Rate your last watched Movie

MuffinMan

Just finished watching Sting, A story about a little girl Charlotte and her pet spider Sting, but all is not as it seem with Sting as Charlotte comes to the realisation of being the parent of a sinister arachnid.

Was pleasantly surprised with this one, funny, creepy and as camp as Christmas…. Gonna watch this one again :yep:

Edited by The Green Manalishi
The spiders name is Sting not Spike….that’s another movie.

Civil War   - 2 hours of my life I am not getting back. Didn't feel like much of a story.

Shin Masked Rider. Power Rangers with buckets of blood lol

On 16/07/2024 at 18:48, Boojum said:

the only Eddie Murphy movie I actually thought was any good.

Not even Coming to America? I do love that film.

I managed nearly 3 minutes of the second one, what a pile of shit :soap:

• Like 2

Air America (1990) Action, comedy set during the Vietnam conflict with Mel Gibson and Robert Downey Jr. 

Very good. :)  

• Like 2

Thelma - 93 year old Thelma gets duped by a phone scammer and sets out on a treacherous quest to reclaim what was taken from her. 

June Squibb, Malcolm McDowell, and Richard Roundtree in his final film performance. :( 

I loved it but be forewarned that some scenes might take the wind out you. :blub:   

Thanks for all the amazing content Mr. Roundtree. :yinyang:  

Edited to add - All of the performances are amazing but June Squibb absolutely smashes it out of the park. :notworthy:   

Edited by Saddam

Idiocracy - Basically a documentary. lol       

Beavis and Butt-Head Do America - This scene definitely shouldn't have been deleted..

lol  

• Like 1

Long Arm of the Law (1984) - Proper action here. Guerrilla filmed on the streets of Hong Kong with absolutely no health and safety in place. There's a car fire scene in this movie that's notorious for being real and filmed without the actors consent, you see the inside of the car blacking up while the actor is inside clearly terrified for his life. 

I'm slowly ticking off all the movies Tarantino was inspired by (pinched scenes from) and this one has Reservoir Dogs written all over it. The ear, petrol scene.

10/10 for being raw as fuck.

Rurouni Kenshin: The Beginning (2020) - The previous Rurouni Kenshin movies weren't my thing, too much CGI and the pretty boy samurai look annoys me. However this prequel is fucking awesome. A total bloodbath of single shot swordplay scenes. This is now a top 10 samurai movie for me and that's a hard top 10 to get into, loads of solid competition in that genre. 10/10

Across 110th Street (1972) - Always thought this was a Blaxploitation movie but it's not. It's a gritty low budget crime movie filmed on location in Harlem NY. A nice time capsule movie with a funky Bobby Womack soundtrack and tons of action. 8/10

Edited by Shogun
Spelling
  • Like 4

Up In Smoke - The best stoner movie of all time. :D   

:oldtoker:  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

For stoner movies countryman is a favourite of mine, great soundtrack. 

Rip countryman. 

Edited by bushdoc
47.30 mins in for the I am a fisherman speech
  • Like 3

On 21/07/2024 at 01:29, Saddam said:

Beavis and Butt-Head Do America - This scene definitely shouldn't have been deleted..

lol  

TP for my bunghole lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fuckin love Do America, it was instrumental in my early development lol

I still regularly ask people "do you wanna see my unit?" lol

:yinyang:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Boy, what I wouldn't give for five minutes alone with them two little bastards.. 

**whack** lol     

Treasure. Edek, a holocaust survivor revisits places from his childhood with his daughter. Stephen Fry stars in this quite emotional journey.

I thought it was excellent.