My dinafem discovery and subsequent delight

blackpoolbouncer

@@blackpoolbouncer. Thanks for the reply. This is all a minefield for me at the moment. so much to learn. Hopefully I wont have to use cal mag.

I did read somewhere that autos need cal mag but then i read a lot of shit on the internet that is clearly wrong.

Time will tell.

Peace

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/01/2017 at 8:18 AM, blackpoolbouncer said:

@@supermono when using pm nutes I needed to feed with calmag as a matter of course and would start feeding calmag about the day 21 point.

Cal defs show up as rusty spots followed by rapid yellowing of the plant. Can be very aggressive if not treated.

Mg defs make your leaves stripey.

If you try and fix a magnesium def with epsoms you will further lock out cal so it's worth noting the difference between the two. Too much cal will look Potassium out but this is rare but it is possible. I experienced this recently when I top dressed deftly with calcified seaweed and calcium carbonate trying to ditch the bottled calmag.

Cal defs are also one of the first indicators to me if my roots have been a bit chilly as cold roots and a hot canopy exacerbates this.

That's a simple run down on calmag in a bottle. I am making the transition over to my own soil which is 100% organic and requires no bottled nutrients.....just water from day one to chop. No cal mag or bloom. I'll be covering this at some point here for reference once I'm happy with my soil mix.

Hope this helps@@supermono

Thanks for the help and info mate :)

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

@blackpoolbouncer 

FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!!!!

Ive read this diary from start to finish and all I can say is wow! Props isn't enough to give you bro, thanks so much for sharing your skills and techniques on here with us BpB I have always liked autos but only ever saw them as a stop gap just to put me on till i finished my "real" grow, but you have opened my eyes to their potential bro. I think I might try the Dinafem Critical Jack thanks to how you did it. I'm doing a Big Bang Auto atm can't remember the seed bank off the top of my head as my memory isn't good I'm afraid bro but I would be honoured if you would look at my diary last couple pages is the Auto as her leaves haven't been good and she seemed to stall. Of course you will be busy but if you have a few mins to spare I would be really grateful bro

Thanks again for sharing, peeps like you make UK420 what it is and thanks to @botanics for giving me the heads up to check out this diary

ATB bro

MMG

Edited by MMG
  • Like 5

On 08/04/2017 at 9:43 PM, MMG said:

@blackpoolbouncer 

FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!!!!

Ive read this diary from start to finish and all I can say is wow! Props isn't enough to give you bro, thanks so much for sharing your skills and techniques on here with us BpB I have always liked autos but only ever saw them as a stop gap just to put me on till i finished my "real" grow, but you have opened my eyes to their potential bro. I think I might try the Dinafem Critical Jack thanks to how you did it. I'm doing a Big Bang Auto atm can't remember the seed bank off the top of my head as my memory isn't good I'm afraid bro but I would be honoured if you would look at my diary last couple pages is the Auto as her leaves haven't been good and she seemed to stall. Of course you will be busy but if you have a few mins to spare I would be really grateful bro

Thanks again for sharing, peeps like you make UK420 what it is and thanks to @botanics for giving me the heads up to check out this diary

ATB bro

MMG

@blackpoolbouncer can you check out the thread when you have a spare moment? I will also look in to :)

All the best

Mark.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey Blackpool.

Wicked Dairy mate, a lot to take in and absorb here for my first auto grow:notworthy:.

I'm abit stuck on what to do a la training wise. Which method have you found works best? Im stuck between a simple topping, FIMing or just LST all the way through. I've always got the best results from a good old FIM but I know timing is a lot more sensitive with autos and not sure the branches will have time to develop after.

BSR

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BigSilverRizla said:

Hey Blackpool.

Wicked Dairy mate, a lot to take in and absorb here for my first auto grow:notworthy:.

I'm abit stuck on what to do a la training wise. Which method have you found works best? Im stuck between a simple topping, FIMing or just LST all the way through. I've always got the best results from a good old FIM but I know timing is a lot more sensitive with autos and not sure the branches will have time to develop after.

BSR

@blackpoolbouncer:)

All the best 

Mark..

Just now, BigSilverRizla said:

Having a run on Dinafem's Blue Kush aswell @Dinafem-Mark ;) 

BSR

Why not get a diary started in the 2017-18 Dinafem section as we are offering prizes for the best 3 grow diaries and it will give a lot more advice to you from the uk420 community :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Just now, Dinafem-Mark said:

Why not get a diary started in the 2017-18 Dinafem section as we are offering prizes for the best 3 grow diaries and it will give a lot more advice to you from the uk420 community :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

I've got one going in the normal section atm mate but I'll rejig it around and get one up in the Dinafem section shortly :thumsup:

BSR

• Like 1

@BigSilverRizla cheers dude and thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings.

I usually just use lst and bend the main stem at 90 degrees after 5th node ish. 

If your expecting a big plant topping and lst works well.

Whichever way you go about it you want that canopy flat as ya can really. Keep her suppressed from growing up and you will have budsites a plenty. 

