeps a good pace for two hours. over all a great film for a third in a franchise and i highly recommend it to fans 8/10

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stewart Lee: Basic Lee 👍   

I didn't recognise him at first because he's old and fat. lol       

• Haha 2

Watched Wayne's World the other day after the missus told me she'd never seen it.  "Oh are you in for a treat!" I said to her as I fired it on. 

Turned it off half way through with a mumbled apology.  I must have been way fucking stoned back then lol

• Haha 2

Not last watched, next to watch. Molly's Game, on BBC1 after Match of the Day. I remember it being good, but I watched it first time after a few ciders so I can't remember much else lol

E2A I remember Michael Cera being superbly slimy as a character based on Tobey Maguire.

Edited by Boojum

On 29/08/2024 at 17:53, Saddam said:

I didn't recognise him at first because he's old and fat. lol 

he's looking like Freddie Starr these days 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Joolz said:

he's looking like Freddie Starr these days 😂

He looked like the Ghost of Ted Bovis from Hi-de-hi on his Tornado show :)

large.Ted-Bovis.jpg.af2110dba247bf5a8072291e3ac05949.jpg

I'm still laughing at "patience testing wank" as a review. That and "Eskimo face from the 90's".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dumb Money. Comedy drama (well, that's what it's advertised as but it wasn't very funny) based on the Gamestop share saga, written and directed by Craig Gillespie. I was expecting far more from the director of the brilliant I, Tonya. I guess it's trying to be another The Big Short but it's nowhere close. Disappointing.

Transformers One. :yep: Definitely the best Transformers content since the animated 1986 movie. They kinda blurred the lines when it comes to the original lore but I actually quite like the way they've done it and it benefits the story well, all in all, a really excellent bit of entertainment. 

Rebel Ridge :yep:  Really well put together and Aaron Pierre is fucking excellent in this role. 

• Like 2

I (re)watched Rambo, the other night! 😬 Fuck me, weren't we easily pleased, back then?! I mean, it was really pretty fucking grim ~ Cringey grim.

He never even killed anyone, either! 😮

• Like 2

First Blood was a decent little thriller with a point to make (if a clumsy one) about the treatment of soldiers returning from the Vietnam war. The rest of the Rambo films were utter shite that completely missed the point of the first film (and the book it was based on).

• Like 2

On 20/09/2024 at 13:34, Boojum said:

First Blood ..... (and the book it was based on).

You into Morrell, at all, Booge? I used to devour his stuff! I do like a book where the author's researched his shit, so well, We learn good and fascinating shit from it.

Picked up some good shit, from good authors. 'Dean Koontz' was another one. Ever want to blow some cunt straight out of the driving seat, as soon as he touches the pedal? Koontz. Open wound, maybe sucking? David and the Duct Tape!

There's a passage, in Morrell's Totem, where a Doctor looses his shit, even as he's Wondering if he'd Know when he was loosing his shit! Absolutely fucking Masterful! :notworthy:

Worth reading the book, just for that bit! Morrell's like that! Vignettes that'll stick with ye half a life time and more :yep:

Ooh! Actually? One thing, I learned from one of his (Many, many!) books actually, and perfectly literally, saved my fucking life!!! Genuinely! I'm fucking serious. Would Not be here to type this shit, had I nor read that snippet. Fact!