My dinafem discovery and subsequent delight

blackpoolbouncer

@@b33lz33bub I'd be inclined to agree with ya mate. As I mentioned in previous posts the canopy temps never got above 30 but I imagine that the canopy has been an area of very low humidity. Its a culmination of a few things and has come during my transition period between drawing air from the caravan and drawing it from outside resulting in, like you said, a low humidity range across the canopy leading to excess perspiration and all sorts of fucker which I've seen. Low humidity+hot light = crispy leaves

• Like 4

Guest UK Caregiver

I've tried a few ideas to raise rh in flowering when needed. Feed the plants just enough water to keep them going for 2 days, feed half the plants that, then the next day feed the other half. One thing though, it's a total pain in the arse, but did help lol

Not easy for you to keep a tall wide canopy perfect. Some leaves may be a bit toasted, but those buds look really nice and dank! I'm running some Dinafem genetics now, photo's and auto's. Very pleased with them too. Was interesting what you say about Humbolt, I thought they were meant to be top shelf genetics.

I'm going to look up the clover soil. Never heared of it tbh.

• Like 4

@UK Caregiver I've read good and bad things about humboldt. Mostly good just the same as you. However. The variation between these is unbelievable. They look like different strains. My buddy has run a few lots of humboldt and has yet to find a keeper. I don't doubt there's keepers there and there bb headband is supposed to be lovely but from what I've seen I haven't been impressed. I've yet to find a dinafem plant I'm not impressed with if I'm honest and when I'm going back to auto's and not mothering I need good genetics to avoid as best I can ending up with a dump plant. Especially with me running low numbers.

A few toasty leaves is fine by me at this stage. As you say. The buds are great and completely unneffected and what I've shown is the worst of the lot. Everything else has had another ten or twelve days now so it's all finished off fantastically. Most of that bud is perhaps a bit early but if the Amnesia pheno buds taken early are anything to go by she is gonna knock me out now lol

• Like 4

You can see now the buds have been trimmed up there is not a problem. I think it was as you said the reflector was a little to close?

As you do a lot of autos did you find you could get the bulbs more close to the plants with autoflowering genetics? As a posed to photoperiod strains?

Now they have been trimmed up they look great :)

As you have taken the top 4-5 inches from the top those lowers should not have this problem as they are 4-5 inches further away from those lovely tops.

Things are looking great mate and thank you so much for a detailed update with the added pictures. Very much appreciated :bong:

When you say it smells like coke do you mean coca cola or "Charlie "

All the best

D-M.

• Like 4

This is one of the first amnesia kush grows so once those tops are dry and cured we would love your thoughts on the end product.

I have tried it several months back and was very narcotic and has a very cerebral high. You smoke to much you ain't getting much done. I tried the more kush leaning pheno . So would be cool to see if you had a more amnesia dominant pheno as I think that could be even stronger :)

Nice work per usual mate :)

All the best and enjoy the pre harvest :bong:

D-M

• Like 4

@@Dinafem-Mark indeed. I'm well happy with the buds mate. They look lovely and the buds that have been left an extra ten or twelve days have really swollen.

I think it's been a combination of things. Reflector a little too close cos I've run out of headroom, old bulb running hot and low humidity drying the top leaves out.

It's hard to say with this being a 600 in a shit reflector and the 400 being in an open winged reflector. But the 400 dual spec used to be half the distance in my dr80. And the girls were happier. But then they don't have as much time to frazzle as these girls have.

The next grow will be back on the 400 and maybe something else to supliment. I am awfully tempted by adding a 315w Cmh.

Your welcome mate, when I say it smells of coke I mean like Charlie that I used to get. It was absolute rocket fuel and left and organic taste. Its what it reminded me of as soon as it was ground. That and a real sharpness coming from the limonene terpenes in it. Its not the typical limonene though. Its working symbiotically with something else in there to make it more bitter and complex. After only ten days she tastes far better than the purple trainwreck with a month cure nearly on it.

I chopped two of the kush leaning pheno buds at the same time and it is exactly what I expected and hoped for. A typical rock hard dense formation of calyxs that make for very uniform and stacked ping pong ball sized buds. She's much more mellow and understated with a typical kushy earthy flavour and smell with a hint of citrus and something slightly floral. Very smooth already and a good smoke to relax to.

