Rate your last watched Movie

MuffinMan

Holed up with Covid so I've nothing else to do but watch movies. I've taken advantage of the 7 day free trial of the Arrow Video TV channel.

Female Prisoner #701: Scorpion (1972) - Violent Japanese prison exploitation movie. Right up my street. I've got a soft spot for female prison dramas from Prisoner Cell Block H to Caged Heat. 9/10

Stormy Monday (1988) - was hoping I'd find a hidden gem Brit gangster movie but my ADD kicked in (might have been the pain killers) and I don't remember much of the film at all. Had a good cast, Tommy Lee Jones and Sean Bean.

The Long Good Friday (1980) - Top movie. Loads of familiar faces. Deserves it's rep as one of the best British crime films 9/10

Rats: Night of Terror (1984) - As with most Italian movies once you get past the bad acting and shit dubbing you have a half decent film. But it is only half decent. Love the reveal at the end. 5/10

Ban the Sadist Videos - Documentary about the "video nasty" ban era. Interviews with loads of people involved, BBFC censors, pirate video makers fans etc. it's hilarious watching these jobs worth censors still trying to justify their actions 40 years later, looks even more ridiculous now 9/10

Scum (1977 banned TV version) - been looking to watch the TV version for a long time. Kind of let down to be honest, mainly because it's almost identical to the film release. One or two minor differences, a less open to interpretation ending and David Threlfel (Frank from Shameless) cast as Archer. Otherwise the same.

• Like 2

On 23/06/2024 at 05:29, Saddam said:

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension. 

wtf did i just watch? lol

• Like 2

@ratdogIt's superb, especially the performances from Lithgow and Lloyd, I hope you stayed for the hero walk at the end. lol  You've now entered a world where you see subliminal Buckaroo Banzai references everywhere, there are even John Bigbooté profiles on Linkedin. lol 

Why is there a watermelon there? :unsure:  

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Saddam said:

I hope you stayed for the hero walk at the end.

no lol but Lithgow was awesome, the imagery when he uses that thing on his tongue and the sparks fly was stunning

• Like 1

*Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F, spelled it correctly this time. :lookaround:  The pacing's almost a beat for beat copy of the first two films and the story's quite predictable but it's pretty well put together and there's some good action along with some genuinely funny moments. They've used most, if not all of the BHC OST with a few of the tracks being modern remixes. Nice to see most of the original cast again. Definitely worth a watch. 

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 1