My dinafem discovery and subsequent delight

blackpoolbouncer

• 3 weeks later...

I've not read all this thread yet, but got to page nine and well,what can I say.. Blackpoolbouncer knows his auto's and when i do my next auto, which will be two dark devil's from sweet seeds (sorry dinafem mark) and a couple of auto ww xl from dinafem dinafem-mark i shall be doing the bondage with the flowers definitely. .. The normal auto ww look stunning but I'm gonna go xl or is it xxl.. I did a feminised ww a few years ago but never got to try the fruits as the police took it away, but it stunk so much we had the windows open for around four or five days to get rid of the pong..

Edited by Hashishian00
  • Like 3

wow.... great stuff BB........ you,ve convinced me to have a go at auto,s .........what would be the 2 easiest strains to start off with....,i,ve not grown a crop of these before and a bit out of touch.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

wow.... great stuff BB........ you,ve convinced me to have a go at auto,s .........what would be the 2 easiest strains to start off with....,i,ve not grown a crop of these before and a bit out of touch.

2 easy autos to start with I would say auto critical jack and auto critical+ :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not been in here for a while, sorry guys but thanks for all the comments. Nice to know this still serves people well.

@Dinafem-Mark@LovinTheBeans not much chance youl see me anywhere near coco. Clover compost or organic soil of my own making is all I will grow in. I may try a grow in leaf mold but coco or hydro just don't appeal

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers guys. I'm excellent Mark, thanks for asking. Hope your well. Haven't been in for a bit, nice to see the odd person still frequenting it

• Like 1

Cheers guys. I'm excellent Mark, thanks for asking. Hope your well. Haven't been in for a bit, nice to see the odd person still frequenting it

I'm quite well my friend glad your well and nice to see you posting again. You have gotten quite a loyal following :)

Great to see you back mate :oldtoker:

All the best

Mark.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, I read your grow thread with keen interest. I am new to growing.

Can you tell me about cal/mag. I believe i had cal/mag deficiency on my first grow and it went wrong. Possibly/probably nutrient lock out.

Do you feed your autos cal/mag as a matter of course or just when needed ?

many thanks

• Like 2

@@supermono when using pm nutes I needed to feed with calmag as a matter of course and would start feeding calmag about the day 21 point.

Cal defs show up as rusty spots followed by rapid yellowing of the plant. Can be very aggressive if not treated.

Mg defs make your leaves stripey.

If you try and fix a magnesium def with epsoms you will further lock out cal so it's worth noting the difference between the two. Too much cal will look Potassium out but this is rare but it is possible. I experienced this recently when I top dressed deftly with calcified seaweed and calcium carbonate trying to ditch the bottled calmag.

Cal defs are also one of the first indicators to me if my roots have been a bit chilly as cold roots and a hot canopy exacerbates this.

That's a simple run down on calmag in a bottle. I am making the transition over to my own soil which is 100% organic and requires no bottled nutrients.....just water from day one to chop. No cal mag or bloom. I'll be covering this at some point here for reference once I'm happy with my soil mix.

Hope this helps@@supermono

• Like 3