All the best dude

• Like 4

@blackpoolbouncer thank you very much for this interesting read sir, I have studied it intensely from start to finish and I am in awe at what you can do with these autos, haven't managed buds like that from photo plants with a 2 month veg and to see you pull more yeild from seed to chop in no more that 70 days is almost unbelievable and with only using bloom and calcall mag, growers spend hundreds on additives for this and that and don't get results close to this, well my friend you have inspired me to drop my idea of photo plants and ordereddinafem blue kush autos and I am sitting in just now as they should be arriving through the door any moment now :D I'm going to do my best to follow your process to the best of my ability and if I can get even half as good plants as yours I'll be happy , thanks again for such a detailed post it's good to have guys like yourself on here it helps out the noobs like me lol hope your doing well bud and no doubt your plants are too , peace :smokin:

• Like 2

@highlo not at all sir. Thanks for reading. 

Its all about keeping it simple. Hope you have a great run with the blue kush, tis a lovely original smoke. You made a good choice. Get a diary up chap and ill pop in from time to time. Ive said it before but anyone whos taken the time to read this I think deserves my time to give em a bit of help with anything. 

I stand by these methods and like to see people achieve what I know is possible with good genetics.

Medicine for the masses. Its gonna be even easier once ive fine tuned my "just add water" soil. Thats it, no nutes...................first run with it produced this 

large.IMG_20170608_44465.jpglarge.IMG_20170608_44187.jpglarge.IMG_20170608_44779.jpglarge.IMG_20170608_45158.jpglarge.IMG_20170608_43757.jpglarge.IMG_20170608_43497.jpg

That was done in my other room, thats just drying in there. It was cooked in a 1.2x1.5m room with a few other girls under a 315w cmh and 400 dual spec hps........cmh makes all the difference

The watering instructions are so simple. Its an absolute revolution. The soil is massively tolerant to over/underwatering because you can get run off from 20l tub with 2 litres and if you keep watering slowly and let it rest and repeat you can get it to hold up to 6 litres which is still massively well aerated, even at max saturation.

For me, this soil, means that someone that needs medicine can achieve this, by simply adding water and a little bit of simple training.......and not need to have even mastered watering with such a tolerance.

Anyway I waffle, Ill post up my soil recipes when Ive finished early trials on a slightly more accessible mix for people that dont have access to/time to make leaf mold but really this isnt a big deal. Anyway, hope you've enjoyed

@Dinafem-Mark Its nice popping by buddy, hope things are well with you?

Glad to see my work here is still inspiring people to try autos and your fine genetics.

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 11

19 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

@highlo not at all sir. Thanks for reading. 

Its all about keeping it simple. Hope you have a great run with the blue kush, tis a lovely original smoke. You made a good choice. Get a diary up chap and ill pop in from time to time. Ive said it before but anyone whos taken the time to read this I think deserves my time to give em a bit of help with anything. 

I stand by these methods and like to see people achieve what I know is possible with good genetics.

Medicine for the masses. Its gonna be even easier once ive fine tuned my "just add water" soil. Thats it, no nutes...................first run with it produced this 

large.IMG_20170608_44465.jpglarge.IMG_20170608_44187.jpglarge.IMG_20170608_44779.jpglarge.IMG_20170608_45158.jpglarge.IMG_20170608_43757.jpglarge.IMG_20170608_43497.jpg

That was done in my other room, thats just drying in there. It was cooked in a 1.2x1.5m room with a few other girls under a 315w cmh and 400 dual spec hps........cmh makes all the difference

The watering instructions are so simple. Its an absolute revolution. The soil is massively tolerant to over/underwatering because you can get run off from 20l tub with 2 litres and if you keep watering slowly and let it rest and repeat you can get it to hold up to 6 litres which is still massively well aerated, even at max saturation.

For me, this soil, means that someone that needs medicine can achieve this, by simply adding water and a little bit of simple training.......and not need to have even mastered watering with such a tolerance.

Anyway I waffle, Ill post up my soil recipes when Ive finished early trials on a slightly more accessible mix for people that dont have access to/time to make leaf mold but really this isnt a big deal. Anyway, hope you've enjoyed

@Dinafem-Mark Its nice popping by buddy, hope things are well with you?

Glad to see my work here is still inspiring people to try autos and your fine genetics.

That would be much appreciated @blackpoolbouncer I have a diary up In the auto section if you could take a peep when you have the time, that soil looks magic that fan is really healthy looking and to get that yield from just water would be incredible I'll definitely be trying out the recipe when you decide to release it, just a question but with soil so rich how do you manage to flush? I have heard it's not necessarily with organics I just haven't had the pleasure of tasting cannabis grown that way, the cmh does look like a good investment given it helps with trich production and also an added bonus of less electricity and heat I have been looking at them for a while but there expensive in comparison to the hps set ups, possibly something I'd upgrade to once I'm self sufficient , thanks again for the good read and tips