Her sister, the best amnesia pheno is strong. Like, the early chopped buds with bugger all cure are serious.

I waked and baked yesterday and it left me in a daze for a good hour. The night before I sat down with my buddy and the first joint absolutely wiped me of my feet. I had to have a sit down which is very unlike me. It's the first weed for a while that's made the thought of "its a bit too strong this, I'll have to stop being my usual greedy self" has crossed my mind. Killer smoke for sure

It is so far everything I could have hoped for from this strain and its delivered a good mix. I don't usually run photos as everyone knows bit for these genetics I had to and I'm glad I have.

Get a bit of a cure on em now and get the rest chopped tonight and I will report back with an updated review. The smells and the high will, I expect, develope fantastically.

Happy smokes folks

• Like 7

Ah I forgot you also went up in bulb size from a 400w to a 600w. Could you not use the same reflector? Just hooked to the 600w ballast?

Enjoy your Sunday night sticky fingers mate lol

And enjoy this harvest. You've worked hard this year all ready putting all those seedlings started and out :)

Well deserved harvest Imo :)

Nice job mate!

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

Cracking stuff mate. might get myself on a run of autos myself, do you use reg seeds or female seeds.

• Like 1

@@blackpoolbouncer looking fantastic there mate now you've got them trimmed up, nowt to worry about.

I agree the accidental topping does not seem to have slowed down my girls at all, but rather allowed other bud sites to pop up that would have been shaded before. I've finished tying them down now and have managed to get a couple about 2 foot wide with around 30+ bud sites each plant. Loving your technique mate, just hope they stay healthy for the run in.

Do you trim your lower third off before they go into full on flower mode? I have quite a thick canopy and think this would be beneficial but not sure with the autos, I normally do this with regs.

Cheers TD

• Like 2

So glad this diary is still going strong and can pull up my old chair!! Looks like a nice harvest despite the few issues. Looking forward to reading along and catching up.

Clover is the soil "bomb" i know having completed an auto grow now. I'm also part way through another regular grow reusing that soil and it is still performing.

As for Dinafem's genetics... well, that auto grow (in my uk420 absence) was 4 amnesia xxl.. it pulled me 16oz in a 1.2 tent running a 600w hps... not a huge yield by some standards but huge for me and my biggest yet....this was despite some environment issues too. Dinafem seeds are the nuts. :D

• Like 4

Congratulations on a healthy harvest. Those buds look dreamy.

It be strong the AK, had me very forgetful.

Top job matey Boy.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies to all my readers. Since the chop I've been having a well deserved holiday. I have taken lots of harvest photos so a monster update is well overdue.

Just wanted to pop in and say a huge thank you to @@Dinafem-Mark and dinafem in general as well as everyone that voted for me. I had the most amazing weekend at product earth and met some really cool people that will be friends for many years to come.

Was awesome to speak to so many industry leaders and meet some of the guys from dinafem and show them my work.

Needless to say over the weekend I've changed a few people's views on autos showing off dinafems fine wares.

Immense respect to all and if any of you are reading this thanks for taking the time to converse and thanks for the dabs ;)

• Like 14

Apologies to all my readers. Since the chop I've been having a well deserved holiday. I have taken lots of harvest photos so a monster update is well overdue.

Just wanted to pop in and say a huge thank you to @@Dinafem-Mark and dinafem in general as well as everyone that voted for me. I had the most amazing weekend at product earth and met some really cool people that will be friends for many years to come.

Was awesome to speak to so many industry leaders and meet some of the guys from dinafem and show them my work.

Needless to say over the weekend I've changed a few people's views on autos showing off dinafems fine wares.

Immense respect to all and if any of you are reading this thanks for taking the time to converse and thanks for the dabs ;)

This is great to hear mate and we are so glad you had a great time.

I'm really hoping that next year I will be there myself to meet you all in person :)

You've been a great contributor to the section and the prize was well deserved. Just glad you got to meet some of the team from both Dinafem and uk420 :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...